Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

starkebn posted:

But a guy with a surname like that surely has a strong indigenous heritage

That's a real dumb opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Oh yeah, today is the yearly reminder that a national day of celebration themed around gambling and animal abuse is super lovely.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 1, 2016

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

Oh yeah, today is the yearly reminder that a national day of celebration themed around gambling and animal abuse is super lovely.

Much like this nation

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Media Watch was hilarious last night.

The only way you could describe Media Watch as fifteen minutes of low-brow television, Hadley, is due to them broadcasting dickheads like you and Dutton. Should come with a warning, really.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
So Bob Day resigned...again.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kafka Syrup posted:

That's good! As soon as he tendered his first resignation he had to go, no bloody escape hatches Bob.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Kafka Syrup posted:

Except for real this time.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kafka Syrup posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...031-gseryb.html

Lol

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It's really come to something when the LNP apparatus can't even bail out their business mates any more. No wonder support for them is plummeting. "Can't even corrupt properly Mr Speaker!"

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zenithe posted:

Would you accept riderless horses trampling bookies at full gallop?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Kafka Syrup posted:

Ahahahaha

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kafka Syrup posted:

Kevin Rudd momentarily takes a break from his resignation speech to wish Bob Day well on his endeavors.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
A pair of Brisbane entrepreneurs have announced an “innovative way to address male related social issues” through the establishment of Australia’s first co-working space exclusive to men. Because if there’s one thing the startup sector needs it’s a blanket ban on women.

http://junkee.com/australian-start-open-new-co-working-space-exclusive-men/88596#XqgtBo7veXwZK0MK.99

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Lid posted:

A pair of Brisbane entrepreneurs have announced an “innovative way to address male related social issues” through the establishment of Australia’s first co-working space exclusive to men. Because if there’s one thing the startup sector needs it’s a blanket ban on women.

http://junkee.com/australian-start-open-new-co-working-space-exclusive-men/88596#XqgtBo7veXwZK0MK.99

They look almost exactly the way I thought they would.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

“I’m 25 and I’ve grown up in this culture where we don’t have any rites of passage. In other cultures you go out and hunt in a forest for three days. We just hit 15 and start drinking. There’s a real loss of identity for men. We used to go to war together. Girls do it better naturally, they have tea parties and stuff.”
Read more at http://junkee.com/australian-start-open-new-co-working-space-exclusive-men/88596#E4U0XVfvAiVzZgoH.99

f-f-ff-f-f-f-f

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Lol he only started drinking at 15, no wonder he's hosed in the head.

And the male-space is just a safe space for wife beaters. Nice...

thatfatkid fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 1, 2016

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
But I'm socially retarded with both sexes. :shrug:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Lid posted:

That entire thing is pretty much just MRA.txt

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are you guys deciding not to have a November thread this time? It feels like only yesterday when Tony Abbott went fuckity bye.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The October one was so good we :eng99:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Kafka Syrup posted:

Yeah, about that...

https://twitter.com/BernardKeane/status/793342352546934784

e: Soapy's response:

https://twitter.com/CroweDM/status/793339514852745216

I guess the ABCC legislation won't be coming up for a while.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 1, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
This of course raises the question of if and how long the Government knew about issues around Day's seat.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
how could Anthony Greene let this happen

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

adamantium|wang posted:

Yeah, about that...

e: Soapy's response:

I guess the ABCC legislation won't be coming up for a while.

:circlefap:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

The Federal Government will ask the Senate to consider challenging Bob Day's election to the Senate in the High Court.

The President of the Senate, Stephen Parry, has written to all senators raising concerns about Mr Day and the validity of his election to the 45th Parliament.

Late this afternoon, Senator Parry emailed the other 75 Upper House members stating he had received Mr Day's resignation, but that there were concerns about whether appointing his replacement could follow the usual procedures.

"I am considering information which raises difficult constitutional questions relating to the composition of the Senate and I am seeking further advice before I put the matter before the Senate on Monday," Senator Parry wrote in an email.

The ABC understands there are concerns about Mr Day's electorate office, and to whom he was paying rent for the space.

If there is a problem with that arrangement, it could mean that Bob Day's election was invalid.

More to come.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Don't cheer yet, I know a recount has deeper effects than just the next in line on the last count, but One Nation are a chance to get that seat I think.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/results/senate/#ssa

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The questions seem to be that Day may have been in violation of section 44

quote:

isqualification

Any person who:

(i) is under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or a citizen of a foreign power; or

(ii) is attainted of treason, or has been convicted and is under sentence, or subject to be sentenced, for any offence punishable under the law of the Commonwealth or of a State by imprisonment for one year or longer; or

(iii) is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent; or

(iv) holds any office of profit under the Crown, or any pension payable during the pleasure of the Crown out of any of the revenues of the Commonwealth; or

(v) has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any agreement with the Public Service of the Commonwealth otherwise than as a member and in common with the other members of an incorporated company consisting of more than twenty-five persons;

shall be incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.

But subsection (iv) does not apply to the office of any of the Queen's Ministers of State for the Commonwealth, or of any of the Queen's Ministers for a State, or to the receipt of pay, half pay, or a pension, by any person as an officer or member of the Queen's navy or army, or to the receipt of pay as an officer or member of the naval or military forces of the Commonwealth by any person whose services are not wholly employed by the Commonwealth.

iii is the one he's resigned under, but it looks like v is the problem this time over whether he was elected at all

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

G-Spot Run posted:

Don't cheer yet, I know a recount has deeper effects than just the next in line on the last count, but One Nation are a chance to get that seat I think.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/results/senate/#ssa

In any case, I can't imagine it going to a left-wing party. Not in this fuckin' country.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/793350632040116224

Wellllllllp

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Lol of course Bob Day is lining his own pockets. The member for the Family and Morals party.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It's almost like title searches and ASIC records are easily searchable by the public

any rear end in a top hat with a grudge could have found this out

so, good

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/793363387564429312

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Of course it would be ONP. :unsmigghh:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Thanks Mr Day for making mine a little brighter.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I think it is a good thing that Bob Day has done the Christian thing and left the senate

:q:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
November please.

Should be just as poo poo.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Lid posted:

Too many women in Men's sheds?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

lol even an extra ONP fuckhead would probably be a nightmare for Mal. They're completely hosed if a Labor one gets up though

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
If labour gets it, does that mean the Government can't do anything? How would that change things?

Also, Who did the digging on this, and why did they wait till now??.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

thatfatkid posted:

Lol he only started drinking at 15, no wonder he's hosed in the head.

And the male-space is just a safe space for wife beaters. Nice...

good post, keep it up

• Locked thread