Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

all the german was so frustrating to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's been excellent ww2 television shows with less episodes than 12 so...

most ww2 movies certainly don't have a running time longer than 240 minutes either

nothing is saying it has to encompass the whole conflict, this can be just 1 front of many and the germans could fail here and succeed elsewhere. you know, like they did in north-africa, with the united kingdom, the soviet union etc

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thankfully those aren't the only ww2 series in existence, for example unsere mütter, unsere väter is 3 episodes totalling 270 minutes. i would also never name the pacific or the VC anime as good shows, as they are both horrible.

but once again, i would like to repeat: just because a conflict is huge, does not mean the show has to portray all this. its unneeded and nobody sane would make a television show that does that and is not a documentary without an unthinkable amount of episodes. this show will most likely just focus on whatever is going on with the witch, and that is fine. that is good even! most war media picks just one group to follow!

what i was responding to with fangz is that he/she basically appears to say that the show HAS to address the greater conflict or that it has to address the entire front, and that this is impossible in 12 episodes. which is just nonsense. it does not have to do that and i can guarantee you it won't. this is in no way a black mark against the show and its a weird thing to get concerned about when there have been countless examples of war media that have shown the way to go already.

here's an example of how the show could go 'izetta keeps the enemy at this front busy, britannia invades germania making germania pull out troops from this front, britannia wins, the end'. here you have a simple outline for the show, that does not require it to show any more of the war besides the occasional message from other fronts, something the show already did by showing glimpses of the invasion while the princess was negotiating

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lesbians of gay homos

• Locked thread