Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tae posted:

I'm telling you, it's McGillis

I hope so. So delightfully stupid a gimmick, but it makes me laugh every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
McGillis is going to bring Gjallarhorn back to its glory years, you'll see. It's gonna be great, everybody is looking forward to it, he's going to make it great again and he's going to do it quickly and bigly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:stare:

McGillis is creepy as gently caress.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zebulon posted:

Yeah. I'm going with the interpretation that he's such a sleazy gently caress he's manipulating a literal child over, you know, being a bit TOO much of A Char. Because I think even IBO really doesn't want to go with the alternative. But that's still a very good reminder that he is in fact the sort of sleazy gently caress who's probably planning to manipulate a literal child into doing something to bring about an internal civil war and/or worse. With a pretty good chance of said child dying in the course of it.

I'm not crazy in remembering that the few other times she's shown up it's been pretty clear that she's just a means of consolidating power and he's never showed any signs of doing anything but humoring her for the sake of that power consolidation and keeping the, uh, marriage intact, right?

Yeah, I don't think McGillis is a giant :pedo:, but IBO really doesn't mind makin you uncomfortable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need a King of Mars t-shirt, I think

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For all we know the AV system could be what eventually gave rise to the AIs at play here.

Not sure which one is the chicken and which the egg right now, I guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think McGillis just really wants a hug, and he just never noticed how much his childhood friends were willing to oblige him.:3:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Orga and Mika rule as kings of mars, killing all mafia and Gjallarhorn stooges everywhere.

Cause why the hell not, you know?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't like that this episode ended the exact same way the last one did.

Stuff happened, yes, but honestly it feels a little weird seeing Ride wind up in the exact same position a week later.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AtomikKrab posted:

I frankly liked it? It built up Mika and Orga some, did some fleshing out on others, and showed off the motherfucking Flauros.

Also why with 72 suits we only ended with 7 families... fighting dragonangels is not for the weak of will and faint of heart

Because it ended the exact same way the last episode did. I don't know why it bugs me as badly as it does, but that really bugs me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Mika becomes the world's newest member of nobility.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Show is gonna end with Barbatos repairing Mika's body at the cost of a mindwipe. Lives his new life on the farm, blissfully unaware of the king of mars that's keeping tabs on him.

Kudelia and Atra still won't get in his pants.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darth Walrus posted:

Two clear signs that everything is seriously going to poo poo - Atra losing her cool and jumping on the 'horrifyingly bad decisions' bandwagon, and Mikazuki actually raising his voice in a fight. Seriously, that little bit during the Hashmal battle was creepy as hell.

Yeah, Mika actually getting riled up was loving terrifying, and I didn't understand why at first. He hasn't really been like that at all for the entire show so far, so it really stood out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The end to season 1 wasn't great.

I've had no complaints so far throughout the second season.

EDIT: aside from two episodes back to back teasing Ride dying

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's hard to say the Gundams are just pretty good since we've just recently discovered there's still a lot they're holding back.

I guess what I mean is that I would have agreed with you until a few episodes ago.:v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thoughts:

1)When a Gundam wants you to hate a character, god drat do they nail it.

2)Naze becomes far more tolerable a character to me now that this episode has come and gone. The vibe I get from him, overall: as a member of space mafia he is nowhere near close to a saint, but he tries to do good things whenever possible. He gives chances to those who wouldn't otherwise get one, as someone mentioned earlier. He's always willing to help, even if it puts him out. Of course, it's not like he's completely selfless in all this: he benefits greatly from the partnerships and trust he creates with Tekkadan and the Turbines. The Turbines helped him quickly make a name for himself both in and out of Teiwaz; McMurdo rewards him for his acquisition/creation of a huge military/economic force, the Turbines increase their numbers, and Naze gets the admiration of a ton of women who are grateful to get a second chance. Tekkadan is the same, in that Teiwaz gains another huge military force while also appealing to children in similar situations to Mika/Orga before the series begins, McMurdo moves Naze up the ladder further, and he earns another form of protection in Tekkadan. Hell, that Tekkadan had pilots figuring out their own scheme to help Naze tells me a lot about how everyone feels about him. No one may have as close of a bond with Naze as Orga did, but they clearly value him or his Turbines.

Naze to me can't really be a "good guy." He's a member of space mafia, and it would not surprise me to see him responsible for a myriad of deaths and who knows what over the years. I think he'd rather look like a saint to others though. Not saying it's an act, per se, but maybe dressing up his responsibilities as "random acts of kindness" helps him cope with how lovely and brutal the job is. McMurdo, from what I can tell, likes the way Naze operates as well. A guy like Jasley probably wouldn't make it to the top of the mob unless McMurdo had no other choice.

If Naze survived the entire series I think I'd be just a little put off by it. As it is, I'm content with how everything turned out.

EDIT: Also, is it all of Turbines that are his wives, or just the Hammerhead? Both are not healthy or normal, but one is significantly more preferable than the other.:shepface:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 23, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would like for him to get the robo-Ein treatment, but just left in a glass jar not connected to anything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show just tainted my soul with that whiplash. I went from laughing and having a great time to getting mad as all hell.

gently caress. gently caress.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Creamfilled posted:

At least Mikazuki has developed enough of a conscience to ask beforehand if he should turn his former Teiwaz allies into red paste rather than just going ahead and just doing it. That's character growth right there.

I think up until the last five minutes happened, Mika was making some good, non-combat related progress.

Yeah he was a total sociopath about it, but he had clearly been thinking about the baby discussion from last episode and considering whether or not he'd be interested. He still has absolutely no grasp on what love or affection is, but I thought it was worth something that Mika was thinking about something other than robot murder, especially something he thought Atra would be happy about. Mika is a broken, broken shell of a person, but every now and then we see a glimpse of what he could be if he put himself back together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ka0 posted:

Buckle up fellas!

G-Reco was a feint; Tomino has been controlling IBO all along.:tinfoil:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Now give me Iok. I WANT HIS BLOOD!:peanut:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
McGillis having whiskers would be the biggest copout and I really don't want to see it.

Mika is the monster in the suit, McGillis is the monster in human clothing. Let's keep it that way!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Not really sure who I should be rooting for, so......uh, go get some, Atra.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All three are representative of three very bad approaches to the future. Kudelia is having a hard time keeping up because everyone else has gone hyper mode with their bad ideas.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also :lol: that McGillis is basically an alt-righter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I....I am not ready for any of the next few episodes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The episode's theme has to be "raise your flag," cause I'm sitting here worrying about who's not coming back next episode, and whether or not they're a mobile suit pilot or not. Significant others are the first to go!:tinfoil:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ethiser posted:

Who could have guessed he was a Glemy, and not a Char, this whole time

This is actually a pretty great realization. Glemy wasn't a colossal dickbag until the last ten-twenty episodes of ZZ. Similarly, McGillis wasn't really a bastard until the last four-five episodes of season 1, and this second season has just been putting that aspect of him under the microscope.

Man, he wore the mask and everything. The evil goober.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And I might be mis-remembering Glemy, because I could have sworn he was kind of a joke for the majority of the first half of ZZ.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really want Orga to survive, at the very least. Dude has earned some time off in the Caribbean or something, the stress is ridiculous.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ethiser posted:

Stay safe out there space Guts.

He lives to suffer. I imagine there ain't anyone who's going to be able to rip and tear space Guts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw it coming, and it still loving hurt.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There may not be much of a gjallarhorn left by the end of this show.

The little Tekkadan that could.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, I don't think Rustal is surviving this. Neither is McGillis, for that matter. There is always the chance that things go pretty pear shaped for everyone by the end of the series.

Those two factions who stressed neutrality are going to have a lot of ground/space to cover, and even if gjallarhorn persists their sphere of influence is going to take a pretty comical nosedive.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Baal goes Devil Gundam and eats everything.

I dunno, anything's more exciting than "bland looking gundam."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Even if McGillis dies, the death of Gjallarhorn is still gonna be a pretty big win for him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A tale of two seasons.

End of season 1, McGillis felt like a true Char successor.

End of season 2 (so far), he's been an absolute joke.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kudelia is Joe Biden because she hasn't offered any alternatives this season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jackhunter64 posted:

It would be nice if just one of Team ~Rustal-sama~ would snuff it for once.

If Iok isn't done....I swear

• Locked thread