Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Doody-Free Shop posted:

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is watching you masturbate.

why does it like making itself angry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Microaggression. Microaggression never changes.

The end of Portland occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many feminists, not enough safe spaces or bookstores to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely feminist ones.

Portland was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing, an atomic shitpost, struck by MRA hands, quickly raged out of control. Memes of nuclear fire rained from the internet. Websites were swallowed in memes and fell beneath the boiling shitposts. Feminism was almost extinguished, its spirits becoming part of the background blogs that blanketed the internet.

A quiet darkness fell across Portland, lasting many years. Few survived the devastation. Some had been fortunate enough to reach safety, taking shelter in great underground bookstores. When the great darkness passed, these bookstores opened, and their inhabitants emerged to begin their lives again.

One of the northern tribes claims they are descended from one such Bookstore. They hold that their founder and ancestor, one known as the "Book Keeper," once saved the world from a great evil. According to their legend, this evil arose in the far south. It corrupted all it touched, twisting wymyn inside, turning them into shitlords. Only through the bravery of this Book Keeper was the evil destroyed. But in so doing, Xe lost many of Xir blog-readers and suffered greatly, sacrificing much of ximself to save Portland.

When at last xe returned to the home xe had fought so hard to protect, xe was cast out. Exiled. In confronting that which they feared, xe had become something else in their eyes...and no longer their champion.

Forsaken by xir readers, xe strode into Real Life. Xe traveled far to the north, until xe came to the great canyons. There, xe founded a small village, Arroyo, where xe lived out the rest of his years. And so, for a generation since its founding, Arroyo has lived in peace, its canyons sheltering it from the outside world. It is home. Your home.

But the scars left by the war have not yet healed. And Portland has not forgotten.

also, this is amazing

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

BattleSausage posted:

Xon, we live in a world that has books, and those books have to be guarded by persons with political correctness. Who's gonna do it? You? You, FactsAreUseless? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your weiner, and you curse the Portlania Femenist Bookstore. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That your weiner's forcible removal, while tragic, probably saved hurt feminist feelings. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves hurt feminist feelings. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that bookstore, you need me in that bookstore. We use words like cishet, trigger, mansplaining. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a xir who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very social justice that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a book, and stand a shitpost. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread