Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Really surprised all of gallyhorn got in big trouble over the s1 finale. I'd figure they just blame one branch and call it a day, not cause stability issues throughout the entire earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mcgillis also being the second mask guy would be the best on so many levels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Next level nic cage crazy, current mcgillis is actually gaellios surgery into mcgillis withh false memories while new mask guy is mcgillis.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only reason why the mask is full covered is to have a voice filter so Mika doesn't instantly find out

then Mika finds out anyway because he questions why anyone would need a voice filter in combat

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If your secret wish when 3 Gundams face against a bunch of ships was "those Gundams don't stand a loving chance," this is your show.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I didn't realize Aston was in season 1.

I'm glad at the very least, they kept their stance to not spam battles every episode and they seem to make more self-aware jokes about it.

Despite all these new characters, it really does feel like an expansion of the world that doesn't overshadow the new ones. We already seen Mika's journey, so using him as a boogeyman legend to keep in presence while not actually taking all the side development is cool.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The episode was too fast?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm telling you, it's McGillis

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought the robot hand was barbatos skeletal hand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I like that for once, a dramatic aerial drop is a bad idea to do because it will gently caress up even a Gundam. Land safely!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's super common tactic, but as I just finished Mafia 3, I couldn't help but thinking "They just need to do 200k more damage to draw out the boss."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm glad that McGillis teaming with Tekkadan isn't really a secret, and laughing that Akihiko is annoyed that people keep surrendering to him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think Mika would very much like to farm til the end of his days, it's just that being a pilot is the safest route for Tekkadan and his family in the long run.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's 3 episodes out of 26, don't be this season's Atra guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

To be fair, they don't know that human debris pilots are mostly the enemy ranks.

On the other hand, that wouldn't change a single thing on Mika's part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

In mika's defense, his kills are way too quick to elect a surrender. The dude was punching cockpits to save ammo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's that nice balance where ships are fast in space because duh it's space, but not too fast like in Igloo where ships are basically drifting like it's Fast and Furious.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Erays3r posted:

So far so good , tho we're only 3 eps in. Im hopeful this bucks the trend.

SEED Destiny didn't really poo poo the bed until episode 11, fair warning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iirc seed was the first series that was a huge hit outside of model kits because it hit an untapped market of female audience, which led to gundam 00 characters being designed by a popular female-popular artist that did loveless.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They got Code Geass as their marquee mecha show after SEED Destiny to fill the gap.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I guess I'm the only one that assumes Orga shaked on the deal just to get things moving, but already has some back-up plans in mind when it goes to poo poo? Sorta like the mafia deal before, he didn't just go in guns blazing before calling in a favor to prevent reinforcements.

Also I didn't notice until today that McGilli's rep is a major character. His face screamed generic one-time guy, like that Earth guy from Naruto.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mika's said multiple times that he trusts any decision Orga makes.

I love little cliches they make fun of during battle. Super accurate sniper in space? Mika avoids his shot by literally just going straight because dodging makes him more likely to get hit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's a pretty simple thing of Iok dying would make her boss unhappy, and there's literally no need for him to be there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also a nod to this thread from last week, Mika complaining about how hard it is to make enemies surrender.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

An interesting theory I read is that Mika shot 4 times because he was using his non-dominant hand and only had 1 eye to aim, not because of his usual "Make sure they're dead" reasoning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The guy effectively hired hitman, and tried to hire hitman again as they were in the room.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's pretty obviously gali gali, and he seemed to reminiscence when he was Ein's commander during that conversation more than anything else.

The pride line could either reference himself when he was so proud of being Ein's leader, or McGillis.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We also don't know how much human is left in Gaelio. It could be a great part of his calmness is because he is machine enough to not put out strong emotions to do short-sighted things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really hope McGillis doesn't know Gaelio is still alive, and Gaelio actually manages to gently caress up his plans. Things have been all according to keikaku too long for McGillis, I want his downfall to come from something he never saw coming

I think you rather want a Monster ending than Gali Gali taking his revenge, then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They're at least not doing the SEED Destiny/Code Geass/ Gundam 00 thing of getting the gang back together and doesn't seem like they were suddenly forced to add battles for no reason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mika just wants to cultivate his farm, we already seen his endgame if things end peacefully.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats going to be a bit hard for him given that one of his arms and eyes don't work unless he is in a mobile suit. I also have a feeling his body will get worse as the series goes on.

The twins mention that Mika's been trying to plant new stuff in the martian soil. He's not just been fighting the past 6 months.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god, just kill him already. Orga would've died with this much foreshadowing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Goddamn, only 7 episodes in and we already equaled the brutal murders of season 1 it seems like.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mika probably understands the bigger picture that the beard guy hosed then harder and dealt with the traitor. He's not dumb, just undereducated.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I kinda doubt Rustal and Galan were related. It's probably just two bearded guys that look alike, and there's really no point in making them brothers when the show's been consistent in milking that relationship as a major sub-plot before.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ibo is the first time that solid weapons and giant claws make sense, because beam or even heat powered weaponry doesn't exist.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Aerial fights also non existent.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm really not sure if it was a metaphor or the helmet really is a piece of Ein that galy is wearing on his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Teiwaz and nobliss are still huge factions untouched and there's still way over half a season to go.

• Locked thread