Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Metapod?
pod da gawd
pod a frawd
I guarantee Metapod will win a ring before the so-called "king"
View Results

• Locked thread
Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Don't really like this trade tbh... Harden for CP3 don't feel like a fleece to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Don't really like this trade tbh... Harden for CP3 don't feel like a fleece to anyone else?

Not particularly. That said, you've got about three hours to break up the trade by counter-offering Westbrook.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Lol don't trade the golden goose. Maybe it's just my visceral hatred of Chris Paul... The dude is a dick puncher many times over.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

spacejung posted:

Paging Metapod

Paging?!?!? What year is this

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

Paging?!?!? What year is this

It's this year:

Metapod posted:

redemption season where I pay attention

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:siren: BIG TRADE ALERT :siren:

McDonald's offers James Harden (G/SF, HOU, Yahoo! Rank 7, Round 1/Pick 3)

to Cruisin for a Boozin (H-Tail) in exchange for Chris Paul (G, LAC, Yahoo! Rank 4, Round 1/Pick 10)

This poo poo already happened. I only do this as a courtesy.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Pleased that CP's last game for me was his 20-20

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
MOOS DROO POWER RANKINGS #2: (WEEK 9)

In Which we all swap 4th-round picks: it's Moos Droo Power Rankings round 2.

1) Cruisin for a Boozin +0
(Leader - STL) 42-30-0 3rd (.583)
MKT: weak SELL
EFF: 93%
Player Spotlight: Wilson Chandler (G/SF, DEN)

FA added 11/7. 15-16 Rank: DNP. Current Value: 7th-8th Round.
After missing the entire previous season due to hip surgery, Wilson, as one does, reclaimed a pretty massive slice of the Denver attack (about 24% usage rate in his 30 minutes) While healthy Wilson is a dependable source of points-rebounds-assists, but it's anyone's guess whether he'll maintain this much of a role through season's end.

2) DeMars Rover +0
(Leader - FG%, REB, BLK) 42-29-1 2nd (.590)
MKT: SELL
EFF: 98%
Player Spotlight: Mason Plumlee (PF/C, POR)

Drafted 12th Rd, 1st Pick (133rd overall). 15-16 Rank: 90. Current Value: 5th-6th Round.
It's always a luxury to have stats coming from an atypical position; in Plumlee's case, it's about 4 assists per game from center that set him apart from the pack. This is not to undersell his production in typical big categories, where he's quite solid. The only downside is a positional struggle with Meyers Leonard that Plumlee is balling comfortably on top of - for now.

3) DickVitalesRightEye +2
(Leader - PTS, AST) 45-26-1 1st (.632)
MKT: :siren: SELL :siren:
EFF: 100%
Player Spotlight: Bradley Beal (G, WAS)

Drafted 6th Round, 12th Pick (72nd Overall). 15-16 Rank: 94. Current Value: 3rd Round.
Bradley Beal just put up a truly elite week of points and threes, and is playing for an up-and-down offense next to the mercurial John Wall. Between his considerable injury risk and fat new contract, many looked the other way when Beal rolled around in the draft order - Dicky V has been well-rewarded so far but Beal is really racking up the minutes and bears close observation.

4) JrueIsTheWarmestColor +0
38-34-0 5th (.528)
Player Spotlight: Taj Gibson (PF/C, CHI)

Drafted 12th Round, 6th Pick (138th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 99. Current Value: 7th Round.
A terribly hot start has led to a mid-November slump for this Bulls stalwart whose body was ground into dust over many a season under Thibs. Last year was his best-ever fantasy campaign however, and a recent adjustment to remove Mirotic from the rotation slants heavily in Gibson's favor - if the change sticks.

5) Klay-Doh -2
36-34-2 6th (.514)
MKT: weak BUY
EFF: 91%
Player Spotlight: Andrew Wiggins (G/SF, MIN)

Drafted 4th Round, 11th Pick (47th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 78. Current Value: 11th Round.
All the "upside" in the world, but it's been a rough ride for Wiggins so far in his third-year effort as he routinely shoots his team out of close games. Klay-Doh spent a very high pick expecting a key scorer, and while the points are there, they often come with little else worth wanting. Wiggins is nevertheless a tempting speculative trade target.

6) NAPIER RENEGADEangel +3
41-30-1 4th (.576)
MKT: :siren: BUY :siren:
Player Spotlight: Marvin Williams (SF/PF, CHA)

Traded by BGI's Ballers for Danny Green on 12/5. 15-16 Rank: 47. Current Value: DNQ.
I usually try not to go after guys in Williams's situation - up-and-down vets with big new contracts fresh off of a stand-out season. Marvin's shown flashes of the efficient 3-pt shooter from last season, but the 30-year-old has a lot of work to do (and threes to hit and shots to block) to return his own lofty standard of fantasy impact.

7) McDonald's +0
(Leader - FT%, 3PM) 31-38-3 9th (.451)
Player Spotlight: Ryan Anderson (PF/C, HOU)

Drafted 4th Round, 10th Pick (46th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 70. Current Value: 6th Round.
New team, new contract, same stats, same body. D'Antoni's free-running offense has been a boon for Anderson, but on nights where he's not hitting it can really backfire. Positional scarcity aside, McDonald's may wish to trade out of his panoply of three-point chuckers - Anderson will be a key player to target in that scenario.

8) Manure Ginobili -2
34-36-2 7th (.486)
Player Spotlight: Jonas Valanciunas (C, TOR)

Drafted 4th Round, 4th Pick (40th Overall) 15-16 Rank: 52. Current Value: 5th-6th Round.
So far a busted knee only cost a couple of games, but seems to have taken the shine off of the Lithuanian double-double machine in the early going. While he may have some owners shaking their heads (albeit mostly at DWane Casey), Jonas is always a threat for a monstrous game and has shown stirrings of the pre-season optimism in his most recent 4-games stretch.

9) Dion & The Waiters +1
29-40-3 11th (.424)
EFF: 87%
Player Spotlight: Enes Kanter (C, OKC)

Drafted 7th Round, 8th Pick (80th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 91. Current Value: 6th-7th Round.
Minutes are super-inconsistent for Kanter as he tries to hold off the emergent Joffrey Lauvergne and the rest of a surprisingly crowded OKC rotation. Somehow, he's been able to return acceptable lines pretty often in as little as 20 or 15 minute efforts. Without any clear signs of a trade, it remains to be seen if Kanter will find a greater role this season - which could turn him into its most important fantasy breakout.

10) RussellMania -2
(Leader - TOV) 32-38-2 8th (.458)
EFF: 54%
Player Spotlight: Goran Dragic (G, MIA)

Drafted 4th Round, 7th Pick (43rd Overall.) 15-16 Rank: 101. Current Value: 6th-7th Round.
Continuing the theme, here's another guy with a solid chance to bring home a massive second half of the season. RussellMania took Dragic early, and unfortunately has not gotten the most out of Goran, but it's still his show in Miami and as evidenced by the last two weeks a Top 40 ranking is certainly not out of reach before season's end.

11) Easy Blake Oven +0
32-39-1 10th (.451)
Player Spotlight: Reggie Jackson (G, DET)

Drafted 12th Round, 8th Pick (140th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 89. Current Value: DNQ.
Paycheck Jackson is perhaps not quite healthy yet, but with every passing game the rust falls off more and more. Before long Easy Blake will start to realize return on his late-round securing of Detroit's floor general. Although Reggie has started all month, it must be said that a buy-low window remains until the auxiliary stats come back and the minute limit ends.

12) BGI's Ballers +0
22-50-0 12th (.306)
EFF: 59%
Player Spotlight: Derrick Favors (PF/C, UTA)

Drafted 3rd Round, 11th Pick. 15-16 Rank: 29. Current Value: DNQ.
Hopefully we haven't all forgotten about one of last year's true fantasy stars. Favors is back, and BGI's Ballers is in position to capitalize when the minutes restriction is lifted. At his peak, Favors's blend of scoring, rebounds and defensive stats has the potential to raise fantasy teams to another level.

1ST TEAM TO WIN 9-0 WINS AN AVATAR

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
AND NOW: A NOTE ON CERTAIN STONERLY PROCEEDINGS WITH REGARDS TO LINEUP SETTING

This is Dell Demps.

For teams that fall below 50% on their efficiency rating during a POWER RANKINGS, Dell is our league's solution. In such a scenario, we can only assume that the owner has died, and in that case we replace him/her with Mr. Demps, who has no purpose other than to serve as the commissioner's puppet.

You don't want your team to end up run by Dell do you? He couldn't even trade Chris Paul to the Lakers properly!

Dell's GM style is as follows:
  • Dell does not make add/drop moves. He is a patient man and holds injured players, and doesn't have the authority to make signings anyway.
  • Dell will do trades (in fact those are his specialty), but the commissioner will only give him permission to approve trades that he thinks are hilariously lopsided in the favor of Dell's team. He also has a tendency to accept trades but then cancel them at the last minute.
  • Dell majored in game notes as an assistant coach, so one thing he's always good at is setting lineups. Dell will faithfully set line-ups with a click of the Start Active Players button as provided helpfully through the Yahoo! app. Dell will always do this no matter how many teams he manages.

How to avoid Dell:

• The easiest way to avoid Dell is to set daily lineups. I am very forgiving in how I measure EFF rating but if it falls below 50% at a four-week interval, I have to Dell first and ask questions later. Two owners are really close right now so I hope they turn it on (as they are not even close to eliminated given the 8 playoff spots in this league).
  • Another way to avoid Dell is to add a new co-owner. That will reset my counter and give the new administration time to save their team and set line-ups properly.
  • Finding a new owner will accomplish this as well, although I hope that's not necessary because I like having all of you in Moos Droo.
  • If the worst happens and a team is placed under Dell's management, they can be claimed at any time by a new owner or forums person. I'll reach out feelers for this if forced to but feel free to make recommendations and I'll take those references into consideration.

Please consider Dell's feelings. He is enjoying retirement with his family in Palm Beach in this alternate reality where he was rightfully fired by the Pelicans. Due to his dark past though, he will be forced to run your team and set your lineup - but only if you give him no choice.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Real good chance for Ishin to beat me this week, but the lines. They must be up.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Alright well this is the point in the season where everyone has played each other once.

This season is incredibly top-heavy, as there are a few powerhouse teams that are blowing everyone out - the scoring onslaught of Cruisin and DickVitales are menaced by the FT Punt juggernaut of DeMars. Just behind are me, the reigning champion Jrue, and a resurgent Easy Blake, ripping off wins and nipping at the heels of division leaders.

The middle of the pack, including 4 teams with exactly 45 wins, must decide whether to focus on securing their playoff spot or re-configuring to take down the big nasty rosters at the top. With some of our most dangerous managers in the mix I think we'll see a very turbulent shake-up for the next set of power rankings.

As for the bottom two spots, you're still not eliminated and, due to increased activity in recent weeks, not under the 50% threshold for lineups. I would recommend adopting a co-owner to help with the dailies. Roster-wise, 7 games back from 8 seed is nothing to be too concerned about but 14 might qualify for "time to blow it up" in my book.

Ball with pride and dignity comrades - the All-Star Break looms on the horizon.

edit: BTW send all your offers for Jeremy Lin! I'm running low on patience

spacejung fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 9, 2017

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Real sorry for how horrendous I've been this year. Getting called in to work on draft day was a killer. Promise to finish out the season with passion and look forward to next year tho.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Ishin posted:

Real sorry for how horrendous I've been this year. Getting called in to work on draft day was a killer. Promise to finish out the season with passion and look forward to next year tho.

It's all good. I love my owners and want them to succeed. Sometimes that love takes the form of threatening to replace you with a virtual simulacrum of an incompetent but well-loved GM. The two rules that matter most to me are 1) have fun and 2) do your best and I'm always happy to help support either one.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Willing to trade anyone but Giannis and Millsap

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Jrue Holiday (G, NO, Yahoo! Rank 169, Round 8/Pick 93)

to BGI's Ballers (Ishin) in exchange for Nicolas Batum (G/SF, CHA, Yahoo! Rank 50, Round 5/Pick 59)

Jrue Holiday is healthy at the time of this trade. Nicolas Batum is listed as doubtful with a hyper-extended right knee - this injury is considered pre-existing and does not lock in the trade, even if aggravated during in-game action. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 10:15 PST on Thursday, January 12, 2017 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Friday, January 13).

The bidding is open, if you have been coveting Batum all season long go ahead and send Ishin a better offer! That goes for Mr. Holiday as well of course.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Have I mentioned how much I like this new wrinkle of detailed trade updates?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
MOOS DROO POWER RANKINGS #3: (WEEK 13)

Happy MLK Day; I wish everyone a successful day of reflection. Let's look at where we stand among more trivial matters:

(Leader - AST, STL) 64-44-0 2nd (.593)
EFF: 94%
Player Spotlight: Harrison Barnes (SF/PF, DAL)

Drafted 8th Round, 3rd Pick (87th overall). 15-16 Rank: 118. Current Value: 4th-5th Round.
Barnes is among the candidates for draft pick of the year. His 2016-17 campaign has so far been a master-class in the art of silencing one's doubters. A particularly sweet fantasy cherry on top has been the vast improvement in FT%, which was approaching 90 until a recent slump (Harrison has never previously surpassed mid-70's from the line). The only concern here revolves around Dallas's lost season vs. his April opportunities.

2) DeMars Rover +0
(Leader - FG%, REB, BLK) 63-44-1 3rd (.588)
EFF: 98%
Player Spotlight: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (G, DET)

Drafted 9th Round, 12th Pick (108th overall). 15-16 Rank: 86. Current Value: 5th-6th Round.
It was a tremendously solid (and efficient!) season from KCP, who held off Stanley Johnson successfully until a recent AC joint sprain forced him to the bench. While Caldwell-Pope has improved every year as a fantasy asset, team managers would do well to affix a question mark to this hyphenate until we learn more about his timetable for return.

3) DickVitalesRightEye +0
(Leader - PTS) 68-39-1 1st (.634)
Player Spotlight: Blake Griffin (PF/C, LAC)

Drafted 3rd Round, 1st Pick (25nd Overall). 15-16 Rank: 41. Current Value: 10th-11th Round.
Late January will mark the return of many wounded fantasy players - Nance, Bogut, even Lin (dare I hope). But no other name carries the weight of Blake Griffin, and neither does any other pair of knees for that matter. DVRE has more than a strong enough roster and record to hold Blake for as long as preferred, but with 50% of the season in rear view it's at least fair to wonder whether Blake's inherent risk should be turned into someone else's reward.

4) JrueIsTheWarmestColor +0
57-51-0 5th (.528)
Player Spotlight: Tyler Johnson (G, MIA)

Drafted 13th Round, 7th Pick (151st Overall). 15-16 Rank: 175. Current Value: 5th-6th Round.
Another nice late-round find by the defending champ, Johnson has seemingly absorbed all of Miami's injuries and transformed them into more shots at higher percentages with a potpourri of defensive stats thrown in the mix. There's not much indication that Johnson can continue to play at such a high level; then again, persistent rumors of a Dragic trade bubbling in the background only strengthen Johnson's case.

5) NAPIER RENEGADEangel +1
61-46-1 4th (.569) nice
Player Spotlight: John Wall (G, WAS)

Drafted 2nd Round, 9th Pick (21st Overall). 15-16 Rank: 22. Current Value: mid-2nd Round.
Everyone knows that John Wall is a risky fantasy player. Whether he's fighting the other team's center, slinging 15-20 assists regardless of the opposing matchup, or playing with a wrist swollen to the size of a grapefruit, I'm certainly never bored and not exactly dissatisfied. That said, I've certainly built my team to prepare for the idea of being without Wall for significant amounts of time or trading him away, if necessary.

6) Dion & The Waiters +3
47-57-4 9th (.454)
EFF: 86%
Player Spotlight: Gary Harris (G/SF, DEN)

Drafted 9th Round, 8th Pick (104th overall). 15-16 Rank: 88. Current Value: DNQ.
From what I read online, Harris's value is not well-understood. Other G/F's I'd put in that category as being always over-rated or under-rated include Josh Richardson and Danny Green, maybe even throw Thabo in there as well. The injuries can be repetitive and frustrating, the stats don't jump off the page every night, but a player like Harris will deliver a consistent roto-style line that can also be extremely helpful in the head-to-head format.

7) McDonald's +0
(Leader - FT%, 3PM) 49-56-3 8th (.468)
Player Spotlight: Robert Covington (SF/PF, PHI)

Drafted 6th Round, 10th Pick (70th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 63. Current Value: 8th-9th Round.
It only takes a look back at our season's add/drop history to reveal what many would have expected - the Sixers' roster is just as much in flux as it ever was. Recently they have at least found some degree of W-L success - and Covington's improved man to man defense has been a big part of that. For a player known for his offense to provide that kind of real-life utility bodes well for the second half of the fantasy season. Covington's minutes are not completely immune to the potential impact of deadline trades, but his role is arguably as secure as anyone on the roster.

8) Manure Ginobili +0
51-54-3 6th (.486)
Player Spotlight: Carmelo Anthony (SF/PF, NYK)

Drafted 3rd Round, 9th Pick (33rd Overall) 15-16 Rank: 37. Current Value: 4th Round.
Melo's contribution so far includes four double-doubles, three ejections and zero indication that he'll waive his no-trade clause. He can produce some pretty useful numbers but I don't think there's anything that could possibly make me want to ride my hopes on the Knicks' second half of the season less. Short of Nicolas Cage with his head on fire.

9) Klay-Doh -4
47-59-2 10th (.444)
Player Spotlight: Avery Bradley (G, BOS)

Drafted 6th Round, 11th Pick (71st Overall). 15-16 Rank: 64. Current Value: 4th-5th Round.
It's a rough patch for Klay-Doh in recent weeks, and the absence of the physical Bradley has not helped matters. AB has been quite a revelation so far as he's managed to translate his always-tireless hustle into improved shooting and rebounding stats. It appears that he's about ready to return from his achilles injury, so I'd expect a few owners to try to jump into this window before it slams shut again.

10) RussellMania +0
(Leader - TOV) 45-61-2 11th (.426)
EFF: 56%
Player Spotlight: Rodney Hood (G/SF, UTA)

Drafted 8th Round, 7th Pick (91st Overall). 15-16 Rank: 95. Current Value: 13th Round.
Talk about hot, I hope a few of you caught Utah's national games last week. If you stayed up late you were undoubtedly treated to some truly en-fuego shooting by Mr. Hood, eliciting lewd praise from Doris Burke. His troubling non-contact ouchie suffered vs. ORL caused me to cringe, but it has surprisingly been ruled as just a bone bruise. This guy has the talent and appears to have the coaching/teammates trust - if healthy the framework should be there for a big second half.

11) Easy Blake Oven +0
51-66-1 7th (.477)
Player Spotlight: Wesley Matthews (G/SF, DAL)

Drafted 9th Round, 5th Pick (101st Overall). 15-16 Rank: 102. Current Value: 7th Round.
Matthews's first year in Dallas (15-16) also featured his first truly awful shooting year (around 38%) as he drew way more defensive attention than he may have bargained for. With Barnes's emergence opening up things, Matthews put together a really solid first half. This comes after rehab from an Achilles tear than many expected to ruin this ($17M) player's ability to create separation. It's anyone's guess what the latter part of the season will bring for the Mavs, but Matthews's recovery and improvement don't have the hallmarks of a fluke in my view.

12) BGI's Ballers +0
36-72-0 12th (.333)
MKT: BUY
EFF: 57%
Player Spotlight: Paul Millsap (PF/C, ATL)

Drafted 2nd Round, 2nd Pick (14th Overall). 15-16 Rank: 10. Current Value: 3rd-4th Round.
Real life trade targets sometimes echo into fantasy, and Millsap must be this year's greatest example of that. Everything that made Millsap a 1st-rounder last year is still more or less the same - the only tangible drop has been in FG%. BGI's has the opportunity to flip this guy for either a 2nd-rounder or a couple of early (3rd-4th round) assets to build around Giannis, or alternatively try to build a more complex package like 2-for-3 or even join DeMars in the realm of FT punt. Half of our season is still ahead and every owner who sets lineups still has a very real shot at glory.

spacejung fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 16, 2017

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Metapod you're a good poster and often funny as gently caress imo but if you're not here to set lineups I'm kablooming you out of here effective wk. 17 (to give 2 more peeps a chance to roll you)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
harsh but fair. college keeps my mind too busy

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I will carry his burden.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
All right no need for Dempsification, everyone welcome HOTLANTA MAN.

Metapod you will be enshrined in our hall of honor forevermore. :anime:

edit: I have waved the wand of the Commissioner one time just to set your lineups for this evening's games, HOTLANTA MAN. From now forward this sacred daily task lies in your hands.

double edit: wait gently caress did you mean to bench them I noticed it was 5 and panicked

spacejung fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 28, 2017

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

spacejung posted:

edit: I have waved the wand of the Commissioner one time just to set your lineups for this evening's games, HOTLANTA MAN. From now forward this sacred daily task lies in your hands.

double edit: wait gently caress did you mean to bench them I noticed it was 5 and panicked

Yahoo's mobile app is dogshit so I hosed up my lineup earlier anyway, so thanks for fixing it lol

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yahoo's mobile app is dogshit so I hosed up my lineup earlier anyway, so thanks for fixing it lol

OK good that's what I was originally going for. I hate the app too and one day I went to complain in person. Yahoo's UX department is headed by a blind guy and a deaf guy and although that sounds like criticism they are two of the warmest and most competent people I've ever met in Silicon Valley. I didn't get to yell at the fantasy sports dev team but I will next time.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Space do u have any interest in that Wall trade I sent?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Ishin posted:

Space do u have any interest in that Wall trade I sent?

I responded. It's pretty even but doesn't quite suit my H2H portfolio.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
No problem.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I hope everyone had a good weekend and didn't watch the super bowl.

Nicolas Batum is available for traderation

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:siren: Heads up! Week 17 is a 2-week period due to the All-Star game. It begins today on Feb. 13 and ends 14 days later on Feb. 26. In practice this is effectively about 1 day longer than a normal week due to the lengthy All-Star break. Carry on :siren:

MOOS DROO POWER RANKINGS #4: (WEEK 17)
in which I have my way with your eyes without buying them dinner first

Fresh Power Rankings Valentine's edition. A Twist on the Player Spotlights, instead I'll provide each consecutive pair of teams with a Love Match - a trade to consider consummating (in some form or another) before the upcoming trade deadline March 2.

Also somewhat obviously there is little need to track EFF rating any longer. If you can oblige me by setting lineups that's always nice though - odds are you aren't eliminated yet. Rats off to my perfect (and nearly so) lineup setters.

(Leader - AST, STL) 91-53-0 1st (.632)
MKT: HOLD
EFF: 95%

2) DickVitalesRightEye +1
(Leader - PTS) 86-57-1 2nd (.601)

Love Match: DeMarcus Cousins for Russell Westbrook

Cruisin managed to topple DVRE last week by a 7-2 margin. Sunday forced Dicky V to look on as the newly crowned #1 seed benched Cousins in a nasty little flourish securing the big win. It seems unlikely that these two would follow this upset by conspiring to a trade, but there's nothing stopping them either. Most would agree that Russell sticks out as the more valuable player, and a sure bet to solidify a stranglehold that Cruisin already boasts on the PTS/AST/STL block of counting stats. From DickVitales' perspective, a trade like this offers an opportunity to pivot back towards blocks and efficiency stats in anticipation of a potential early matchup with a Dion & The Waiters or even yours truly.

3) NAPIER RENEGADEangel +2
82-61-1 3rd (.573)

4) DeMars Rover -2
(Leader - FG%, REB, BLK) 81-62-1 4th (.566)
EFF: 96%

Love Match: Dwight Powell for CJ Miles

Full disclaimer: I have no interest in this trade (although DeMars did beat me to the punch on waivers to get Miles last Friday). I put this example here to illustrate another potential trade concept, which is in this case a playoff lottery ticket in exchange for a situationally useful player. CJ Miles can be a decisive factor in a close 3PT matchup at a time in the season where every win is crucial. On the other hand, when he goes cold or is injured, no one feels too guilty dropping him; the fact that he was undrafted and is now on his third stint on his third different team bears this out. Powell on the other hand is in borderline DNP-status until the 11th-place Mavericks resolve to shut down Nowitzki - at that point he's money. For a team as well-optimized as DeMars, a lottery hold or two wouldn't be the worst thing in the world; and for a team as fluid and reactionary as mine, there's likely to be less hesitation when making a trade in pursuit of short-term gains.

5) Dion & The Waiters +1
69-71-4 7th (.493)
EFF: 89%

6) JrueIsTheWarmestColor -2
73-71-0 6th (.507)
EFF: 99%

Love Match: Otto Porter for LeBron James

I've been waiting for a buy low window on Porter for weeks and I don't think it's coming. So when I write here that the defending champion should consider kicking out her 1st-round pick in an offer for the Wizards phenom, I certainly don't consider it lightly. LeBron offers elite scoring and (in a Chris Paul-less league) the most scarce category of all with assists; conversely he's also been shredding JITWC on a weekly basis through turnovers and at the free throw line - a chance to win either of those categories could be very big in an early round playoff matchup. Porter's numbers seem a pure opposite to LeBron at this stage of his career; in fact with his efficiency Porter is almost like owning an early-Miami season LeBron sans the assists. Dion&TW's team is unquestionably structured in a way that can more easily absorb LeBron's shortcomings while maximizing his contributions. The Cavs haven't exactly run away with the East as they may have in other years, so I think the risk of LBJ sitting out is somewhat mitigated as well.

7) McDonald's +0
(Leader - FT%, 3PT) 62-79-3 9th (.441)

8) Manure Ginobili +0
71-69-4 5th (.507)
EFF: 94%

Love Match: Chris Paul for... something

These are an interesting pair; Manure has the much better record but has been pummeled by injuries recently. McDonald's is on the outside looking in but has two categories on lock and needs to find elite production in a few more before March rolls over. I'm not sure that it's necessarily wise to trade Chris Paul when he is relatively close to a return, but painful losses have mounted up for McDonald's and I don't intend to let him off with a love tap this week either. The right move to bring in another relatively scarce category such as blocks might prove well worth the sacrifice. On Manure's roster that points squarely at Joel Embiid, but I'm not sure that Joel is the safe move if McDonald's is trying to glue together a healthy roster and stay above that 8-seed line for another month.

9) Klay-Doh +0
57-84-3 11th (.406)

10) HOTLANTA MEN +0
(Leader - TOV) 58-83-3 10th (.413)
EFF: 85%

Love Match: Kenneth Faried for Will Barton

There has been really interesting standings movement now that HOTLANTA MAN has debuted and ratted off a pair of solid weeks. Now in the 2-week matchup, Klay-Doh and the newcomer square off in a match that will prove very decisive for both of their respective playoff prospects. To commemorate this affair and welcome HM to our league, why not pop the cork on a nice intra-team trade between these newly christened rivals? Faried's center minutes are all but guaranteed to expire when Mason Plumlee gets up to speed, but he's a much more productive PF anyway and a repeat offender when it comes to end-of-season double-double stretch runs. Barton has been on an absolute tear in February (including tonight's burst vs. GSW) and seems well recovered from his latest batch of injuries. Given Mike Malone's odd predilections these two could very well yo-yo each other in and out of production on a nightly basis. Both are risky players to own no matter what.

11) BGI's Ballers +1
56-87-1 12th (.392)
MKT: BUY
EFF: 68%

12) Easy Blake Oven -1
67-76-1 8th (.469)
EFF:92%

Love Match: Paul Millsap for Trevor Ariza
:love:
I don't mean to under-rate Easy Blake week-to-week, but eking out these crazy wins doesn't help when I use head-to-head total stats to calculate this stuff. Anyway both these rosters are snake-bitten in their own way, but Easy Blake's disciplined roster setting has really proved to be the difference for him (not to diss BGI's much improved recent activity). In any case, we have one team in and one team out as things stand. Ariza has had an incredible season with powerful contributions in 3PT and AST, and Easy Blake has won each of those more often than not. But with even more pronounced strength in very low TOs and solid FT%, a shift towards FG% and REB could potentially pay playoff dividends. Millsap hasn't been delivering niche stats quite like Ariza, nor has he been as healthy, nor does he look likely to be traded, but he's still an incredibly efficient and solid producer whose lines would gel very nicely with Karl Anthony-Towns.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Injuries ruined last week for me... He got like +12 games played on me, that totally kills any chance.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Am I still going to be ranked eleventh or twelfth after I win the championship?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Injuries ruined last week for me... He got like +12 games played on me, that totally kills any chance.

Any chance of the trade?

jabro posted:

Am I still going to be ranked eleventh or twelfth after I win the championship?

I will rank you third.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
In my defence, I benched Cousins because I was on .467 fg% to DVREs .466 and I thought there was a real chance he'd get less than that and lose me a category

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Will Barton: Savior of the HOTLANTA MEN

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

H-Tail posted:

In my defence, I benched Cousins because I was on .467 fg% to DVREs .466 and I thought there was a real chance he'd get less than that and lose me a category

During my review of that matchup I was heard to release a quiet... noice

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Will Barton: Savior of the HOTLANTA MEN

That young man is hotter than a bindle full of chirping Ivica Zubacs

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
To be honest I really don't see myself coming off of my big names.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Let's have us a little minigame for All-Star Weekend:

code:
1000 PTS TOTAL

600 PTS ALL-STAR SATURDAY:

Rising Stars Challenge:
  2.5 pts for competing
  100 pts for Rising Stars MVP

Skills Challenge:
  6.25 pts for competing
  100 pts for VICTORY

Three-Point Contest:
  6.25 pts for competing
  100 pts for VICTORY

Slam Dunk Contest:
  12.5 pts for competing
  100 pts for VICTORY

400 PTS ALL-STAR SUNDAY:

2017 All-Star Game:
  ~7.143 pts (100/14) for Reserve All-Star
  10 pts for Starting All-Star
  200 pts for All-Star MVP
Highest point total wins a :siren: NEW AVATAR :siren:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Here's how we look going into Sunday. Nobody owned Jamal Murray or the dunk contest guy. Sad!

code:
139.29	DickVitalesRightEye
133.75	JrueistheWrmestColor
43.39	BGI's Ballers
37.68	Manure Ginobili
33.04	DeMars Rover
32.14	NAPIER RENEGADEangel
29.64	HOTLANTA MEN
27.50	Dion & The Waiters
26.79	McDonald's
23.39	Cruisin for a Boozin
17.14	Klay-Doh
11.25	Easy Blake Oven
So spoiler alert it's either gonna be Dicky V with the win or alternatively whoever gets All Star MVP.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Pretty salty I came back and checked espn about 5 minutes to late to jump in and put a bid on willie cauley stein.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

spacejung posted:

Here's how we look going into Sunday. Nobody owned Jamal Murray or the dunk contest guy. Sad!

code:
139.29	DickVitalesRightEye
133.75	JrueistheWrmestColor
43.39	BGI's Ballers
37.68	Manure Ginobili
33.04	DeMars Rover
32.14	NAPIER RENEGADEangel
229.64	HOTLANTA MEN
27.50	Dion & The Waiters
26.79	McDonald's
23.39	Cruisin for a Boozin
17.14	Klay-Doh
11.25	Easy Blake Oven
So spoiler alert it's either gonna be Dicky V with the win or alternatively whoever gets All Star MVP.

Congrats to HOTLANTA MEN who rendered the competition irrelevant with his 200 pt. Anthony Davis night!

HOTLANTA MAN wins a new avatar of his choosing.

Frustrated posted:

Pretty salty I came back and checked espn about 5 minutes to late to jump in and put a bid on willie cauley stein.

Indeed. Offer sent to you!

And while I'm at it...

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Nicolas Batum (G/SF, CHA, Yahoo! Rank 49, Round 5/Pick 59)

to Cruisin for a Boozin (H-Tail) in exchange for Jeff Teague (G, IND, Yahoo! Rank 26, Round 5/Pick 58)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 10:23 PST on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Thursday, February 23).

I have plenty of trade offers out for these and other players, so I will be selective in terms of which way I move forward. I'm sure that H-Tail's willingness to move Teague may arouse interest from other corners of the league as well. 2-day take back period is in effect; happy hunting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

spacejung posted:

Congrats to HOTLANTA MEN who rendered the competition irrelevant with his 200 pt. Anthony Davis night!

HOTLANTA MAN wins a new avatar of his choosing.

Kickass. Sent you a PM.

• Locked thread