Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I'd like to think a feminist bookstore would be a good place for getting scholarly anthropology books on women's issues, but I know that it's probably all self-published garbage and weirdo Green Party stuff, just like every other indie bookstore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Haier posted:

Question: What is everyone's stance on New Age Bookstore?

I think they are interesting because there are lot of books about kundalini and goddess power, and sex tantra and Native American shamanism and Wiccan stuff. The people in there are stoned or eating shrooms and super laid back and believe anything about everything. The whole place smells like nice incense and scented candles. As a kid, I enjoyed looking at the stickers with my cousin while my aunt shopped for her weird books.

It's all really goofy dumb poo poo written by goofballs, but it's harmless and it's also fun as gently caress to see all the minerals sorted by Midichlorian count and Buddha riding Krishna statues and poo poo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Haier posted:

Holy poo poo, how could I forget the tupperware of sorted crystals? And beads! So many beads! And Tarot card sets!

Oh man. I wish my house smelled like a New Age bookstore.

It can, you just need to light incense and keep a bunch in packets around. My room smells like one and that's what I do.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Curl_like_smoke posted:

"It's not my job to educate you."

If they really cared about the stuff they ramble on about they would be willing to do it for free. I impart my knowledge of pre-contact Southwestern US ceramics and their role in society free of charge because I have passion.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Guys the bookstore is outside my window. What do I do? Can it not see me if I don't move?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

I tried this to prove it:

This is after only twenty seconds of having the words feminist bookstore on my fridge. That book was some leftover ghost pepper chicken wings before. Also note the box wine (a woman's drink)

Thoth won't help you write your way out of this one buddy. RIP.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Buckets posted:

The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
and a dark wind blows.

The government is corrupt
and we're on so many drugs
with the radio on and the curtains drawn.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible feminist bookstore
And the bookstore is bleeding to death.

loving :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Dr. Lariat posted:

Nu-nu-gbs is the comedy equivalent of the feminist book store from Portland.

So it's the comedy equivalent of nu-metal?

• Locked thread