Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It is good to have IBO back. I didn't realize how much I missed it until the half way into the episode and saw Mika just pulling that gun out casually in the car. That was a good character scene too. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Tae posted:

I love little cliches they make fun of during battle. Super accurate sniper in space? Mika avoids his shot by literally just going straight because dodging makes him more likely to get hit.

My favorite part of this episode, oddly enough. It's the little things. :allears:

Orga continues to be both a very fun to watch leader while also making me what to yell at him. I'm glad we're a few episodes in and it hasn't swayed from the feel of the first season.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I love how McGillis brought his dumb mask along to wear for the drive but took it off once he was actually inside. :allears:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'd be shocked if he doesn't actually legitimately care for her to a certain degree in a familial way at the least because she was stuck with the situation as much as he was, not to mention the fact he seems to treat kids in general better than 90% of the people in this show. I won't be too surprised if he reveals she was nothing but a pawn to him in six episodes or so though.

Though I'm also still hoping he won't turn out to be the final boss, so maybe I'm just being too generous in that regard. :v:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I am just going to regurgitate what everyone else is saying in that I sure as hell did not see this coming after people kept saying Tekkadan would have a Mobile Armor. :catstare:

Nor did I expect such a downright unsettling noise from the sound of a beam firing.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
The thing I'm most curious about is how exactly the Mobile Armor creates those Pluma if left to its own devices. Hard to imagine it sitting around putting them together like gunpla.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Kanos posted:

It's kind of hosed up that they can't be bothered to get Mika a damned wheelchair.

I bet they do but Mika just lets Hush carry him cause it's faster and easier.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I don't think Naze is dooming his entire organization to death by trying to turn away Orga. It's the Hammerhead he is putting at risk and I think everyone on that ship is pretty well aware of what they're involved in. Though I doubt anything is going to happen to the ship itself since there are literally babies riding on it and that is the thickest plot armor in existence. Now if they reveal those kids aren't on board next episode, I'll take that back right away.

Then again I actually kinda like Naze while most people seem to hate him so maybe I'm just crazy

more importantly all this blatant cripple mika in the new op and ed is painful :smith:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Iok is the fastest I've ever turned from thinking someone is an annoying failure of a side villain to an irredeemable poo poo who needs to get it harder than anyone else on the playing field at the moment.

I hope Tekkadan takes in a bunch of the Turbines next episode. :smith:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I really don't think we're meant to believe he married every single member of the Turbines, I thought it was pretty obvious it's the crew of the Hammerhead he gives special treatment to.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

The worst part about Naze Turbine was this thread's discussions about him.

:yeah:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Azee's scream broke my heart. She's been so calm and collected the whole series and to hear her cry out like that :smith:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Yep, that sure is a cycle of abuse there.

We can't even be sure any more that he has no intention of actually doing anything to her. :gonk:

I would say that's the one thing we can be sure of, honestly. He has shown no physical abuse to her at all so far so I'm not sure where anyone would get that from.

It's pretty interesting how things are all set up right now, we got a pretty obvious preview of the final three Gundams that are all gonna throw down for the final showdown. It's kind of a shame, since I was in the camp of hoping McGillis would legit just end up leaving Tekkadan alone after his plot ran its course since it would make for a surprise, but now that he has a Gundam... well, they gotta fight eventually. :v:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I've always thought Almiria was the one person McGillis legitimately cared about on some level since she's 100% innocent in all of the involved nonsense, so I'm glad that scene gave confirmation on some level that him caring about making her happy and making a future for her where she won't get screwed by family politics--among other things-- was real. At least I'm reading it that way cause for how hosed up this show has been to kids, I really want to hope she at least gets what he's promising her, even if he won't be the one personally delivering her there in the end.

Also I'm kinda nervous we're gonna see someone die nearly every episode going forward.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm glad Julieta reached one of the two goal posts I wanted her to as a character. It was either gonna be get murdered hard by Mika while saying it's all for Rustal, or somehow survive and be the anti-Ein. I probably would of started to hate her if she decided to become a Julietabot since it would of ruined so much of her growth.

also Yamagi :smith:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I got a big old laugh out of how the start of the episode showed McGillis was 100% in the clear regarding Orga since nearly everyone in this thread was pinning it on him super hard.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I think at end of the day IBO is now my favorite Gundam series. I felt both incredibly satisfied with some parts of the ending as well as frustrated and unsatisfied with others, but overall I don't think I've ever flat out enjoyed a Gundam show as much. A fair portion of why might be how much I liked Mikazuki and adored the design of the Barbatos, admittedly.

As for my only real complaints it's just that Rustal basically got off scot free, even if he changed things for the better in the end. The other being Julietta's "fight" with Mika being basically nothing on her end and yet she got credit for defeating him. Which was likely part of Rustal's plan in the first place, but that's just another part of why it was frustrating to see play out. Other than that though, yeah, A+ series will probably go back and watch it all again someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The Calamity War feels more like you'd get Mecha Attack On Titan with the MA situation.

I'd watch that in a heartbeat if it was animated even half as good as Mika's fight with the one we got

• Locked thread