Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I've done this before and there's really no set of criteria. It will be marked on a scale of 100%.

Just post a photo of your pet and tell me about it and I will critique it. Please include a photo and name, a description, a funny memory/habit of your pet.

Maybe if you ask me nicely I'll draw a picture of your little buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

This is gonzo. He passed away about a year ago. He enjoyed pumpkin pie and hugs. A cool dogge

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
who made you the sole arbiter of what makes a quality animal, op?! in fact, gently caress YOU!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

diabeetz posted:

Just post a photo of your pet and tell me about it and I will critique it. Please include a photo and name, a description, a funny memory/habit of your pet.

I would, but I don't have any current pictures of your mom.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
How about you shove your grading scale up your rear end like you did with all your gerbils?

naem
May 29, 2011

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Here's my cat enjoying some beers

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
here is my dog enjoying her bath :kimchi:

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

This was my cat Link, I hit him with a car going 50 miles per hour. I assumed I had killed whatever I hit and it was raining super hard. I circled around a few time saw shiny eyes in the gutter and got out to see how bad I had hosed this animal up. He was surprisingly not bleeding, but he was in shock could not move or walk. I snagged this super thin street cat from the gutter and tossed him in the car. Raced to a local pet hospital I knew of and rushed him in.

Long story short he recovered and lived with me for 7 years till he got too sick to keep being a grump rear end in a top hat cat. His favorite things to do were to eat everything and I mean everything then puke it up if it did not kill him. Also he never lost his street cat eating habits so he would eat food too fast and puke that up also. He was a cool cat besides that. Here's his pic, I would love a drawing if you have time.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shiva, girl, blue dog. Energetic, spicy, rambunctious. She lives up to her name.

Jersey, blue dog, good boy, he's like the John Cena of dogs.

They are both incredibly smart, and they are more impressive in motion

If anyone is interested I will share an excellent video of each dog being awesome AF

Also fun fact this is the type of dog from mad max 2

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 1, 2016

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
This is Kiska, she is dumb as a brick and eats cardboard and gets so territorial she basically has seizures but she's the most loving cat I've ever had :3: She likes to be there asleep when I wake up in the morning.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
What do you think about my rat?

His name is Crisco, I picked him because he was the fattest in his litter from day 1, and also the cuddliest. Now he weighs over 2lbs and is as long as my forearm. He likes to lick fingers and sleep in my lap and get scratched behind the ears. I got his nuts chopped off so he hangs out with a bunch of girls that all pick on him despite him being twice their size.

Bismuth fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 1, 2016

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But that's two rats!!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Tendai posted:

But that's two rats!!

The black one is my roomie's rat, but I'll take judgement on either one

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My dog gets really upset when there's no other dogs at the local park

But usually they are!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

r u ready to WALK posted:

But usually they are!

Where you live and where I live look very similar.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

All in all, this was a good summer

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

ChrisHansen posted:

This is gonzo. He passed away about a year ago. He enjoyed pumpkin pie and hugs. A cool dogge

Well Gonzo's certainly Gonezo to doggy heaven.

Doesn't have that greasy look like most small white longhair breeds, but has the alternative: texture of an old woman's hair.

60%, (50% + 10% sadness bonus)

PokeJoe posted:

Here's my cat enjoying some beers

Looks very soft, attentive. The face says "I'm slim and tight" but those neck rolls say "master is hiding my obesity by putting me in a box"

75%, would like to see more content.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My dog went through a glam rock phase after finding out Bowie passed

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Madness posted:

This was my cat Link, I hit him with a car going 50 miles per hour. I assumed I had killed whatever I hit and it was raining super hard. I circled around a few time saw shiny eyes in the gutter and got out to see how bad I had hosed this animal up. He was surprisingly not bleeding, but he was in shock could not move or walk. I snagged this super thin street cat from the gutter and tossed him in the car. Raced to a local pet hospital I knew of and rushed him in.

Long story short he recovered and lived with me for 7 years till he got too sick to keep being a grump rear end in a top hat cat. His favorite things to do were to eat everything and I mean everything then puke it up if it did not kill him. Also he never lost his street cat eating habits so he would eat food too fast and puke that up also. He was a cool cat besides that. Here's his pic, I would love a drawing if you have time.

Sorry about your garbage catte but it sounds like he had a good time after being hit. 85%

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Shiva, girl, blue dog. Energetic, spicy, rambunctious. She lives up to her name.

Jersey, blue dog, good boy, he's like the John Cena of dogs.

They are both incredibly smart, and they are more impressive in motion

If anyone is interested I will share an excellent video of each dog being awesome AF

Also fun fact this is the type of dog from mad max 2

Automatic 100% to any blue heelers/cattle dogs. I also like how a single nipple of Shiva's is illuminated in the light.

Post a vid!

Tendai posted:

This is Kiska, she is dumb as a brick and eats cardboard and gets so territorial she basically has seizures but she's the most loving cat I've ever had :3: She likes to be there asleep when I wake up in the morning.

Awww she looks super soft, and I'm assuming tolerates belly rubs without latching onto your forearm.

85% for a clean, smilin' cat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Here's my cat Penelope and my wife's dog Ruby in a rare case of them sleeping next to one another. They did not appreciate me snapping a picture at 7 in the morning, the lazy little shits.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

thats a jacked up lookin cat

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Here's a vid of my animals playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnS12f6dko

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had an old hamster named Honeydew who when I bought her she turned out to be pregnant and had a bunch of babies. Here she is with one of her grown babies while they were still living together, sleeping in very awkward positions.

and awake:

Here is Chip, another one of that litter.

and grown up

here is my idiot dog Rosie, soaking wet after a vinegar bath and washing after she escaped the back yard, chased a skunk under a bush, and got a point-blank shot to the face of skunk gunk. She was rubbing her face all over everything, mostly the floor making a mess of absolutely everything, and was delirious.

this is what she normally looks like

and my ex-dog Sadie who we had to put down after she developed dementia

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

diabeetz posted:

Looks very soft, attentive. The face says "I'm slim and tight" but those neck rolls say "master is hiding my obesity by putting me in a box"

75%, would like to see more content.

He frequently sleeps like this

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

diabeetz posted:

Awww she looks super soft, and I'm assuming tolerates belly rubs without latching onto your forearm.

85% for a clean, smilin' cat.
100% true, the reason I picked her at the shelter was that she came over to me as soon as I entered the cat room and flopped down at my feet to get her belly rubbed.

She continues to do that now :kimchi:

Thank you for my solid B cat score, that's a reasonable score for a reasonable cat.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
My dogs name is Rufus op

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

This is my cat, Wick. He came from a Humane Society shelter I used to volunteer at, where he reached out from his pen and punched my boyfriend at the time when we were walking by, demanding attention. He is old and grumpy and very set in his ways, but he likes sunbeams, singing, and shrimp.

Please do not take off too many points because of the dot on his nose, he was just born that way and I constantly bodyshame him as is.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I want a fossa so bad.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

But usually they are!

god drat if your dog wasn't cool enough that second picture is like a collage of good breeds of dogs

Bismuth posted:

Where you live and where I live look very similar.

don't dox yourself, with the knowledge that you live in a place with somewhat dry grass and mostly coniferous forests someone could easily realize you both live on the west coast

extra stout fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 1, 2016

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
That was Jake, lost him about a year ago.

<------------

He liked animal crackers, red wine, and naps. If you feel like drawing him that'd be awesome.

Here's another:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Here is Buddy, an elderly chihuahua I adopted. He has one tooth, a molar, so his tongue is always like that.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 1, 2016

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

These are my beagles, Alpha and Pepper. Alpha's the tricolored one and Pepper's black and white. Alpha passed away a few months ago due to congestive heart failure but Pepper's still alive.

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 1, 2016

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Bismuth posted:

What do you think about my rat?

His name is Crisco, I picked him because he was the fattest in his litter from day 1, and also the cuddliest. Now he weighs over 2lbs and is as long as my forearm. He likes to lick fingers and sleep in my lap and get scratched behind the ears. I got his nuts chopped off so he hangs out with a bunch of girls that all pick on him despite him being twice their size.

Awwww holy poo poo 2lbs is a big rat. He a dumbo? I spot three rats but I appreciate the 'tude coming from the black on you're cutting off.

90%. Crisco's expression is cool and all but the real winners here are the seemingly clean cage and clean/trimmed fingernail.

But usually they are!

Whoa what a rollercoaster of a story! I liked the part where dogge wasn't actually alone. Love that breed though; they seem like st bernard/Newfoundland Lite. The sunset photo was super nice too.

95% for a wide acting portfolio.

mind the walrus posted:

My dog went through a glam rock phase after finding out Bowie passed

These dogs are a hundo in person but they photograph weird. However, I don't want to poo poo talk it because it might eat me, or cry. Also I like what I can see of your nightside table. I can feel a warm beach breeze coming in.

97%

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

diabeetz posted:

Awwww holy poo poo 2lbs is a big rat. He a dumbo? I spot three rats but I appreciate the 'tude coming from the black on you're cutting off.

90%. Crisco's expression is cool and all but the real winners here are the seemingly clean cage and clean/trimmed fingernail.

Thanks! Yeah Crissy is a big ol' dumbo! Not my finger though.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

He loves to make blanket forts and bury himself like it's a little burrow (sometimes with just his nose peeking out) and when he wants to be pet he'll like climb up your leg and keep insistently poking you with his front paw lol.

John Denver Hoxha fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 1, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Talking about burrowing

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Here is our cat.

this was the highest resolution image phones took in 2009

We adopter her a few weeks after my wife's childhood cat passed away. It helped my wife heal. Her old cat was only living with us for 6 months when he died. But he lived to be a good 18 years old.

She is now 6 years old and her personality has changed a lot.

She used to be a very timid and scared cat. I tried for THREE YEARS to make her a lap cat. I would put treats on my lap to get her to lay on my lap but she would not do it. Completely out of nowhere, one day she just decides to sit on my lap. Now she doesn't stop. It's great. However it can be kind of annoying when I wanna just sit down in the office computer for 2 minutes. She hears me sit down somehow, from a completely different floor in the house, and jumps into my lap as soon as I sit down. By the way, she never, ever goes on my wife's lap. She just "chose" me for whatever reason (I have heard female cats tend to pick one person and stick with them; males are more likely to have more than 1 favorite).

She likes to lay in the sink

She also looks like Ulillillia

My wife snuck a picture of her sleeping in my arm:

She sits kinda funny sometimes

She covers her eyes from the sun

Here is another pic of when she was younger

Here she is after she "suckles" the blanket like it is giving her milk or something

She is a great cat. She only meows when she wants to be petted or when she wants you to see that she caught a fly.

I hope you consider giving her a high rating, OP.

Madness posted:

That is an awesome story. I am not the OP but you get a 10 for the story alone. A lot of people would have just left him to die. Getting hit by a car was ironically the best thing that ever happened to him!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

diabeetz posted:

Automatic 100% to any blue heelers/cattle dogs. I also like how a single nipple of Shiva's is illuminated in the light.

Post a vid!

:woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rabv9Dch6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i_4OzKs45Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

That is an awesome story. I am not the OP but you get a 10 for the story alone. A lot of people would have just left him to die. Getting hit by a car was ironically the best thing that ever happened to him!

Thanks! Trust me I really did not want to get out and get drenched and I was on my last circle around when I saw him in the gutter I assumed I had winged whatever it was and was ready to leave after 3 laps. Also as an interesting side note when I hit him it moved the location of his heart, the vet said the impact moved his heart from its normal spot a bit. I don't remember the exact details but the vet said he used all 9 lives on this impact I have no idea how he did not die. And yeah he lived a pimp life after that!

• Locked thread