Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Roylicious posted:

Oh my god that store is real?

"Capitalism is BAD!"
*owns and operates a small business*

Yes, it's real, and it's really a feminist bookstore. Most of the places they film are real locations. I've heard mostly good things from people who have had their spaces used, but then those people usually aren't concerned about RAPE CULTURE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FactsAreUseless posted:

the video game Rampage but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and it's freaking PISSED. OFF. EPICLY.

A Portland rampage would be the most boring level ever. There would be 4-5 2 level buildings, 1 high rise, a river in the middle and about 100 hipsters waiting in line to enter one of the buildings for twee ice cream/bacon donuts/fresh hopped ipa. The hipsters would stand perfectly still while the monster could devour them at their leisure.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

kikkelivelho posted:

Finally a shop where I can freely poo poo my pants without feeling rejected by my surroundings. If only I lived in America where such wonders are possible.

They have non gendered open restrooms. You can poo poo your pants if you want to though, I won't micro-agress you.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Kelp Me! posted:

I am genuinely curious as to how the people working that store would react to a guy walking into the store by himself.

I'd like to think they'd be super friendly and pretty jazzed that a guy was genuinely interested in learning about feminism and how to contribute to gender equality from the other side of the fence, but history (and Tumblr) tells me that would not be the case.

They'd be like most portlanders. Asking if you need help then ignoring you for the next 45 minutes.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Kelp Me! posted:

You mean I wouldn't be committing a microaggression by inserting my cishet self into a feminist safe space? That's a relief

Your existence is a microaggression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
If you can fill the unforgiving shelf
With 60 titles of gender studies.

Yours is portland, and everything in it.
And -which is more- you'll be a Womyn, my daughter

• Locked thread