Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vegetable posted:

lmao alexis and wenger smiling like a bunch of crooks

Highway robbery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i never dont want arsenal to win

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

That was absolutely not going in the goal of it hadn't hit Koscielny's hands

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ciprian Maricon posted:

loving lmao, Chambo was going to miss too if it hadn't been for Koscielny's hand.

Sooooooooooo dodgy

Excellently worked team goal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

It's offside when the Ox smashed it into Koscielny's elbow

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

pik_d posted:

Oh....yea didn't even think about that. Glorious

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Lot of jelly salt directed at the best team, Arsenal

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

santanotreal posted:

Because? It's a clear hand. It redirects the ball to the net.
handball isn't just about the ball touching the hand.

in the modern day it's usually about whether the hand was in an "unnatural" position

koscielny jumped for the ball and the ball bounced off him from point blank. not a clear cut decision but would probably have been harsh to give handball

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Another disciplined, well-deserved win for the arse. They completely destroyed Burnley imho.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

pik_d posted:

Lmao that's true, didn't think of that. Wanted the Arse to lose but this is the perfect way to win.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Vegetable posted:

in the modern day it's usually about whether the hand was in an "unnatural" position

koscielny jumped for the ball and the ball bounced off him from point blank. not a clear cut decision but would probably have been harsh to give handball

That rule is typically used to decide on giving pens. In this case he clearly gained an advantage by illegally using his hand, whether on purpose or not.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

fart simpson posted:

Another disciplined, well-deserved win for the arse. They completely destroyed Burnley imho.

agreed

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

santanotreal posted:

That rule is typically used to decide on giving pens. In this case he clearly gained an advantage by illegally using his hand, whether on purpose or not.

was not deliberate

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Vegetable posted:

If that was handball then so was that Burnley clearance where one defender smashed it into the other's arm at close range.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Koscielny's arm was up near his drat head.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bea Nanner posted:

was not deliberate

:smugdon:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

santanotreal posted:

the handball rule is the same across all circumstances

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

was not deliberate

Makes no difference

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The handball's a moot point because he was offside anyway

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Koscielny's arm was up near his drat head.
he was stumbling after jumping for the ball, didn't look unnatural to me. could be wrong though, need to see the replay

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

It's only against the rules if the refs see it :smuggo:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Vegetable posted:

the handball rule is the same across all circumstances

Vegetable posted:

he was stumbling after jumping for the ball, didn't look unnatural to me. could be wrong though, need to see the replay

No, just no.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

santanotreal posted:

No, just no.
we can squabble about whether it was handball

but how do you think the handball rule differs between regular rulings and pen rulings

jesus

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Shoren posted:

It's only against the rules if the refs see it :smuggo:

it mighta been offa the bad guy idk im not the ref

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
idk which post i meant to quote but it wasnt that one

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
somoen post the gifv

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
e: whatever link this was didnt work

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 2, 2016

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://my.mixtape.moe/wcvjcv.mp4

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
seems legit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

From this angle it looks like Ox didn't even touch it, Koscielny kicked it into his own arm.
https://my.mixtape.moe/mfnped.mp4

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Here's some more angles.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/burnley-vs-arsenal/goaaaal-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-0-1.html

Definitely offside. The handball is a little questionable, but I think it would be called most of the time.

Edit: fixed the link

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

fart simpson posted:

From this angle it looks like Ox didn't even touch it, Koscielny kicked it into his own arm.
https://my.mixtape.moe/mfnped.mp4
that angle doesn't really help. the one they keep replaying on TV looks like ox and kos both got a foot to it, ox first

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Lovely glancing header at the back post.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
~i~ ~d~o~ ~n~o~t~ ~c~a~r~e~

#coyg

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I believe this could be Arsenal's year. Having said that, it could also be someone else's year and only time will tell.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal were dogshit for 90 minutes and then Koscielny threw the ball into the back of the net. Best match ever.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Also got the classic Wenger "didn't see it" post match.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
arsene nonce wenger needs the refs to help him vs Burnely, sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Xabi posted:

I believe this could be Arsenal's year. Having said that, it could also be someone else's year and only time will tell.

controversial opinion, that

• Locked thread