Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Metapod?
pod da gawd
pod a frawd
I guarantee Metapod will win a ring before the so-called "king"
View Results

• Locked thread
Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

Indeed. Offer sent to you!

You offer hilariously bad trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Kickass. Sent you a PM.

Voila

Frustrated posted:

You offer hilariously bad trades.

Fair enough. Want to show me how it's done properly? :11tea:

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
My team is a very finely balanced ecosystem and these trades are loving IT ALL UP. Currently praying Paul George doesn't get moved.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

H-Tail posted:

My team is a very finely balanced ecosystem and these trades are loving IT ALL UP. Currently praying Paul George doesn't get moved.

I am bummed about my dude Ersan getting traded to Atlanta, but looking back on it that is his 6th team in like 20 months.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Anyone else getting a little toasty in here

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

spacejung posted:

Anyone else getting a little toasty in here

What are you going to do about Durant? I'm wondering if i should just drop him in the other league I'm in...

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

What are you going to do about Durant? I'm wondering if i should just drop him in the other league I'm in...

Our league ends 4/2 so it's a no-brainer. I would probably recommend for you to cut regardless of your settings, as painful as it will be.

In other words, offering big-for-small. I got all the hot names in waiver wire centers.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Trade deadline is Friday (so does that technically mean Thursday at midnight?).

In the meantime we have a

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Alan Williams (PF, PHX, Yahoo! Rank 326, undrafted)

to Easy Blake Oven (jabro) in exchange for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (G/SF/PF, BKN, Yahoo! Rank 180, Round 8/Pick 92)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 15:39 PST on Friday, March 3, 2017 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Saturday, March 4).

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Closing in on that trade deadline but time for one more

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

NAPIER RENEGADEangel (spacejung) offers Patrick Beverley (G, HOU, Yahoo! Rank 63, Round 11/Pick 125)

to McDonald's in exchange for Andre Iguodala (G/SF, GSW, Yahoo! Rank 85, undrafted)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 15:31 PST on Saturday, March 4, 2017 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Sunday, March 5).

Yes I do intend to complete both trades if you're wondering. Although HOTLANTA MAN could compel me to back out of this one with a suitable counter-offer.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'll trade MKG for Beverly gladly, but yahoo won't seem to let me do it

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'll trade MKG for Beverly gladly, but yahoo won't seem to let me do it

Hm. Does it say that you can't do it because player is already involved in a trade, or because the games are ongoing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Player is involved in a trade

Eh deadline passed anyway so I'll just hit the waiver wire

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 3, 2017

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Player is involved in a trade

Eh deadline passed anyway so I'll just hit the waiver wire

Oh well we will have to do some trades next year. Nice work on the wire

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I hope Cruisin for a Boozin is ready for a rematch because that 5-4 victory with my team of waiver wire rejects may have locked us into the 7th and 2nd seeds. Get ready to go home in the first round son!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
OK playoffs are on the horizon!

We have some interesting races going on.

1/2 seed:

It looks like barring a major reversal, DickVitales is in the driver's seat for 1st seed. In a lot of years this would be a good position to be in, but with all the competition for 8 seed...

3/4 seed:

Another matchup with major implications, DeMars and I both have difficult matchups. I own the tie breaker and would prefer to operate from the 3rd seed if possible (3 years in a row)...

5/6/7:

It doesn't appear that we'll see much movement here unless Jrue can reverse her fortunes vs. BGI's. I won't be blowing out D&TW so look for him at 5 seed...

8/9/10 seed (aka the race for the last playoff spot):

By far our best story of the season is the close chase for the 8th seed. Easy Blake has held the longest claim to it, but McDonald's and HOTLANTA are going for it pretty hard...

11/12 seed (aka race for last place):

I have to give it up for both of these teams for meeting the lineup requirements even as the season started to fade away. Better returns next year, go down swinging.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

spacejung posted:

11/12 seed (aka race for last place):

I have to give it up for both of these teams for meeting the lineup requirements even as the season started to fade away. Better returns next year, go down swinging.

Gonna spring for a better data plan if I'm scheduled to work on draft night again. :argh:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Congrats to the eight very strong teams who made the playoffs, prepare to shed each other's ichor!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
To the rest of the contestants. Eliminated though you might be. There are four of you and four matchups. If you can pick an upset, there might be somethin in it for ya.... first come first serve...

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

To the rest of the contestants. Eliminated though you might be. There are four of you and four matchups. If you can pick an upset, there might be somethin in it for ya.... first come first serve...

Dion is taking you out.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Dion is taking you out.

Good choice. I'd bet on me but it's sure to be a close one again.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I've had a poo poo year with injuries and disappointment but in the last two weeks I beat the #2 seed and tied the #1 seed. Bring it on.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I took a team in shambles and turned them from dead last into 3 points out of a playoff seed. Not bad I suppose

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"

Frustrated posted:

I hope Cruisin for a Boozin is ready for a rematch because that 5-4 victory with my team of waiver wire rejects may have locked us into the 7th and 2nd seeds. Get ready to go home in the first round son!

That's actually exactly what happened last year, but then it was because I was away with work and didn't realise the playoffs had started

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I took a team in shambles and turned them from dead last into 3 points out of a playoff seed. Not bad I suppose

I'd love to see what you can do w a draft and a full season!

Frustrated posted:

I've had a poo poo year with injuries and disappointment but in the last two weeks I beat the #2 seed and tied the #1 seed. Bring it on.

H-Tail posted:

That's actually exactly what happened last year, but then it was because I was away with work and didn't realise the playoffs had started
:captainpop:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Does anyone want to join a TheScore.com five-person (minimum) bracket group? I can't be the only one who believes that if the Droops put a team together they could dominate the NCAA Bracket,

e: linky http://www.thescore.com/teamtourneychallenge/news

spacejung fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 14, 2017

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Losing D-Wade bummed me but for what he gave me from a 9th round pick I can't complain honestly. Wanted to say It has been a superb season and that spacejung is truly a top notch Commish.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I am only as good as the players I bring to the field, which makes me in the end ludicrously exceptional, unimpeachable, and awe-inspiring on the scale of a solar "bust-a-nut" event visible only through welding masks at sunset. All that is another way to say: thanks for your intensity and I hope that whatever happens, if you are reading this you immediately resolve to come back next year to defend or avenge your honor as necessary.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

H-Tail posted:

Welp, congrats on your victory. The Nets benching a healthy Booker and losing Morris for the whole week to injury made me come up just short in a 5-4 loss. Good luck in the next round.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Dion is taking you out.

Congrats to jabro for praying on my downfall and finding pay dirt! Check tha DM's.

Frustrated posted:

Welp, congrats on your victory. The Nets benching a healthy Booker and losing Morris for the whole week to injury made me come up just short in a 5-4 loss. Good luck in the next round.

Hell of a matchup, it seems like each of these 1st rounders came down to a single player or move. I hate being on this side of it but in general I love the trend!

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

spacejung posted:

I am only as good as the players I bring to the field, which makes me in the end ludicrously exceptional, unimpeachable, and awe-inspiring on the scale of a solar "bust-a-nut" event visible only through welding masks at sunset. All that is another way to say: thanks for your intensity and I hope that whatever happens, if you are reading this you immediately resolve to come back next year to defend or avenge your honor as necessary.

I will be back for sure.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"

Frustrated posted:

9 assists was an incredibly fine margin. Really thought I was going to lose halfway through the week

I've been very pleased with the competitiveness this season, much better than last year. Great first round, and this is already going to be my best ever finish so any further is a bonus

H-Tail fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 22, 2017

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Not looking good for me unless my team turns into defensive monsters.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Not looking good for me unless my team turns into defensive monsters.

It's a tough one. I know which category I would try to steal back but some of your best guys only have one game this weekend.

H-Tail posted:

9 assists was an incredibly fine margin. Really thought I was going to lose halfway through the week

I've been very pleased with the competitiveness this season, much better than last year. Great first round, and this is already going to be my best ever finish so any further is a bonus

Wasn't it cool this year? I feel very good about it. And I'm ready to crown a new champ.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

H-Tail posted:

My first year in the league I lost the finals by ONE block. I'm still annoyed about it.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
MagicCube better set his lineups, I don't want no asterisk next to my championship

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I pretty much always set my lineups save the odd day I sleep in past noon and forget there are super early games. I think you're going to have to settle for your best finish being 2nd.

Edit: This early deficit is just to lure you into complacency until my big boys take the court.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 28, 2017

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
And so, the battle is joined:

Cruisin for a Boozin, potential 1st-time champ, ranked 7th in overall record, drafted from 10th position, season leader in AST and BLK, led by midseason trade target James Harden

vs.

DeMars Rover, potential 1st-time champ, ranked 10th in overall record, drafted from 12th position, season leader in FG% and REB, led by 3rd-round pick Isaiah Thomas

:anime: :anime: THE MEATBALL IS SPICY :anime: :anime:

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
I blame my loss on Wade. As a Cleveland fan this is very is for me to do.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
It's very, VERY close

• Locked thread