Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
IBO is dark, but you're seriously asking a franchise that had Ideon and fafnir if they can handle dark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If we're being a little more kind, gally wanted to know why he was killed and when he found out why, mika came in shortly after that. It is not too big of a stretch why mcgillis wasn't killed immediately.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think you're missing the obvious thing, which is that he's giving the surgery to all his loyal troops. He will defeat the federation with his cyber newtypes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's been a while since the main gundam is just a big beatstick instead of the be-all end-all solution to all the problems. Especially compared to literal solution, Gundam Quantum.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Going into possibly the final battle and still using giant gently caress-off lances and drills.

love it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ironic Iok death #64: During Iok's final moments, he is betrayed by his soldiers after being sick of being thrown in for blind loyalty. He shouts out "Help!" and in the background radio chatter, he only hears "Did you hear something?"

"No. We didn't."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I laughed when Iok rushed to be in front of Rustal

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I guess if Rustal has a billion of those illegal weapons around, the theory that McGillis randomly has mobile armors probably wouldn't change the tide too much.

I'm actually surprised McGillis's side had that many ships left after they said "We lost half our forces!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nah, there's plenty of Gallyhorn if the panning shot of Rustal's fleet mean anything. And keep in mind, at least two factions back on Earth are holding back their forces.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, that's just the goddamn O Riser

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thr accuracy of the railguns is more scary than anything else. They're hitting mobile suits in space with good percentage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also, some people are just gary coleman

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think you guys realize even real world tyrants and masterminds also are geniuses with really stupid end-goals if it involves "Take over X area."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's just nice to have people on the other side that you like that haven't joined the protag's team at this point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

I actually got a little annoyed at the Rustal Faction character scenes in this ep.

While it's uplifting that Julieta decided that she wasn't going to give up her humanity for power, Gaelio coming in and smiling and nodding like he's going "good choice, Julie" while he rides around in a machine with a psuedo-AV system made out of the brain matter of his dead friend because he needed its power to fulfill his personal vendetta is hypocritical as hell.

Gaelio is basically a walking "do as I say, not as I do" at this point.

You're assuming he doesn't know he's being a hypocrite, despite the big speech he made to McGillis like 5 minutes before about how he knows using Ein-borg is bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, I follow a channel that has everyone refer to each other by their first names except for two people who go by their last names because it's more unique. It's not really that odd as you think.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Booourns posted:

How often is the first prototype Gundam really just a barebones proof of concept like this hah

The RX-0 from 00?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nah, jasley was pissed at tekkadan at the beginning of the season. He really hates the mars kids getting attention from daddy mafia. And he had a grudge against naze regardless. That probably had way more to do than mcgiilis.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Not now, but jasley had the scheme to frame anyone with illegal weapons in his pocket and he wanted to be king of the mafia eventually, the only thing mcgillis did was accerelate the timeline.

Jasley loving over the group was an eventual event.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's just because of the spanish guitar.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No one actually says a death count is what makes a show good or bad. Othetwise victory would be the greatest show in history.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The emma death is still the worst because of how she died. Although Jerid's death being Kamille going "Huh? Who was that? Oh well" is pretty good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

edit: wrong thread

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iok is Patrick from 00 when the main characters aren't bland and mysterious like Setsuna and Allelujah.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, do you think generals in armies actually do all the strategic mapping and maintenance on arms? A leader is more about keeping a group together and being functional, while making the executive decision that everyone has to follow or else it's just chaos.

NBA coaches don't do all the X and 0's and teach the young players how to play. That's what assistants do. They just make it all work together that goes beyond the nitty gritty.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We're not in Gundam-directly-stabbed-cockpit-explodes-no-wait-I turned off the nuclear reactor I'm fine-territory yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean the only thing I know about Mari Okada is Tora Dora so maybe she should just stick to light novel adaptations next time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gundams aren't that great in this universe outside of specific small skirmish encounters. It is not like the 00 riser or strike freedom that can literally take out battalions of ships with no sweat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Am I the only one that doesn't remotely see it as antagonistic? Rustal is if anything a realist and having his subordinates away from being idealistic in the clouds is how you really prevent future mcgillis.

Keeping his actual image and keeping it real makes julieta trust him more than anything

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Season 2 was probably given more leeway because they had nothing in the pipeline, unlike Season 2 of 00 and Geas R2 when they already had a set year of shows.

I mean, they had to throw in a half-baked Unicorn series just to fill space for the timeslot between the breaks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They definitely emphasized the vast difference between all-the-money gallyhorn with AV technology and ghetto-garbage on what Tekkadan was using, since no one on their side used it in Teiwaz.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So this solidifies to never hire Okada again for any project

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, Carta doesn't count?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I forgot they killed her tbh

How do you forget Mika brutally murdering soldiers while they were busy posing for great leader carta

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think it was one of the more creepy deaths because she's just calling out for mcgillis and Gally is just sitting there and having to pretend to be him so she can die in peace.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm still half expecting a weird 26th episode because Sunrise has done this before, and I am extremely annoyed right now because my only other show put a MONTH delay between the penultimate and final episode for no real reason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't think of more than 6 show/ova/movies it's better than and I'm trying really hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Being blonde was never a requirement though?

• Locked thread