Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is there a stream like last year where the announcers just dunk all over both teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Derp, thanks!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh yeah that's right, injuries have some nobody starting at RG.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

blue squares posted:

Whoa. What do they do during all the commercial breaks? Keep showing the field and the announcers ramble on?

usually go to the studio and chat about poo poo. If you're on the BBC feed, you'll get Osi Umenyiora and Mike Carlson trying desperately to explain football to people that watch it 3 times a year.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
mercedes isn't a boy's name tbh

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Sometimes they have interviews with random ex-NFL players, sometimes they cut to the studio to do some analysis. There's always a decent number of people watching the NFL for the first time so they do a lot of explanation.

Cool, thanks. I wonder what its like to watch football when your baseline sport is soccer. I imagine all the downtown is a lot more noticeable

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Phobeste posted:

Marcedes?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Post your jerk dogs

Uncanny resemblance

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You know what I love? Penalties from my badly coached team

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

blue squares posted:

Cool, thanks. I wonder what its like to watch football when your baseline sport is soccer. I imagine all the downtown is a lot more noticeable

Both these teams are convinced to keep the score low so as not to confuse their hosts

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Phobeste posted:

its a car's name

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Post your jerk dogs

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue squares posted:

There is a LOT more analysis in the UK, even when the normal NFL is shown on Sky (with commercials). I found it weird when I was in the states/when I watch US streams how little actual analysis goes on. The commentator might draw all over the replay but considering how much time is spent not playing, there doesn't seem to be any attempt to explain the game in any detail.

It makes it much more similar to soccer, where you'll generally have a full hour before the game, half time, and a full hour after a game to break down the big play etc.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
He was out of bounds by the time he fumbled.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Haha that slap of the attempted stiffarm was hilarious

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
i set an alarm for this

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Oh my gosh can my dog play with your dogs those are adorable

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I don't know how Yeldon is supposed to hold on to the ball when his back is being twisted like that

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

There are so many different team jerseys there its like a UN meeting of football nations

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh my gosh can my dog play with your dogs those are adorable

PLAY DATE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So hey Colts, maybe stop this "establish the run" poo poo early this week, okay?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

That poor cornerback just had no loving chance

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue squares posted:

There are so many different team jerseys there its like a UN meeting of football nations

Worth mentioning there's a big NFL shop outside Wembley today, which is probably the easiest way to get one in the UK without spending a poo poo ton on shipping fees, so I imagine a fair number of people buy different team jerseys there.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ehud posted:

PLAY DATE

I have a mini Australian Shepherd

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Maybe we can just roll Luck out to the left every play.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

blue squares posted:

Or a game at Everbank on Military Application Free Ticket Day

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

why do they have an english guy only to do the ad reads

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

That's Allen Robinson's 17th touchdown since the beginning of last season, btw

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Ehud posted:

PLAY DATE

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have no pets :(

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

MucDonalds?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Athanatos posted:

I have a mini Australian Shepherd

hahahaha that dog owns

Mine is a toy. She weighs like 16lbs and here is a gay pic my wife took of her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts need some stickem.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Waiting to see how much I regret staying up to watch this.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Only throw to TY

Crawshayi
May 1, 2009
So as a Brit who's just tuned into this and doesn't understand Football, this is a bad game right, both of these teams aren't great?

Also just to confirm yes all the downtime between plays is weird to watch when you're used to rugby union which is just 80 minutes of grinding the opponent down.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Am I still asleep? Jags leading in the 1St quarter?? Madness.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Crawshayi posted:

So as a Brit who's just tuned into this and doesn't understand Football, this is a bad game right, both of these teams aren't great?

Also just to confirm yes all the downtime between plays is weird to watch when you're used to rugby union which is just 80 minutes of grinding the opponent down.

It gives you time to get a sandwich or go to the bathroom.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Crawshayi posted:

Ideally they should be catching the ball when it is thrown to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That was some shameful blocking by Luck. He should have taken the outside man and turned that play into a huge one

• Locked thread