Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gaelio surviving would mean that Ein would be the only named character to die in the finale which would be pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ein is my favorite character, he is the Pete Campbell of this show but even more pathetic.

RIP.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Meanwhile, Akihiro feels vaguely robbed, and doesn't know why.

Mika has a close but kind of unhealthy friendship with the young, charismatic, silver-haired commander of a mercenary company that's heavy on the child soldiers. He has a busted arm, a busted eye, and a terrifying well of murderous rage that's the single biggest obstacle to his dream of a quiet life beyond his constant battles. He also owns a special, wolf-themed suit of armour equipped with arm-guns and an enormous sword that grants him tremendous strength and speed at a tremendous mental and physical cost.

Let's be honest here, Akihiro just doesn't have the Guts.

That said, McGillis has way deeper parallels to Griffith than Orga does. He even sort of cosplayed as him in his Montag disguise.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Darth Walrus posted:

Mika has a close but kind of unhealthy friendship with the young, charismatic, silver-haired commander of a mercenary company that's heavy on the child soldiers. He has a busted arm, a busted eye, and a terrifying well of murderous rage that's the single biggest obstacle to his dream of a quiet life beyond his constant battles. He also owns a special, wolf-themed suit of armour equipped with arm-guns and an enormous sword that grants him tremendous strength and speed at a tremendous mental and physical cost.

:aaaaa:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kanos posted:

My favorite part of the scene was Atra knowing exactly what was going on and immediately moving to defuse the situation, followed by the lines "Atra, was he bullying you?" "I don't GET bullied."

Mikazuki didn't even refer to Hush as a person. "What's this arm doing?"

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

That said, McGillis has way deeper parallels to Griffith than Orga does. He even sort of cosplayed as him in his Montag disguise.
Let's just hope that Mika doesn't get stuck on a boat for a decade.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mika is really, really good at depersonalizing his enemies. Like how when he was fighting with Gaelio, he calls him Gali-Gali and his immediate response to being corrected is more or less "doesn't matter, nobody will remember once you're dead".

Kid is ice cold.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

Mika is really, really good at depersonalizing his enemies. Like how when he was fighting with Gaelio, he calls him Gali-Gali and his immediate response to being corrected is more or less "doesn't matter, nobody will remember once you're dead".

Kid is ice cold.

I saw an interview a while back where Okada talked about how Mika came into being as a character. The first things she and the director established about him were

1) He and Orga were going to be at the center of the show, whatever their dynamic wound up being.
2) He was a natural ace mech pilot.

Which meant they spent a lot of time figuring out "Okay, so what is a guy whose natural talent is murdering the gently caress out of people going to be like?"

If it was "He really enjoys fights?" then he'd be pretty standard issue, so instead they wound up making, well, Mikazuki.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
for ease of future reference:

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 12, 2016

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Why does it seem that Daisuki is really bad with advertisement timing this season? They keep popping up in mid-sentence of people's dialogue and it is really annoying. I don't remember this last season.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why does it seem that Daisuki is really bad with advertisement timing this season? They keep popping up in mid-sentence of people's dialogue and it is really annoying. I don't remember this last season.
You are not alone, I noticed that as well. What's worse is that the ads somehow get around AdBlock as well.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

You are not alone, I noticed that as well. What's worse is that the ads somehow get around AdBlock as well.

Use uBlock Origin and turn on the Anti-Adblock Killer filter. AdBlockPlus sold out.

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."
Since it appears to be difficult for people to resist referencing other Gundam shows despite the rules in place, I have a question: Why do you guys keep mentioning 00 in particular? I haven't seen it. Should I?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's a question better asked in the general Gundam thread. :)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot. posted:

Since it appears to be difficult for people to resist referencing other Gundam shows despite the rules in place, I have a question: Why do you guys keep mentioning 00 in particular? I haven't seen it. Should I?

Gundam 00 was a Gundam series that had a really good first season and then a lackluster second season. This has happened with other Sunrise-produced mecha shows, like Code Geass and Gundam Build Fighters. Good first season, not-so-good second season. When IBO Season 2 was announced, people were worried that it would follow that trend.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot. posted:

Besides some similarities in how the first season finale played out (the real villain behind the scenes being the actual victor, really minor characters being offed to try to add tension, etc) it's also the source of the meme about Gundam second seasons loving everything up.

It's hard to recommend these days since its second season dropped the ball pretty hard in a way that made a once-interesting and refreshing series feel tired and bland.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gundam 00 was a Gundam series that had a really good first season and then a lackluster second season. This has happened with other Sunrise-produced mecha shows, like Code Geass and Gundam Build Fighters. Good first season, not-so-good second season. When IBO Season 2 was announced, people were worried that it would follow that trend.

I really liked 00 though both seasons. Though the movie was balls; and yeah the 2nd half the of 2nd season was a bit trite.

CG got better in the 2nd season IMO; but again that's more because it was one of the first shows I'd watched where we had a real villain-protagonist and they world was defined as ultra grey no matter what.

Really looking forward to the character development in this season. Hopefully Miss Meribit gets more screen time. I like her whole over-seer type role as an idea, but I felt in the first season her entire existence was to stand up in that one episode and go "B-but kids, killing is baaaad" and to be an implied love interest for Orga.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't see Merribit as a love interest for Orga at all. She was a responsible adult, there to remind the audience and Orga himself that Orga, while being a super tactical badass, was also just a kid in way over his head

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:allears:

Also, the man in the iron mask actually speaks in this episode, but I couldn't be bothered to go back and compare the sound of his voice to figure out whether he's Gaelio or Ein.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also, the man in the iron mask actually speaks in this episode, but I couldn't be bothered to go back and compare the sound of his voice to figure out whether he's Gaelio or Ein.

I'm pretty sure (not 100% but close enough) that it's Gaelio here's some text to make the length of the spoiler bar not give it away.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Interesting to see Mika putting his dreams of farming into reality.

Also wondering what they're going to do with Robo-Gali.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at Eugene getting all indignant about somebody towing a ship to hide it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Are those...gun-tonfas?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I don't know if I'm disappointed or excited that Gali-Gali is alive and cyborgized. I wish him good luck, maybe he'll give McGillis some trouble..

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is the masked man in the credits at least? I really cant make out the last few entries in the cast other than one saying "pilot" but I'm assuming those are just additional voices

vvv
Yeah it did to me too, just with a lot less zest for life and whole lot more anger.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 16, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It sure sounded like Gali-Gali fillertext filltertext fillertext to me.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is the masked man in the credits at least? I really cant make out the last few entries in the cast other than one saying "pilot" but I'm assuming those are just additional voices

vvv
Yeah it did to me too, just with a lot less zest for life and whole lot more anger.

There's one entry for Vidahl (or however you want to romanize ヴィダール), that has the same voice actor as GaliGali.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 16, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

While my head says Galileo my heart says Biscuit

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's super common tactic, but as I just finished Mafia 3, I couldn't help but thinking "They just need to do 200k more damage to draw out the boss."

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Yeah, I think we can say that it's Gali-Gali in the robo suit. Interesting thing is, he has a chip on his shoulder about Tekkadan too (which I don't suppose I blame him for, given how Carta ended up), so I wonder if we're going to see him burying the hatchet with Mika and co in the name of taking down Chocolate Man after he turns on Tekkadan (which he most certainly will do, if he hasn't done it already). Heck, I just want Robo-Gali and Mika to meet, and see what happens. Will there be talking at all, or just glorious, awful violence?

And speaking of glorious violence... yay, Aki, for getting a claw! :allears: Don't wory, big guy, you'll get to use it all the way soon enough. And I guess I should be thankful that Mika carving up essentially gladiatorial slaves is still really uncomfortable to watch.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's Atra you dumbasses. She's playing the long con

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm glad that McGillis teaming with Tekkadan isn't really a secret, and laughing that Akihiko is annoyed that people keep surrendering to him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm glad that McGillis teaming with Tekkadan isn't really a secret, and laughing that Akihiko is annoyed that people keep surrendering to him.

I did like that he did back off and let the guy surrender after almost squishing him, though. Akihiro is a Good Boy who Means Well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol at Eugene getting all indignant about somebody towing a ship to hide it.

And this is why he is my favorite character.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I will accept this only if there's a Vince McMahon-style dramatic reveal. This also goes for Masked Man's identity being someone else besides Biscuit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Well, at least if anyone was worried that the final episode of S1 meant they were toning down the brutality on display, this episode should put that to rest pretty conclusively.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Knowing IBO McGillis will consider betraying them; decide this is a dumb decision and end up being even more bro-y with Orga as Tekkadan becomes the new guardians for a free Mars allied to McG's Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I so far approve of where this season has been going, They can always mess things up but we got a nice amount of brutality, and PIRATEDAD.

• Locked thread