Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, the Gusion Rebake Full City apparently quad-wields rifles, which I am stupidly happy about.

Confirmed by the gunpla, but I don't know what the back skirt does. Looks like it splits in two, so possibly another set of sub-arms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Confirmed by the gunpla, but I don't know what the back skirt does. Looks like it splits in two, so possibly another set of sub-arms?

Oh, I knew it had four arms, but the original Rebake didn't often use 'em all at once, so the quad-wielding is a pleasant surprise.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Personally I hope the mask guy isn't Gaelio. McGillis killing the one person he considered a true friend for the sake of his ambitions was a really good moment, and it would be lame if they backtracked on it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Next level nic cage crazy, current mcgillis is actually gaellios surgery into mcgillis withh false memories while new mask guy is mcgillis.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
different masks for different days. one masks for social occasions, another mask for piloting a robot, another mask for business meetings

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also kudelia has grown incredibly fine over the timeskip and looks great in a in a power suit/dress/johdpur thingie

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Droyer posted:

Personally I hope the mask guy isn't Gaelio. McGillis killing the one person he considered a true friend for the sake of his ambitions was a really good moment, and it would be lame if they backtracked on it.

Yeah, I liked how when his subordinate asked if the guy on Mars McGillis was talking about was an old friend, McGillis clenched his hands, then pointedly stated that he doesn't have any friends.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm entirely sure that if Gaelio did survive - and that remains a big if - it wasn't McGillis's intention. He probably just didn't angle his blade quite right and had to flee the scene before he could confirm the kill.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'd only like if masked man was galio if absolutely no indication is given through the series only to have mika blurt it out in a fight with everyone present. Sure it would be bad writing, but drat if it wouldn't be funny.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only reason why the mask is full covered is to have a voice filter so Mika doesn't instantly find out

then Mika finds out anyway because he questions why anyone would need a voice filter in combat

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I liked how when his subordinate asked if the guy on Mars McGillis was talking about was an old friend, McGillis clenched his hands, then pointedly stated that he doesn't have any friends.

i assumed they were talking about mika. you want to keep your brainwashed peer that you betrayed on a short leash

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm expecting it to be Space Hitler.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
New info - the pilot of the Hugo, that mystery antagonist machine with the twin shotels, is working for a faction called 'Hephaistos'. Some relation to Dawn Horizon? Yet another mercenary faction? Nobliss's personal pieces on the field?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

New info - the pilot of the Hugo, that mystery antagonist machine with the twin shotels, is working for a faction called 'Hephaistos'. Some relation to Dawn Horizon? Yet another mercenary faction? Nobliss's personal pieces on the field?

That's probably supposed to be Hephaestus or a corruption of it. I bet they're a weapon manufacturer.

Edit: Looks like Hephaistos is a valid alternate way of writing Hephaestus so yeah.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is the white-haired dude that found Mika napping the protagonist of the IBO manga by the way? I've not read it yet.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
nah he's got a different name and a normal human hand so i don't think they're the same person.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is that manga any good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Is that manga any good?

It is extremely blaaaaah. It's not as bad as like the 00 sidestory stuff but just thoroughly average and unremarkable.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The episode raised my flag, in the good way.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Mika always did know how to make an entrance.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That's probably supposed to be Hephaestus or a corruption of it. I bet they're a weapon manufacturer.

Edit: Looks like Hephaistos is a valid alternate way of writing Hephaestus so yeah.

We already got the info that it's a pirate suit, though it's not clear whether the pilot himself is still a pirate. It's designed for close-ranged battle in debris fields like the Shoals, with a pair of grappling claws mounted on its hips and its legs reversed so they can serve as grippers.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
They somehow managed to rescue the remains of Ein and put them in a cyborg body.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would totally be fine with increasingly ineffective Ein based super weapons.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Snooze Cruise posted:

I would totally be fine with increasingly ineffective Ein based super weapons.

they have to work with ever decreasing amounts of Ein each time. basically going to be homeopathic Ein weapons development, eventually.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

You'd honestly think the weapons would get more powerful the less Ein you involve in them.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
It's only Ein the first time they use him. Next time it's Zwei, then Drei, and so on and so forth.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Since we were chatting about the Vidar, more pictures of it have come out, and it looks like it might have a third Ahab reactor built into its rear thruster pack. :stare:

This thing is going to be ludicrously fast.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Since we were chatting about the Vidar, more pictures of it have come out, and it looks like it might have a third Ahab reactor built into its rear thruster pack. :stare:

This thing is going to be ludicrously fast.
3 Ahab Reactors just seems unnecessarily pointless and a waste of resources. At that point, you might as well start fielding MS-sized Ahab Reactors as your front line forces.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

3 Ahab Reactors just seems unnecessarily pointless and a waste of resources. At that point, you might as well start fielding MS-sized Ahab Reactors as your front line forces.

It's actually the other way around. One of Gjallarhorn's biggest advantages is that it's the only faction in the solar system with a glut of Ahab reactors and suits to put them in. However, the technology to fit multiple reactors on a single suit remains lost, which is why Gundams are so special. If the Vidar is, indeed, McGillis's suit, then it makes perfect sense for him to be testing out a modern multireactor setup on his personal ride, given his interest in kicking Gjallarhorn out of its stagnation (technological and otherwise).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

It's actually the other way around. One of Gjallarhorn's biggest advantages is that it's the only faction in the solar system with a glut of Ahab reactors and suits to put them in. However, the technology to fit multiple reactors on a single suit remains lost, which is why Gundams are so special. If the Vidar is, indeed, McGillis's suit, then it makes perfect sense for him to be testing out a modern multireactor setup on his personal ride, given his interest in kicking Gjallarhorn out of its stagnation (technological and otherwise).

And, y'know, three times...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AnoHito posted:

You'd honestly think the weapons would get more powerful the less Ein you involve in them.

Homeopathic Ein-Based Weapon Systems.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm thinking of picking up IBO, haven't watched Gundam in ages. What's good about this one?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm thinking of picking up IBO, haven't watched Gundam in ages. What's good about this one?

No Lasers. Combat is a lot grittier and yet there is also less of it, and good story... mostly... just ignore ein.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If your secret wish when 3 Gundams face against a bunch of ships was "those Gundams don't stand a loving chance," this is your show.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Compelling setting, plenty of focus on character interaction and drama, fight scenes are slightly thinner on the ground than the Gundam norm but exciting, horrifying, and superbly choreographed, mechanical designs own, soundtrack also owns.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
A distinct absence of spiky goddamn backpacks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Cutesy Childhood friend character who works as ship cook and car driver is actually one of the most stone cold badasses on the cast.

Atra is the best.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Cutesy Childhood friend character who works as ship cook and car driver is actually one of the most stone cold badasses on the cast.

Atra is the best.

Also takes a very entertaining approach to the standard shonen love-triangle shenanigans.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

It has a strong start, but then it meanders for awhile and the villains suck. I'm waiting on season 2 to finish before watching more and I feel like if you haven't seen anything Gundam in awhile your best bet would be to check out other things you missed (personally I say G-Reco, which I feel is a stronger show than IBO by every metric) while waiting to see if IBO season 2 screws the pooch or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

They go to Mars but it's not stupid this time.

• Locked thread