Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Psycho Landlord posted:

They mentioned there being more and more mobile suits, but as long as nobody suddenly develops beam weaponry I think we might actually avoid a repeat of 00 here.

Apologies for getting Gunpla in the anime thread, but I think that line may already have been crossed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Psycho Landlord posted:

Those could be railguns!

I hope those are railguns :ohdear:

The shoulder things very well could be I suppose, but those hip guns have that classic circumcised-dick beam muzzle look to 'em.

Hope I'm wrong. Cutting out beam weaponry was one of the best things that's happened to Gundam in years. I don't think they'll be able to resist, though.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The Grimgerde's rifle would have looked suspiciously beam-weaponesque without the huge drum magazine, now that you mention it. Still, I dunno, the Flauros' lower pair seem weirdly positioned for percussive firearms and also e-pacs are historically a thing. But again, if they keep beam weaponry out of the picture altogether then more power to 'em, no pun intended

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 3, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Srice posted:

Weapons that shoot lasers are hardly a Gundam-only thing!!

I must admit that any Gundam show without that "PsHOOUUuuuwww!" noise is still a bit of a tough read for me.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
uh, wow:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
This is all going to end in tears, isn't it.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
This is going to be Zeta levels of bummer, isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I hope it's never fully explained.

• Locked thread