Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Metapod?
pod da gawd
pod a frawd
I guarantee Metapod will win a ring before the so-called "king"
View Results

• Locked thread
spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
WAR NEVER CHANGES

did you know: McDonalds blew a 3-1 Lead in the Moos Droo Finals

VARIANT RULES

RULE 1 - Positions G, G, G, SF, PF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

The rosters and benches are extremely deep, so there will not be a lot of great talent on the wire - considering that, I've geared the starting positions to eliminate positional scarcity as much as possible. I based my math on historical Yahoo rankings and this year's Yahoo positions. Scarcity at shooting guard/center and over-abundance at power forward are my findings, and I'm mitigating them by installing three Guard spots with no SG required and an extra PF spot instead of the traditional extra C spot.

RULE 2 - Continuous Rolling Waiver System (Updates Mon, Fri Morning)
I like this system in NFL Fantasy and it works just as well in NBA. I was reluctant at first to sacrifice the 'art of the lightning fast injury pickup' but this hopefully makes it so members don't have to spend so much free time thinking about fantasy and reading alerts. It also discourages streaming. If you're anything like me you will let fantasy games win over your social life occasionally and so I want to remove the temptation as much as possible. The waiver claims will go into effect twice a week, once on Mondays at the start of the week and once on Fridays, permitting players to make adjustments heading into weekend games if they deem it necessary.

RULE 3 - Trade Take-Backs 2-Day Evaluation Period
The purpose of this rule is to encourage trade speculation but support fair trades. I will never unilaterally veto a trade unless I am somehow able to determine that its purpose is to disrupt the balance of the game on purpose. If both managers want to do the trade, they can do it. Even if it makes people mad. However, I need to provide some outlet for the persons who get mad about trades, because in many cases their complaints have merit. So here's the deal: If you can convince either side of a trade that they are making a bad trade, and they wish to cancel it, they can. I leave veto or 'take-back' power in the hands of the individuals making the trade. Another consequence of this rule is its implications towards player injuries that happen during the trade review period. If the injury happens after the trade has been accepted and the review period has already started, you're stuck with it - both sides lose their veto right. If the injury happened before the trade was accepted, both sides have the right to veto. I am aware that this logic is somewhat circuitous but I've thought it through and to me it's the best way to prevent common abuses.

SEASONS CHANGE BUT OUR LEAGUE IS FOREVER

ALL-TIME STANDINGS

1. "Triay" (Pau!in yo' face)
REIGNING AND 2-TIME CHAMPION (Year 1; 3) (301-224-6) (.573)

2. Frustrated (Manure Ginobili)
1-TIME CHAMPION (Year 2) (305-218-8) (.583)

3. "Troy" (McDonald's)
(305-219-7) (.582)

4. Evil_Penguin_v2 (DickVitalesRightEye)
(97-73-1) (.567)

5. spacejung (I KNOW NOW WHY U KAWHI)
(286-238-7) (.546)

6. YamataNaOrochi (James Harden's Beard)
(188-168-4) (.528)

7. H-Tail (Cruisin for a Boozin)
(276-248-7) (.527)

8. "Trevor" (Dion & The Waiters)
(177-170-4) (.510)

9. Ishin (BGI's Ballers)
(248-276-7) (.473)

10. MagicCube (DeMars Rover)
(236-290-5) (.449)

11. Metapod (RussellMania)
(226-299-6) (.430)

12. jabro (Easy Blake Oven)
(210-315-6) (.400)

FONDLY REMEMBERED

1. Cloud the Cat (Merbein Cobras)
(75-96-0) (.439)

2. Brogeoisie (White Space)
(151-204-5) (.426)

3. Mr.AARP (KyrieOnMyWaywardSon)
(67-110-3) (.381)

:siren: a link to the league this was always here durrr http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/36979 :siren:

Draft Time: :siren: Sun Oct 23 3:15pm PDT :siren:

spacejung fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I forgot about this a lot during the season redemption season where I pay attention

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I would like to play if somebody drops out

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I would like to play if somebody drops out

HOTLANTA MAN easily claims first queue position.

Let's see how it breaks down after people start to check in, I imagine there might be a spot or two and we'd be glad to have ya.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I'm in again, always enjoy some fantasy basketball.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I'm still in and all I can say is that at least I'm not in last place!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
What a turn-out! Still looking for H-Tail and the upstart Evil_Penguin_V2 and then we have everyone who counts back in the fold.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Hey guys, in again obviously

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
I can't wait to forget to set my team for the first time all season on the first day of the playoffs again

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Our happy little family all back together again. I feel like a joyful old farming man on harvest day.

Anybody need to bitch about the draft time of Sun Oct 23 3:15pm PDT?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

Anybody need to bitch about the draft time of Sun Oct 23 3:15pm PDT?

I just found out I have to go to San Francisco for work that week and will be on a plane during the draft. There may be in flight wi-fi, but I can probably just pre-set my draft priority if this is the best time for everyone.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
It's a good time for me. I've been preparing tables of stats.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
I'm here. Playoffs accomplished last year, title this year.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Gonna try embracing the don't suck strategy this year.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

I just found out I have to go to San Francisco for work that week and will be on a plane during the draft. There may be in flight wi-fi, but I can probably just pre-set my draft priority if this is the best time for everyone.

You are one of our best drafters so if you're willing to do that, I'm confident that you'll find success once again.

Everyone else seems like they can bend their schedules to make it, so I'll leave it there (not many options left anyway).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Has invites been sent?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

Has invites been sent?

It auto-renewed to whichever e-mail address you used last time, try going here: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/36979

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I work 12 hours until 5am on Sunday then have to drive to San Diego that day. Trying to get there before the draft but we'll see.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
OK, so I drafted multiple Bulls yesterday. Is there a hotline to get help for this? I also have guards for days, and will trade them for guys who played past freshmen year for Calipari.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm sorry I'm not worthy of an alpha

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
I am in the market for a small forward, entertaining trades

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

H-Tail posted:

I am in the market for a small forward, entertaining trades

Offer me something

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm no Cliff Paul... or even a lesser Hooper family member... but consider me your first stop for Assists

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm feeling good about this Anthony Davis fella

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

Metapod posted:

I'm feeling good about this Anthony Davis fella

Only guy I could of took over Russ I am happy with my selection either way.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Eric Bledsoe (G, PHX, Yahoo! Rank 94, Round 3/Pick 28)

to Easy Blake Oven (jabro) in exchange for Nikola Jokic (PF/C, DEN, Yahoo! Rank 139, Round 3/Pick 29)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade - an injury to either will lock the trade in. Take-back period will end at 13:38 PDT on Saturday, November 5, 2016 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Sunday, November 6).

For those rusty on the rules, you can counter-offer to either me or jabro if you think you can part with a better package. Good luck!

spacejung fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 9, 2016

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Hang on I think I screwed the pooch on this one by clicking "Allow Trade" causing it to go in ahead of schedule - going to make the adjustments so I don't get Jokic a day early.

edit: ok I think it's good now. jabro I'm gonna put this through around 1am so don't forget to set your lineup tomorrow.

spacejung fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 5, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

Hang on I think I screwed the pooch on this one by clicking "Allow Trade" causing it to go in ahead of schedule - going to make the adjustments so I don't get Jokic a day early.

edit: ok I think it's good now. jabro I'm gonna put this through around 1am so don't forget to set your lineup tomorrow.

Something happened where I had to re-add my waiver picks too. No biggie since I have only two but thought you should know.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Something happened where I had to re-add my waiver picks too. No biggie since I have only two but thought you should know.

Ugh. Sorry I don't have a way to see those and wouldn't have even known. Here, instead of me adjusting your team again, I'll just send the trade once more and put it through as agreed upon. This will also help us grind for wheeling and dealing medals.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
OK now that that is all sorted.

Who wants some Devin Booker?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Devin Booker (G, PHX, Yahoo! Rank 168, Round 6/Pick 69) (nice)

to BGI's Ballers (Ishin) in exchange for Danny Green (G/SF, SA, Yahoo! Rank 514, Round 8/Pick 86)

Devin Booker is healthy at the time of this trade. Danny Green is probable having recovered from a quad strain - this injury is considered pre-existing and does not lock in the trade, even if aggravated during in-game action. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 16:14 PST on Thursday, November 10, 2016 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Friday, November 11). And I won't screw it up this time I think.

Counter-offers to Ishin or myself are welcome if you think you have something better to part with! Happy Erection Day!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Gents, may I remind you that it is possible to set one's lineups far in advance. Go ahead a whole month if you need to! I personally do it on Monday and Friday mornings.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

Gents, may I remind you that it is possible to set one's lineups far in advance. Go ahead a whole month if you need to! I personally do it on Monday and Friday mornings.

Also remember if you grab someone off the waiver it will mess with your lineup and you have to reset it!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
MOOS DROO POWER RANKINGS #1: (WEEK 5)

Just to begin with apology: sorry for not doing a league post-mortem last year. I enjoy doing that and I think it's important to sort of restore fantasy b-ball's place on the forums by looking a little more in-depth into the strategies that make this game so engaging. This year, I will try to to an excellent summary at the end of the year.

In the meantime, to stimulate thought and conversation about possible trades, I plan to release an update approximately every 4 weeks with three pieces of analysis for each team: Market Ratings, Lineup Efficiency and Player Spotlights.

First, I'll explain Market Ratings (MKT). This indicator attempts to guess whether each team's players are, in general, over or under-performing. Teams designated SELL may wish to take advantage of excellent performance by initiating trades; teams designated BUY may prove to be excellent targets for trade offers to move their under-performing or injured players. If a team's performing pretty much how it should or the future is unclear to me, I'll use the HOLD designation.

Second, Lineup Efficiency (EFF) simply is a percentage that shows how often a manager remembers to set their lineups. As you can see, it's been a rough start for some of us. I truly do understand that there is more going on in the world. All I can ask is that you please try to set lineups as often as you can. If you don't think you can keep this figure over 50%, maybe consider adding a co-owner or turning the team over to another manager (HOTLANTA MAN is first in queue although I have no idea if they would be interested in taking over a team mid-season).

Finally, Player Spotlights will single out a player who is either over or under-performing. The purpose of this is to identify possible trade targets. I think the overall parity of this league will be healthier with more trades. As always sound off in the thread or Yahoo! comments!

With no further ado enjoy the first edition of Moos Droo Power Rankings.

1) Cruisin for a Boozin
(Leader - STL) 21-15-0 4th (.583)
MKT: :siren: SELL :siren:
EFF: 93%
Player Spotlight: Thabo Sefolosha (G/SF, ATL)

FA added 11/4. 15-16 Rank: 126. Current Value: 7th Round.
With 2-3 steals per game off the wire, Sefolosha's hot start has helped vault Cruisin into the upper echelons of the season so far. There will always be questions about the 32-year-old's production and susceptibility towards leg injuries, but an aging Korver has opened the door for Thabo to rack up stats; his aggressive perimeter defense keeps him on the floor for the Hawks.

2) DeMars Rover
(Leader - REB) 20-15-1 5th (.569)
MKT: weak SELL
EFF: 100%
Player Spotlight: TJ Warren (SF, PHO)

Drafted 13th Rd, 12th Pick (156th overall). 15-16 Rank: 222. Current Value: 4th-5th Round.
I will admit to being no fan of Earl Watson's rotations - it's no coincidence that I quickly traded my only PHO players shortly after the start of our season. There is room for optimism regarding Warren, who has proven a surprisingly effective source of points and steals in the early goings. Last week TJ fell out of the rotation amid illness and very poor shooting - where does he rank in the pecking order now, and is he HOLD, SELL or BUY? To me it's anyone's guess.

3) Klay-Doh
(Leader - BLK) 21-14-1 3rd (.597)
MKT: HOLD
EFF: 89%
Player Spotlight: Al-Farouq Aminu (SF/PF, POR)

FA added 10/31. 15-16 Rank: 73. Current Value: DNQ.
Aminu made it about 8 games into the season before pulling up lame with a calf injury. The length of his injury has put a strain on his owners, but this promising 26-year-old is poised for a return in the near future - has he ceded minutes in his absence to Harkless et al, or will he return to start and offer his rare combination of threes and rebounds?

4) JrueIsTheWarmestColor
16-20-0 8th (.444)
MKT: SELL
Player Spotlight: Nick Young (G/SF, LAL)

FA added 11/4. 15-16 Rank: 317. Current Value: 4th-5th Round.
Uncle Rico Swaggy has gone from punch-line to puncher's chance as a scoring spark for the resurgent Lakers. Trade rumors abounded during the off-season and never quite went away; aside from that it's anyone guess whether LAL will opt to simply commit more minutes to their youth movement. Either event would throw a wrench into Young's offensive prospects (this also applies to L. Williams/Deng).

5) DickVitalesRightEye
(Leader - PTS) 21-11-1 1st (.681)
MKT: SELL
Player Spotlight: Eric Gordon (G, HOU)

Drafted 11th Round, 1st Pick (121st Overall). 15-16 Rank: 184. Current Value: 5th Round.
The Eric Gordon story typically begins with huge per-game numbers and ends in brittle heartbreak. A new twist this season finds Gordon ceding his starting position to the returning Patrick Beverley. Early results indicate that the three-point shooting opportunities are still there, but Gordon's efficiency may plummet as he draws more defensive attention while leading the bench unit.

6) Manure Ginobili
22-12-2 2nd (.639)
Player Spotlight: Trevor Booker (PF, BKN)

FA added 10/31. 15-16 Rank: 157. Current Value: 3rd Round.
Many are the times I wrung my hands over missing this player with my final draft pick. True to form, Manure Ginobili swooped in to grab the waiver wire find of the young season. Although the steal rate has cooled recently, Booker's efficiency stats are as excellent as ever. The productive role-player is under no minutes threat in BKN, and opportunities could even increase considering the durability of Lopez and Lin's potential to re-ignite the offense.

7) McDonald's
(Leader - 3PM, AST) 17-18-1 6th (.486)
Player Spotlight: CJ Miles (G/SF, IND)

FA added 11/4. 15-16 Rank: 161. Current Value: 3rd-4th Round.
Another November means another opportunity for CJ to put up big stats - it's consistency that has prevented Miles from finishing as a top-100 player in every fantasy season so far. With another MRI in the books, Miles is as big of a question mark as any player on this list. Miles has shot the ball well as a starter but is a perennial bet to take owners on a bumpy ride (likely one that lands him on and off the wire a few times) for the rest of the year.

8) RussellMania
(Leader - FT%) 14-21-1 10th (.403)
MKT: weak BUY
EFF: 67%
Player Spotlight: Andrew Bogut (C, DAL)

Drafted 10th Round, 7th Pick (115th Overall) 15-16 Rank: 81. Current Value: DNQ.
Nothing coming out of Dallas sounds very good this season - with one of the worst records in the NBA and plenty of injury woes, Cuban has already begun to sound the alarm and we could see some moves in the near future. Bogut seems like a poor bet to earn value with a Maverick team that seems to prefer small lineups down the stretch. Keep in mind, however, that the embattled Aussie contributes big-man stats as well as any player in his range when the opportunity is there.

9) NAPIER RENEGADEangel
(Leader - FG%) 15-21-0 9th (.417)
MKT: BUY
Player Spotlight: Ricky Rubio (G, MIN)

Drafted 4th Round, 9th Pick (45th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 40. Current Value: DNQ.
I'm not sure who is the disappointment of my young season, but Rubio has to be up there. I felt that even if the Timberwolves weren't ready to take "the next step," he certainly had already done so. An injury to his shooting elbow has so far rendered him a much less effective player on both ends of the floor, but there's really nothing I can do but wait for him to improve or decide to make a move. Some of you may have received an offer or two from yours truly during recent weeks.

10) Dion & The Waiters
15-18-3 7th (.458)
Player Spotlight: Brandon Knight (G, PHO)

Drafted 8th Round, 5th Pick (89th Overall.) 15-16 Rank: 149. Current Value: DNQ.
The wheels were already in motion for Knight to be the odd man out in the PHO backcourt, but Knight has put together some stirring performances in limited opportunities. A change of scenery would certainly help, but his competition is certainly not guaranteed to stay healthy and a starting role would immediately vault this 24-year-old into an extremely relevant fantasy position.

11) Easy Blake Oven
(Leader - TOV) 14-22-0 11th (.389)
Player Spotlight: Victor Oladipo (G, OKC)

Drafted 2nd Round, 8th Pick (20th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 38. Current Value: 6th Round.
I'm naturally writing this after Home Dipo put together his best week of the short season, but nevertheless there is reason to doubt he will return his draft position as Donovan figures out how to balance the OKC attack. I've read discussion of a move to the bench, and various trades that would cut in to Victor's role in Oklahoma. The wait-and-see approach is valid here but I'm thinking sell windows may be few and far between in the months to come.

12) BGI's Ballers
12-24-0 12th (.333)
EFF: 67%
Player Spotlight: Devin Booker (G, PHO)

Traded by NAPIER RENEGADEangel for Danny Green on 11/11. 15-16 Rank: 175. Current Value: 11th Round.
There's a lot of opportunity for Devin Booker this year. For me, he seemed too risky to use in H2H, so I went in a pretty conservative direction with Danny Green. I chose three different Phoenix players for this write-up because there are so many position battles mixed with an unpredictable coach and an injury risk or two. Where there is risk, there is always opportunity and Booker probably has the highest chance of a breakout season of any player on the roster. I hope he gets traded a few more times this year - every league needs a good hot potato and I can't think of anyone better suited for it.

OH YEAH ALSO!!! 1ST TEAM TO WIN 9-0 WINS AN AVATAR

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
I really want to win that avatar, because I desperately want one of E Payton animated like E Honda shooting all over the place

but it won't be this week because I'm getting hosed over by the schedule.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Elfrid Payton (G, ORL, Yahoo! Rank 117, Round 10/Pick 117) (spooky)

to Cruisin for a Boozin (H-Tail) in exchange for Thabo Sefolosha (G/SF, ATL, Yahoo! Rank 94, undrafted)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 00:44 PST on Saturday, November 26, 2016 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Sunday, November 27). H-Tail, remember we'll have to set our Sunday lineups again probably.

Counter-offers to Cruisin or myself are welcome if you think you have something better to part with! Enjoy your post coma action!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

(danny is sitting down back there ok whatever)

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Danny Green (G/SF, SA, Yahoo! Rank 166, Round 8/Pick 86)

to BGI's Ballers (Ishin) in exchange for Marvin Williams (SF/PF, CHA, Yahoo! Rank 198, Round 9/Pick 107)

Danny Green is healthy at the time of this trade. Marvin Williams is ruled out tonight with a hyper-extended left knee - this injury is considered pre-existing and does not lock in the trade, even if aggravated during in-game action. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 16:01 PST on Sunday, December 4, 2016 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Monday, December 5).

Counter-offers to Ishin or myself are welcome if you'd like to horn in on the Tar Heel action! And yes this is the second time we traded Danny Green between us! Isn't that fun!

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Does anybody know how Yahoo does the active rankings?? The fact that Russ is 10th might be the biggest joke going.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Does anybody know how Yahoo does the active rankings?? The fact that Russ is 10th might be the biggest joke going.

Not a clue. I've often wondered myself. Some funky weighting of percentages is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Paging Metapod

• Locked thread