Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Rubellavator posted:

How can you move in a city in such a way that it is neither white flight or gentrification

IIRC Portland is literally at 95% carrying capacity or some poo poo like that. You basically have to kill someone to move in.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I do not watch Portlandia or read books

I've read the books, but I haven't seen the movie.

Moon Atari posted:

This monsterous bookstore will devour us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

He gazed up at the enormous storefront. Six seasons it had taken him to learn what kind of novels where hidden behind the display window. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two mainsplained tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over patriarchy. He loved the feminist bookstore from Portlandia.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

what exactly is a safe space and how do I get one in my bathroom so no one knocks on the goddamn door while i'm in there reading my Stephen King novels
Hang this on your bathroom door.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

In her house at Portland feminist bookstore waits dreaming."

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

EngineerSean posted:

don't be mad

Yours was better anyway.

I WILL END YOU HARDER THAN THE FEMINIST BOOKSTORE FROM PORTLANDIA ENDS WHITE MALES!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I am become feminist bookstore, destroyer of Portlandia.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dr. Weir: The feminist bookstore brought me back. I told you she won't let me leave - she won't let anyone leave. Did you really think you could destroy this bookstore? She's defied space and time. She's been to a place you couldn't possibly imagine. And now... it is time to go back.
Miller: I know. To Portland.
Dr. Weir: You know nothing. Portland is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

We are born of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

We are made men by the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

We are undone by the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

misty mountaintop posted:

If my name was feminist bookstore from Portlandia... I'd tell people to just call me bookstore

I'd go by "from"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

skeevy achievements posted:

you mean these search/replace "feminist bookstore" in famous novel intros and such

hahaha

new gbs :smug:

Maybe the feminist bookstore from Portlandia was inside us all along! :)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Feminism is for Everybody in alley this morning, footprint on broken spine. Portland is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of cis scum and when the drains finally scab over, all the men will drown. The accumulated filth of all their patriarchy and microaggressions will foam up about their waists and all the gender antagonists and transmisogynists will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is angry."

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

reality: a man falls through the earth and into a Portlandian bookstore. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of feminists grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried critical theory"

• Locked thread