Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Minimalist Program posted:

I can say in complete earnest that I super duper like my wife, kids. Love'em even.... The gayest emotion.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I live the literal opposite of this and am quite happy

Good to know... Hector!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I read a study couple days ago that says basically 20-30 is the most sexual you'll ever be, 30-40 is the most stressed and tired you'll ever be, 40-50 is the most rich and unhappy you'll ever be, and then 50-70 is the most happy you'll ever be and 70-?? is idno like, the most lonely and incontinent and dead.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

just like every other aspect of real life, the study does not concern itself with those over 70

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I'm 32 and I'm probably on like, a solid 70-75/100 on the happy scale, a disappointing 35-40 on the sexual scale, 70-80 on the richness scale and 90-95 on the stressed and tired as hell scale so things are looking quite good.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Another thing tha tmakes me happy is the rad as heck hoverdog.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Another thing tha tmakes me happy is the rad as heck hoverdog.

Would you give up your family forever if it meant living another 2,000 years at a constant 80% level of happiness ? you stay young

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I can beat this guy at videogames, that's how i get happy

True happiness is knowing you didn't throw away 3/4 of your life cause you beat this guy on the internet at a video game

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

i crack a big grin after i win a fistfight in the streets

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Antidepressants, cooking, my stupid cat and my stupid boyfriend.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Decebal posted:

Would you give up your family forever if it meant living another 2,000 years at a constant 80% level of happiness ? you stay young

That's a weird question and the answer is pretty easy because yes, the only way I could be above 80% happiness would be in a situation where I knew and felt absolutely certain that every member of my immediate family is happy, safe, content and living very good lives. So really you're giving me 2000 years of knowing that everyone I care about has had completely happy, fulfilling lives and my only sacrifice would have to be not seeing them. I could do that. I remember saying that to my wife at some point: If there was such a thing as an office you could go into and sign a contract and they get to cut off both your legs and arms in exchange for your kids being absolutely 100% guaranteed the best, most happy life they could get, then I'd do it without blinking.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I also frequently say to my wife that I would cut off my wiener in exchange for a guaranteed corn dog.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Lexapro
Drinking
Endlessly browsing the internet
Dying one day

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Serotonin and dopamine are the only things I really enjoy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

still trying to be happy. i struggle with it all the time.

it's very tough, OP

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Pannus posted:

Shut the gently caress up or I'll kill myself

don't do it pannus, i've been meaning to pm you and asking you how much you'd charge me to translate a peter wessel zapffe book, please stay alive until your work here is finished

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
nature, good meals, kids, animals that arent going to poison me

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad you asked! :)

About half a year ago I discovered that undergrads and post-baccs love love looooove dudes in their 30s. I'm getting more play now than I did as a kid! Holy poo poo!!

I also like grinding raw meat and bones into delicious healthy meals for my precious little furry babies :cabot: sometimes I tell my lil furballs that I'll grind down the girlies if they don't like me no more haha but I'm just messing around

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
james carville

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

extra stout posted:

don't do it pannus, i've been meaning to pm you and asking you how much you'd charge me to translate a peter wessel zapffe book, please stay alive until your work here is finished

This joke was so obscure and clever that i've decided to keep going for at least a couple more months. :)

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
friendly animals, drugs, and the knowledge that Death Is Certain

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

Church and my family.

i bet ur a protestant. makes me wanna vom

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i cant decide whether antidepressants make me not depressed or just make me not care about being depressed

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay as a mental health mastermind I feel it's my duty to open palm slap those antidepressants out of your sad hands. Talk your way into a huge adder all prescription and just snort those motherfuckers whenever you're feeling blue

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hasbro.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

mind altering substances like alcohol and jenkem

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

I also frequently say to my wife that I would cut off my wiener in exchange for a guaranteed corn dog.

How do i get a wife

keep in mind I have no skills except drinking and posting and also, I am fat, and in addition, Gay

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Its right in the word, op. Ha-penis.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
that feeling of emerging from some ordeal being refreshed and knowing that no matter what happens the things that make you happy will always be there and you can take your life in any direction

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

:confused:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

:shrug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

It's where their hearts are. Happiness comes from the heart.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OqE1EmuwA4

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UowkIRSDHfs

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003