Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lets be serious here, as long as Orga had ambitions he was going to eventually get into Jasley's face. It was the loving space mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jasley never once mentioned that he feared McG eventually taking over. His only concern was "These dudes are growing too fast and at this rate they'll knock me down as second in command of the organization" he was right, Naze was going to be the capo effectively knocking over Jasley.

The running theme this season is that people are going to do some incredibly dirty poo poo to maintain the status quo, and its not just GH doing it

e- Holy poo poo you are creating a poo poo ton of none existent context trying to paint motherfucking jasley as someone thats concerned about Teiwaz. The loving dude that had space jesus crucified, that was trying to take over the all woman group in the organization to loving exploit them, that tried to get his boss arrested to take full control of the organization.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 11, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol. Ummm yes I know that your birth or position in an organization allows you to loving trample over me, I should just mind myself and not stir too much trouble I guess *A model colonist in the IBO universe*

McG might be loving insane, but at least now you know why people follow him when he argues that people should be allowed to compete evenly regardless of their birth or position in an organization.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The idea is that if you are capable then you shouldnt loving stop. You aren't going to stop climbing a corporate ladder because someone is in a peg and its "their turn", your skills should be the primary factor for it. As a manager, its not up to you to cripple someones growth because you are afraid of them taking your spot, you should be actively promoting the growth of all of your subordinates, because even if they cant grow over you, you aren't going to be there forever. Jasley and Naze's views on Tekkadan were polar opposites, and its pretty loving easy to look at the shows TEXT to see which one they are pegging as the right one without creating a bunch of context out of thin air.

Also, you are arguing that you should just perpetuate a hosed up system just because you are already in a comfortable position within an organization. Thats how IBOs world got to the point it is. The people at the top will violently put down any of the people rebelling and the people in the middle wont really do anything about it because why shake the boat, Im ok right now.

Anyways here are the twitter previews for sundays episode.

https://imgur.com/a/oIcmr#qLuLOXh

You would assume that Bael was in McGs ship, so how did it get to Earth? Did the redshirt let him pass? Did McG switch it out to the isaribi once he knew the dude was going to betray them? Apparently the preview mentions Iok is going to ask Rustal to let him do something? That Nobliss is planning something?

And the staff roster and episode name for EP 48 was posted in the tv guide. EP is named Promise and Obari is doing mecha art. I hope they dont loving waste Obari on some talking episode.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 11, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Bael is on Mars in that shot not earth.

Oh poo poo, I misspoke, I meant mars.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rudatron posted:

Also reminding everyone that Rustal is still a piece of poo poo

I'll be incredibly down with the series if he manages to make it out unscathed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is the biggest thing. McGillis killing Carta and Gaelio was completely unneeded to his plan. And those crimes are the major things that are bringing him down.

Carta was the scion of the Issues which are the highest ranking member of GH. Getting her killed (and lets be real Carta hosed herself in this case) left a big hole in there plus allowed McGillis to get control of the outer earth regulatory fleet. Now Carta was clearly nuts for McG, you could argue that he would have benefited more trying to marry her instead of Almiria but the differences in positions probably worked against him in this case.

Gaelio had to die because if he was dead then Almiria would have been the Baduin scion, giving him full control of two houses.

Hunt11 posted:

His constant hunting down of Tekkadan made it quite clear that the guy was all talk when it came to actually reforming Gjallahorn. He had seen just how awful Gjallahorn had been face first but all he could care about getting revenge for his own ego. This season he has been better about hiding it but he is still quite willing for everything to burn as long as he can pretend to care about actually doing good whilst doing jack poo poo.
I'd give S1 Gaelio more leeway than S2 Gaelio. Back then he saw a few instances of how hosed up it was, but you could argue that it could still be reformed. Now he's seeing the absolute dregs of it and the conclusion should be that GH is so hosed up that reforming it without scrapping the entire 7 star system is futile and he's still not doing anything. Just saying Gaelio, you still haven't used those fancy Dainsleifs in your spear and this show still needs a Char says goodbye to Kycilia analogue.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 13, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xy Hapu posted:

This is why I kind of like the idea that McGillis is going to control the MAs with Bael, it would wrap the ending up pretty tidily if Tekkadan temporarily teams up with Gjallahorn to beat McGillis after he blows up a city or something with his MAs (RIP Cookie and Cracker), McGillis and Rustal die in the process, and Gjallahorn as an organization falls from grace when everyone figures out the calamity war was a false flag by Agnika so he could take over the world/somethingsomethingoverpopulation. Of course I'm hoping for a less than tidy ending, since I feel like the show's been teasing that this whole time, but it's tempting because it all fits so nicely and answers some lingering questions (like how/why did the MAs get set to kill all humans mode).

I hope not because a calamity war spinoff ova or manga would be dope and a noble organization getting corrupt over time makes more sense in that regard than a mustache twirling groups of psychopaths wanting to take over the solar sphere with systematic genocide.

Its not like popular opinion can change on a dime. History is written by the victors. Dont need to drag down possible source material. (Although GH always being asses would make them a good analogy to the federation)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Small detail in the PV in the same vain as the "Dainsleif Armed" one from a few episodes back. You can see Rustal having a convo with Iok and Nobliss Gordon at the same time here.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant believe [spoiler]Mikazuki is going to die in the second to last episode and Atra is going to die giving birth. Thats one hell of a downer ending but at least things are looking a little bit better for the next generation of iron blooded orphans [/spoilers]

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nobliss is in talks with Rustal in the preview pics so I doubt he's planning anything to do with that. He's probably trying to sell Kudelia off to get full stakes on the half metals or some poo poo like that

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

How many episodes are we looking at total? 52?

3 episodes left. So 50 total

• Locked thread