Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

I don't envy Orga the choices he has to make here. Things being what they are, trying to tell Mika not to fight anymore would probably be crueler than having him continue to fight.

That said, I think the other characters are misunderstanding the Orga/Mika power dynamic. Orga is nominally in charge and Mika will go along with almost anything Orga says, but Mika has proven that he reserves the right to completely ignore or veto any decision that Orga makes that he doesn't agree with; that's how Mika ended up in this situation to begin with, after all.

I think the old man understands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Apparently Ride has some uh, "interesting" politics

I thought it was a play on words on his name and certain thunder god but the imagery is still unfortunate.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

'Raiden' is the Japanese word for lightning. The guy from Mortal Kombat just has a very... uhh... descriptive name.

I'm pretty sure raijin has like 5 loving names and one of them is raiden.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I for one cant wait for the characters to die in increasingly stupid ways to give me the sense that war is tragic and incomprehensible. When is Ride going to fly into an asteroid?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

At least G-reco had some fans. Who does IBO appeal to? Not the japanese and judging by the toonami thread, not the americans either.

IBO sold more dvds/bluerays than G-Reco (yeah very little difference but still) while doing way better model wise in the states :ssh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zebulon posted:

Isn't the main problem with Iok that he hasn't been beaten enough, though?

He's been beaten enough, problem is no one has left him die yet. It would be sort of cathartic that he screws up one last time and Rustal himself gives the go ahead to leave him because he's been that much of a liability.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Iok went onto a hostile planet with a small suit retinue and ended up trashing most of the enemy's best pilots, permanently crippling the most dangerous one of them, killing a whole bunch of their employees, and severely damaging two of their main income sources.

I seriously doubt that Rustal will completely let him go any time soon - he's his own pocket WMD.

I dont think anyone could try to spin Ioks action as ultimately favorable to Rustal but here we are.

I mean, its not like the show itself is telling you that Rustal lost major face and got himself into a worse political position because of him to the point that he said any more of that poo poo and he'd cut Iok loose. You know the thing that is making Iok overcorrect by getting the mob directly involved into all of this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean just thinking about the whole thing a little harder, even something like "Your actions crippled the enemy ace!" is Ioked up, because now youve given that enemy ace no reason to not be in the battlefield, because thats where he can feel the most alive.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zebulon posted:

The fact he's still alive at all seems to disprove the idea that he's been beaten enough.

He's already on notice and he decided that what he really needs is to get the mob into it. The mob who he's been indirectly leading into a civil war. Naze went from a mid ranking member of the organization to potential underboss. He's inadvertently gunning for Michelobs position which is going to spook the poo poo out of him.

A lot of the conflicts so far seem to be about people rising up in positions/rankings and those above them getting pissed off about it. Teiwaz is going through it and so is GH. Despite his machinations,McG is probably at the very bottom of the GH totem pole.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean one of the few conclusions you can make is that whoever made the mobile armors also made the gundams. Its not really far fetch given what we know, the economic powers probably hosed everything up by releasing a plague of autonomous wars and the only solution was to create the means to stop it themselves. It also makes sense that Agnika told everyone to go gently caress themselves after all they went through, because no way are they going to be in power after that so that it can happen all over again.

It would be pretty funny if the real villain was some sort of Anaheim Electronics that was like the sole provider of military equipment for all the economic blocs and they flipped the switch on the MAs systems to go into genocide knowing that the economic blocs would have to pay for new equipment to get rid of them.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 4, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The hands are way bigger, like it has claws attached, even then the cuffs part of the hands are still a bit lower than the original lupus

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone pointed out that after each remodel the Barbatos red chin part of the face armor keeps getting bigger. Like if it had a beard that kept getting bigger as time went on. Fitting for a suit named Barbatos.

Someone posted a synopsis of the live event and I dont know why anyone would produce something that makes it so loving obvious that people are going to start dying soon. Like in two episodes soon.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 9, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Adel posted:

Could be a fake out, IBO's death flags are hilariously unreliable :v:
I mean the dude literally finished hearing the voice actors finish up episode 41 and came out crying. He then asked if anyone else was going to die and whether the director picked the name of the episodes or if was the writer (Its Okada, she chooses)

e- I mean its possible that he might have seen some sort of cliff hanger and then the preview for the next episode combined with the title of the episode might have caused the impact and the name of the episode is a false flag but come on. The show already got a lot of flack for that sort of poo poo. It would be hilarious though.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 10, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Knew it was a teiwaz because of the face, shoulder and clown shoes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently Atra is going to say something stupid again this coming episode. Expect her to ask Mika if he'd like to have babbies with Kudelia

Also he's out of the system by the look of this pic, so extension cord Mika is looking very likely

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah but it wont be long till he realizes "Hummmm if cable was long enough...."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I swear to god if iok gets anyone from tekkadan or the turbines killed because of much of a loving idiot he is. He's going to be way past redemption and I hope he gets cartad but without any sympathy for being manipulated by chocoman. He gets everything he deserves

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If anything happens to the turbines you can bet your rear end that McGillis is going to say "You know who caused this, yep that idiot Iok" and next thing we are going to see is Barbatos intimately introducing a blunt object into Iok's cockpit over and over again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That was one of the two :stonk: lines of this episode. The other one being They look like hams . When Mika explains why babies look cute.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Atra, if you want to have a baby with a guy, talking about babies is not the way to go about it.

She's going to ask her old manager and she's going to tell him to get Mika drunk. Next time she brings him milk she's gonna spike it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ethiser posted:

That picture needs a force ghost Biscuit looking down on them.

Well for like half a second you can see ghost Naze so its sort of like it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If something happens with the command of Turbine and theres still a few survivors from them then I can see them joining up with Tekkadan and them taking on the protection part of the shipping company. Hopefully everything blows up in Mikelobs and Ioks face though.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 16, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I think one of those numbers isn't right! (I assume you meant 42?)

I brain farted :downs:

I mean we know enough about EP 41 to know that EP 40 wont be the one where the poo poo hits the fan. The second half of EP41 is where apparently the deaths start.

e- Or maybe the poo poo already happened in EP40 and the characters in EP41 aren't aware of it yet. And then even more poo poo happens later. What we know is that Lafter, Akihiro, Shino and Mika are in the Saisei and that by then Barbatos is fixed and probably upgraded. Maybe the hammerhead isn't just doing a straight up man fight but rather are doing hit and runs or just being evasive. Maybe they somehow escaped the dragnet? Maybe the Hammerhead already got hosed up by then? What we know is that after that things got worse.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 16, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Although they could go the way of "Oh no look at how horrible it is when your organization literally falls apart because all the weight is on one person" they can also go "drat this is what happens when people are segmented in tribal groups and dont help each other unless its convenient for them"

I'm fully expecting that if any portion of the Turbine's political infrastructure falls apart that Tekkadan will take over it. It will be a massive gently caress you to Jasley and having Orga, which is far less tactful when dealing with political things such as this will be super satisfying. Cant wait to see Orga carrying mika like a sack of potatoes and mika shooting at Jasley from that position.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think whats really deflating is that we've seen Mika at full throttle and theres really no one that can match him other than maybe mecha galio (Which is a huge wildcard because he hasn't done poo poo yet). Even if McG gets Bael, how is he going to outperform him?

Also there is another Gundam in the OP as well as Julietas rEINginlaze

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looking at the bruises he had on his back as a kid and his utmost desire for Bael, I suspect he already has AV implants and has had them all along.

That would actually own because shirtless mika vs shirtless chocolate man would be some metal gear level poo poo specially with choco mans boner for mika.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reginlaze Julia

Lupus Rex

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also something posted in reddit

Those colors are not what I expected, but it definitely fits McG.

And Rexs back attachment seems to be an extendo tail from the Hashmal

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 20, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The oversized arms, legs and the tail really does make the lupus rex look like a loving animal in gundam form

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 20, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Only when Iok loses the favor of Rustal. I doubt rustal will be happy with what the Iok faction of his Arianrhod fleet is up to, throwing around proscribed weapons like that.

Even then Julietta wasn't really mad at Iok to cause her to stab him. She's mad that she still so weak despite being on a kick rear end mecha. She looks at herself and Mika and finds out that she's still miles away and its only getting worse now that she's realized that she genuinely fears death.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

One interesting thing, though, is that Amida's 'live for yourself' message seems to have struck home a little. As soon as she stops thinking in terms of what's useful for Rustal, I suspect that Iok's days wil be severely numbered. It's also going to be interesting to see how her relationship with Gaelio is affected by this - this was basically her Dort moment, with a somewhat different outcome, and it's pretty much guaranteed he'll spot the parallels if she tells him about it.

I don't think it did at all. Its not going to be Amida's words that will affect her, if anything its up to mecha gali to try and unfuck her before she ends with whiskers. And right now, with the current characterization, there is a greater chance that she disregards him than actually take any advice from him.

e-Also about Iok. The chat on the previous episode about Iok being brutally honest is very very pertinent right now. Iok is that corruption inside GH but without any tact and completely unmasked.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 22, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Rustal didn't even do Dort. The Arianrhod Fleet had a different commander at the time, who looks, sounds, and behaves very differently to him. The implication is that he got the job after Kudelia blew the union massacres open and the other guy resigned in disgrace. He plays a little dirty, but I think the only time he's specifically gone after civilians was that bomb that injured Makanai. He's also fascinating because while he's a stern meritocrat, he also genuinely cares for his troops regardless of talent, and is actually kind of alarmed by the suicidal lengths they go to for him - see when he tried to talk down Julietta, and tried to get Gaelio to replace Iok before the kid could self-destruct even further. I don't think he even has any particular interest in maintaining Gjallarhorn's tyranny - he's just scared shitless of McGillis.

A few episodes ago people were thinking that Iok wasn't really that bad and there had to be some good to him given that his troops clearly respected him etc etc.

Rustal's reaction in the coming episode will determine how much of a shitbag he is. It'll be incredibly easy to write him as a huge fucktard thats irredeemable, just like Iok in less than 3 episodes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Speaking of naze and how horrible the recent chat has been

:kimchi:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I had a feeling that reporter guy wasnt over reacting

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jasley seemed to be in a space suit in the preview so I'm guessing he's going to be piloting a frame and is going to end in a fine paste inside the cockpit.

Really a lot of people now have it for him so the question is who's going to have the honors. Whoever doesn't deal with him gets Iok.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They mentioned that the voice actors are all doing the previews ad-lib since like two episodes ago and so far every single person that done the previews has started dying. So if the pattern continues then Jasley is next.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They've already started production or preproduction for the next gundam and I doubt its going to be another IBO. Bandai would probably have a reason to keep using IBOs inner frames for the models but a third season would be pushing it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

And with Takashi gone, there's no guarantees left.

You mean Takaki right? He's scheduled to do one of the next episode previews and given the 100% mortality rate they've had the last few weeks not even him is safe.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 30, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

there's no way that the poo poo that goes down upon mcgillis' instigation doesnt result in gjallarhorn dragging takaki from his new workplace at gunpoint in retaliation for tekkadan

i have a feeling that mcgillis does genuinely admire and look up to mikazuki, his platonic ideal of the ultimate warrior. so the betrayal will not be in regards to being top dog of mars, but a betrayal of their human goals and desire to live a safe comfortable life

mcgillis would love to see tekkadan fight forever

At the very least earth is McGillis area of command so its less likely for that to happen to him. But the economic blocks are still a thing that hasnt been resolved yet and if GH comes out limping they might decide to try and finish it off entirely to eliminate the overseers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of, anyone else notice Rustal laying down the law on Iok with just two calmly-spokem sentences? God drat. :stare:

"McGillis is investigating the weapons you took. What we need now is peace and moderation. Not your loving idiot stunts that make us look like psychopaths. "

Rustal is as big of an idiot as Iok if he thinks that Iok understood him

• Locked thread