Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

'Devaluation of feminist discourse' being listed as an unforgivable transgression. Thats the type of thing you usually hear in the context of fundamentalist religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Can we make this thread about the bat holocaust house instead of about feminism?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The feminist bookstore has gained sentience and it is loving pissed about it.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

This monsterous bookstore will devour us all.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Perhaps the time has come to call in Burning Orphanage Man.

I don't know where this came from but I thank you and this thread for delivering it into my life. Mistakes into miracles.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

I am genuinely curious as to how the people working that store would react to a guy walking into the store by himself.

I'd like to think they'd be super friendly and pretty jazzed that a guy was genuinely interested in learning about feminism and how to contribute to gender equality from the other side of the fence, but history (and Tumblr) tells me that would not be the case.

I once walked into a strange new age christian bookstore and they reacted as if I had walked broken into their house. I think someone hissed at me.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Through yellow smoke whirling into light

Buildings split, bridges collapsed

Crowded trams burnt as they rolled about

Portland, all full of boundless heaps of embers

Soon after, skin dangling like rags

With hands on breasts

Treading upon the spilt brains

Wearing shreds of burnt cloth round their loins

There came numberless lines of the naked

All fleeing

The Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've taken on and bested countless bookstores. I'll rumble with a feminist any day of the week. But a feminist bookstore, and one from Portlandia? What can I do against such reckless anger?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The trapped occupants of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia, who once had the hubris to call themselves its 'owners', try desperately to convey a warning to outsiders: to scare them away from the open jaws of the store, to spare others from the torment they must now endure, eternally.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

etalian posted:

The most portland thing was actually that vegan strip club

What's the point of going to a strip club if you can't tip them and have them eat your meat?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

I tried this to prove it:

This is after only twenty seconds of having the words feminist bookstore on my fridge. That book was some leftover ghost pepper chicken wings before. Also note the box wine (a woman's drink)

I was only able to sleep at night because I believed the horror was confined to a bookstore in Portland. Now I know that it is more of an abstract cosmic force of feminine hatred that can occupy any enclosed space, even those outside of traditionally black neighborhoods. I am afraid.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

EngineerSean posted:

Guys this isn't funny any more, tell me the feminist bookstore from Portlandia is something you guys made up or I'm telling Mom.

I know not its origins. What I do know is that they are irrelevant. Maybe we did make it up. Maybe our imaginations revealed to us something that was always there, lurking just beyond conscious perception, giving form to something otherwise unknowable. In either case, things take on a life of their own. In time two teenage girls will murder their friend as a sacrifice to the Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia. I see it in my dreams and know that it is inevitable. When I wake I see blood on my hands, and know that I share responsibility, as does everyone posting in this thread. It will come for us all, in time.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

it's too bad it didn't spawn a towel and some cleaner to wipe off all those greasy fingerprints and meat blood drippings.

Its not meat blood drippings. Any vessel occupied with the spirit of the feminist bookstore becomes stained by a different source of blood drops.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Maybe the feminist bookstore that was willing to allow Portlandia to use their storefront for its parody is also capable of engaging in self-parody via a sign on their door? Perhaps it knows emotions other than anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

People might believe that the feminist bookstore is an agent of the Illuminati, but the truth is the opposite. The Illuminati have always been the pawns of the Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia.

• Locked thread