Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
First episode was real cool. I'm generally a fan of works that take place in WW2 fictitious or otherwise, so I'm intrigued to see where Alternate WW2 + Witches ends up going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Vasenka's War did that concept better.

Haven't seen that yet. Is it any good?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Sad that the mustached fighter pilot guy turned out to be a Nazi, but otherwise it was a good episode. This show is pretty good

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The music in this show owns incredibly hard

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Something tells me that at some point we'll get a plot point dedicated to "we have an ultimate weapon now, we should exploit her to the fullest regardless of all ethical and moral consequences" which will inevitably involve Fine as well. It only makes sense for some idiot in the Elystadt army to get in over their heads over how much of a trump card Izetta is only to end up forcing her into a battle against her will

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Fine tried so hard not to cry over her father's death, but even she has her limits :smith:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Finished the episode awhile ago, and yeah, the next episode preview coupled with that flashback of Izetta trying to contain her powers tells me something bad is gonna go down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The setting isn't the problem, it's that the script feels half-baked and nothing feels fleshed out enough. Like you can quibble over details all you want but the setting being WW2 with magical girls is the least of this show's issues

(I say this without having watched past episode 5, but my point remains)

• Locked thread