Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pretty good first episode for the season. I'm curious to see what part Kudelia will play this season. Maybe breaking Mars away from the space yakuza mafia and the rest of the Earth nations.

I'm glad to see Mika took his final upgrade of last season of learning how swords work and applied it to better swing around blunt objects.

Also if the final episode doesn't end with either Raise Your Flag or that orphans song playing, which one depends on the tone of the ending, this show will be a failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If the trend continues Mika is going to end up a blind quadriplegic who can only feel things when physically attached to a war machine.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gaelio surviving would mean that Ein would be the only named character to die in the finale which would be pretty funny.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Everyone in the Earth branch feels like they are marked to get wiped out midseason for the dramatic turn.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In my heart of hearts that is a modern take on the Big Zam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Chad was one of the slave soldiers so I thought maybe his crazy last name was him creating his own. That made it sort of endearing to me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Teiwaz being the final boss is the most fitting thing becomes it fits the the Gundam tradition of everything from Jupiter being terrible.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I imagine if McGillis bites it at the end of the season Almiria will end up in a pretty good place as the most powerful remaining Seven Star and being raised on ideas of creating a society where people are free.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This is a really cool direction to take the show.

It is going to be real good when one of the Tekkadan kills the mobile armor and it becomes the Eight Stars.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I doubt the armor is a new invention. It was probably designed around the same time as the Calamity War to fight mobile armors. Also I like to imagine it would bring a tear to Dozle's eye to see mobile armors finally truly get their due.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I want the series to end with Mika piloting the Barbatos while it is dressed in overalls and wearing a giant straw hat.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was hoping Hush and Mika would be in a Master Blaster situation.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Man Naze you are such a creep. "I don't think of them just as wives but as daughters too." Is not a line you ever need to say.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That picture needs a force ghost Biscuit looking down on them.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That was a good episode.

I can't wait to see how all the naive revolutionaries deal with their enemies not just giving up now that they have Bael. Also Iok is going to get away with everything he has done scot free.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm predicting a timeskip at the end with an older Kudelia and Gaelio's sister announcing major reformations with some sort of message about how change takes time and enacting it through violence doesn't solve anything.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

IBO is probably gonna be a tough fit for SRW. It has a lot of the writing quirks that tend to be hard to work in well. Mika crippling himself to kill a mobile armor is the sort of plot beat that rarely works well in SRW unfortunately.

You beat the mobile armor, its HP refills, Mika kills it in a cutscene fight, and then you can't use him for two or three stages. That even fits the show since multiple people fight the mobile armor it is just Mika who finally takes it down.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Who could have guessed he was a Glemy, and not a Char, this whole time

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Stay safe out there space Guts.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Barbatos was also just a barebones generic Gundam when the series started and I haven't seen anything showing it having some sort of gimmick during the Calamity War.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In some way, shape, or form I hope it was Iok who set it up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So McGillis is going to come out ahead in the end right? He's been pretty chill about his life's ambition falling apart around him and the words the guy in charge of Mars had about you never know how things are going to end up seem like some heavy foreshadowing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm really interested to see what this show ends on. I'm assuming we get an ending monologue from Atra or Kudelia but I have no idea what the final message will be at this point.

If we do have some out of nowhere season 3 I hope it stars Julieta coming to terms with the fact that her side sucks. If Mika survives this battle I imagine it will be her letting him leave because she sympathizes with him.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

RIP Muscle Unit

Never in my life did I expect to see the penultimate scene of a Gundam show be a corporate fat cat being assassinated on a toilet.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if the remaining Seven Stars wished they had backed McGillis once Rustal started his reforms.

• Locked thread