Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

The Sandman posted:

Another little thing that grabbed me this episode: Atra noticing Mika's right arm working again while he's hooked up to Barbatos.

Also near the beginning when he was sitting around, his arm just floats around awkwardly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Most 50 episode shows are too long anyway.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im guessing McGillis will set up Tekkadan as the rulers of Mars to make them the enemy of Earth to wipe them out and solidify his power.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

I imagine if McGillis bites it at the end of the season Almiria will end up in a pretty good place as the most powerful remaining Seven Star and being raised on ideas of creating a society where people are free.

Ah, the old Geass Gambit.

KoB
May 1, 2009
My theory now is that Mars previously tried to gain independence and earth didnt like that so they sent murder machines to mars. Mars eventually overthrows Earth and installs Gyallarhorn to keep poo poo in check, except it just turns out the same as before because this is Gundam and the Earth Government is always lovely.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Adel posted:

That's interesting about the Kimaris and a good point regarding how well it was preserved, though I find it kinda suspicious that it doesn't have an AV system considering that the gundams were made to take advantage of it. Maybe it had one originally but it got gutted early on when opinions turned on that technology? I guess we'll see with the Flaurus.

On a different topic, did the show mention what McGillis originally wanted with Hashmal?

As far as we know, he didnt want it but knew it was dangerous and didnt want a bunch of dumb kids turning it on. This is Gundam, so the adults are dumb too.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Mika is just like "i dont care if I die for you" god drat it Orga just be like, "youre my only true friend, I dont want you to die"

KoB fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 20, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hes had mounted cannons on the arms before, these just seem way more integrated since the barbatos was totaled anyway.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, execution is easy, it just runs into the usual Zeoyrmer/Eva-01 problem of "why are we letting them do this again?" Which isn't plot-crippling by any means but usually means it needs their A-game writing to work.

They could easily change the story to be all the super robots are waiting at the ambush point, Iok pulls it toward that city, Mika arrives to save Ride and berserks it to death there.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was pretty sure this would end with the Tekkadan dispersing into anonymity but with Orga and Mika (at a minimum) dying to let everyone escape. But with the Atra thing I can see Mika surviving and just Orga dying to let everyone escape.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I knew a happy ending wouldn't exist for Orga but drat.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm still :allears:ing at all the people who thought McGillis was going to betray Tekkadan. I'm glad the show stuck to its guns and avoided the dumb, cliché twist.

Also, some more fantastic psychotic faces this episode.

Instead the twist was that McGillis was actually kind of straightforward and dumb.

I HAVE THE COOL GUNDAM LISTEN TO ME

uh, no? thats just a dumb tradition from hundreds of years ago.

KoB
May 1, 2009
:patriot: Muscle Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Midjack posted:

You're not editing this mistake away.

what mistake

• Locked thread