Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Whoever is doing the research for the setting, weaponry and architecture is top notch, although I laughed when the Germans snuck out of a neutral country in an Italian bomber with German military markings. Subtlety much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Spiritus Nox posted:

Thermidor. It was the only one that wasn't just (Real Country)ania or a reference to something I knew about (Livonia is a Polish city, I believe, and Romulus is a figure in a founding Roman legend).

Livonia was actually a region that included Modern day Estonia and Latvia, so naming ersatz-Poland that was kinda weird.

Thermidor was a month in the French republican calendar between mid July and mid August. It's remembered because Robespierre, the leader of the republican terror got overthrown during what is called the Thermidor reaction. It's also the name of a lobster dish :hist101:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

chumbler posted:

I'm gonna watch the show and hope the witch continues to ride a giant rifle as her broom and also kisses the cool princess.

:ohdear: Having fun watching a show without sperging about it? Is that allowed?!? MODS!!! :ohdear:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Moustached fighter pilot lived to moustache another day. I dunno about the Nazi bit, he seemed like the gruff guy just doing it cause it's his career while his younger squadron mates drink the fascism kook aid.
Anyhow, apparently Elystadt's Mary seems to use French uniforms and tanks. I couldn't get a read on the silhouettes of their planes though, I wonder if this was chosen because Austrian equipment would have looked too much like the German stuff or if it's just a case of the stereotypical Japanese love of France.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"Witches as a critique of Nuclear Proliferation and interventionist Imperialism" is the thematic buzz I was getting from this episode's final monologue.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone who breaks OPSEC will be denied pie. And shot.
Смерть шпионить and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Did I miss where he got a vial full of witch blood to activate the castle Mcguffins?

• Locked thread