Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
In Pontypool Guy voice: The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is angry. The signs are posted all over town. "Have you seen the feminist bookstore from Portlandia?" We've all seen the posters, but nobody has seen the feminist bookstore from Portlandia. Nobody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The feminist bookstore from Portlandia much?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
This is what I heard.

At one time the Buddha was staying in the Jeta Grove, near the city of Sravasti.
With him there was a community of 1,250 venerable monks and devoted disciples.

One day before dawn, the Buddha clothed himself, and along with his disciples took up his alms bowl and entered the city to beg for food door to door, as was his custom.
After he had returned and eaten, he put away his bowl and cloak, bathed his feet, and then sat with his legs crossed and body upright upon the seat arranged for him.

He began mindfully fixing his attention in front of himself, while many monks approached the Buddha, and showing great reverence, seated themselves around him.
After a time a most venerable monk named Subhuti, who was sitting in the congregation, rose from his seat.

He uncovered his right shoulder, placed his right knee on the ground, and as he joined his palms together he respectfully bowed and then addressed the Buddha:

“Most Honored One, It is truly majestic how much knowledge and wisdom your monks and disciples have been given through your most inspired teachings! It is remarkable that you look after our welfare so selflessly and so completely.”
“Most Honored One, I have a question to ask you. If sons and daughters of good families want to develop the highest, most fulfilled and awakened mind, if they wish to attain the Highest Perfect Wisdom, what should they do to help quiet their drifting minds and help subdue their craving thoughts?”

The Buddha then replied: "The Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia is angry."

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

bag em and tag em posted:

I know right? Nobody has even posted the Krusty meme and empty quoted it 136 times.

What sphinx of cement and aluminum bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

loquacius posted:

You gotta wonder if there was some sort of plague of loud public dick joke makers (in the feminist bookstore, from Portlandia) before they put up that sign

Maybe they've become a bike stop on a weed tour where ppl come into their place of business and treat them like poo poo, all because of a sketch show? Maybe they've been insanely patient up until now?
I deffo didn't read any of the posted link or w/e, since I'm still trying to catch up on 20th century classic literature that I can shoehorn joeks into.

• Locked thread