Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

It's really hard to imagine Galieo getting killed by Mika. They've kind of gotten over their heat and Gaelio has too much plot in other realms. If he goes out it's probably taking out or crippling McGillis or just straight-up getting overwhelmed by multiple foes or something.

That said for good or ill we're sort of... lacking in meaningful 'antagonists' for the McGillis/Tekkadan side. They've got Julia and Gaelio and that is about it, while their side is going to be fielding 4 top-of-the-line A-V piloted Gundams in addition to their array of fairly high end regular suits. Short of Tekkadan getting utterly buzzsawed by Gaelio they feel like they're pretty much ahead and above in the ace race. Sheer numbers could overcome them but yeah.

Airinhod is the most experienced of the Gjallerhorn fleets. It's Regulars are probably going to be tougher then the mercenaries and pirates in crap suits they have mainly been fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have a feeling both Rustal and Iok will presumably stay in their Command Ships during this battle.

Also Rustal's flagship is huge looking at it again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tae posted:

I guess if Rustal has a billion of those illegal weapons around, the theory that McGillis randomly has mobile armors probably wouldn't change the tide too much.

I'm actually surprised McGillis's side had that many ships left after they said "We lost half our forces!"

I think it's around 70% now. The they have lost half remark was before the Deinslaifs were brought in if I recall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Rustal is also not targeting a chunk of McGillis's forces cause he knows they will give up if the rebels fall.

Also I think Tekkadan might just run this time around. They are losing really hard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lestaki posted:

Yeah I also appreciated their crazy suicide plan with a single point of failure actually failed for once. It was pretty significant that Julietta somehow clutched it out for her team after a season of self-doubt and that Mika failed to stop her. Her arc about having the humility to accept your limits was pretty fun, and it shows in this battle, where she fights Mika purely to buy time. Next episode she will die, but that's war for you.

I have a feeling Julietta will survive the series. Even if she were to die I don't think it will be next episode. We have like 5 or so left as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Rustal at least is using them better (He is shooting at enemy ships rather then fleeing and surrendering civilians) and his usage is technically legal.

Said enemy is also a powerful rebellion. Honestly using the Deinslaifs here is the best move he could make. This is big enough situation that warrants using them rather then some pirates or mercenaries or fleeing civilians. Plus using them will save the lives of his forces in the long run as utterly decimating the enemy with them, this means less of the enemy his attacking his forces. Plus Rustal made several comments this episode that he partially expected McGillis to surrender and that he would be willing to accept it.

I am thinking that Tekkadan may actually retreat or surrender next episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AtomikKrab posted:

Mcgillis really expected the other seven stars forces, probably would have gotten them without gaileo there to gently caress him over (rustal ain't dumb.) With those he would have had equal numbers to rustals fleet plus tekkadan, since he was holding his own with half and tekkadan (and maybe slowly winning) he would have curbstomped through rustal.

Actually Rustal was decisively winning before he brought out the Deinslaifs. They were pretty much there to make it so that they would win effortlessly.

But yeah if he had gotten the rest of the Seven Stars forces they would have out numbered Rustal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have been checking around and lots of people are quite mad that Tekkadan is losing and want this fight to be more even.

I am just kind of laughing at them for thinking this would go a different way. When it was clear that Tekkadan was making really bad calls. Like rushing the process and taking risks like allying with McGillis in his coup.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hunt11 posted:

I think both Gaelio and McGilles are trapped in the realms of story. McGilles is obvious but Gaelio is so determined to see everything as black and white that he fails to understand why somebody who has nothing would want to break the status quo.

He stated he did understand him. As he already knew someone of the same type. But McGillis words and the dreams he inspires are lies, and he never would have given him what he wanted.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I just realized that Zack is a viewer stand in.

As Hush and Dane pointed out as well the stakes are a lot lower for him. He has an education, a home a place to go back to were he can get a job. Hell he was stated to be better then Yukinojo in some fields of mechanics. Zack can easily find a good life outside of Tekkadan unlike them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hell Gaelio was not super personally devoted to revenge despite wanting to be. Both Julietta and McGillis commented on this.

He did not even reveal McGillis crimes or attempt to attack him because he wanted to believe McGillis had good intentions. After his coup and theft of Bael, he determined he did not and fully went against him and revealed his crimes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually it was the repeated failure and bloodlust against children that he thought unjustly murdered his NotDad that drove him insane. The whole insanity thing led to him agreeing to be all brain jacked up.

Not correct. He sacrificed himself to save Gaelio. And then McGillis got Gaelio's permission to use cybernetics to save his life. (McGillis hiding that he was going to be used in battle.) He was then turned into a giant robot for battle and being turned into a robot seemed to have had adverse effects on his sanity. As he became more and more unstable as he ran around as the Graze Ein.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also I can't help but laugh at this comment an another forum someone made about Jullieta's survival.

quote:

Why make that whore survive? Is she some kind of important character? The bitch who doesn;t have any goal in her life besides blindly serving for her master.

Can someone kill those morons already!!!

Like let me just alter a few words on that.

quote:

Why make that SoB survive? Is he some kind of important character? The bastard who doesn;t have any goal in his life besides blindly serving for his master.

Can someone kill those morons already!!!

It's kind of amazing how some people can't see how easily the same comment could be thrown at Mika.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kuroyama posted:

I don't think you could say that Tekkadan has truly "hit it big". Edmonton was a massive victory, yes, but the situation overall does not allow them to settle down yet. The "King of Mars" path is the only one that has truly been presented to them, of course they are going to clamp on to it.

Being a Teiwaz subdivision with several profitable ventures like the farms and the mines was earning them tons of money. They just gave those up to help McGillis.

As Mika said they have money it's the status they don't really have a ton of.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phobophilia posted:

Orga could play it smart and use Edmonton to grab a bunch of really nice contracts and use that to solidify his and Naze's position within Teiwaz but he decided to go straight to the top and try and gently caress the princess.

Hell if it was not for their alliance with McGillis their earth branch never would have been messed up. Everything was going well there for a while.

Though they really should have managed it better. Maybe send Eugene to run the place instead of having the Chain of Command go Chad > Takaki. (Takaki's main job was being a courier and taking charge of the younger kids he was largely a non combatant. They really should have have sent someone better for command between him and Chad.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Earth Division got hosed by their Teiwaz rep being a traitor. Eugene would've fallen for the same trick, because the orders seemingly came from Orga.

I don't think Eugene would have been quite as gullible. Added on Eugene would have been in charge in the first place. (Plus they were only involved due to the fact they were allied to McGillis.)

The biggest issue is that Chad was taken out and Takaki was not suited for leadership. They really should have had someone else there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In other news we got more info on Bael including what it can do.

It does not really do anything. It has nothing other then the swords and a pair of canons on its wings. Every other Gundam in this show is way better then it. It is purely a symbol. McGillis had no plan what so ever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyra_Solune posted:

and the swords aren't even that special, they're the exact same ones he had when he was running around pretending to be Char

It appears he was actually pretending to be Agnika as he uses those swords.

Some people still think McGillis has stuff up his sleeves. But honestly I think they are just buying into his silver tongue and charisma like everyone else was on the show for a while.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Guy Goodbody posted:

It had been so stripped down it didn't even have shoulder armor. If it actually had some built-in weapons, they would've been lost or sold by CGS years before the show started. The two Gundams that we can assume were totally unfucked with since the Calamity War, the Flauros and the Bael, both have built-in weapons.

Bael was even stated to have not be altered what so ever. Which is probably why it does not really have anything.

Heavily customizing it would probably be seen as disgracing Agnika as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

Did everyone forget the Bael can fly in atmosphere unassisted? It's the only Gundam Frame we've seen able to sustain a hover.
While atmosphere flying is cool. It's kind of worthless in space as all of them can fly around.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 10, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tae posted:

Not now, but jasley had the scheme to frame anyone with illegal weapons in his pocket and he wanted to be king of the mafia eventually, the only thing mcgillis did was accerelate the timeline.

Jasley loving over the group was an eventual event.

That was Iok's plan not Jasleys.

Jasley would have eventually acted against them probbably. But he would not have been successful at all if not for Ioks help. Who was helping him because of his grudge.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

paragon1 posted:

We're just going to ignore the space pirate invasion launched by their rivals doing something, then?

Which they beat. They could have left it alone afterwords Gjallerhorn was planning on dealing with them as well. Tekkaden got involved and allied with McGillis to take them down in order to boost their rep.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The idea is that if you are capable then you shouldnt loving stop. You aren't going to stop climbing a corporate ladder because someone is in a peg and its "their turn", your skills should be the primary factor for it. As a manager, its not up to you to cripple someones growth because you are afraid of them taking your spot, you should be actively promoting the growth of all of your subordinates, because even if they cant grow over you, you aren't going to be there forever. Jasley and Naze's views on Tekkadan were polar opposites, and its pretty loving easy to look at the shows TEXT to see which one they are pegging as the right one without creating a bunch of context out of thin air.

Also, you are arguing that you should just perpetuate a hosed up system just because you are already in a comfortable position within an organization. Thats how IBOs world got to the point it is. The people at the top will violently put down any of the people rebelling and the people in the middle wont really do anything about it because why shake the boat, Im ok right now.

Anyways here are the twitter previews for sundays episode.

https://imgur.com/a/oIcmr#qLuLOXh

You would assume that Bael was in McGs ship, so how did it get to Earth? Did the redshirt let him pass? Did McG switch it out to the isaribi once he knew the dude was going to betray them? Apparently the preview mentions Iok is going to ask Rustal to let him do something? That Nobliss is planning something?

And the staff roster and episode name for EP 48 was posted in the tv guide. EP is named Promise and Obari is doing mecha art. I hope they dont loving waste Obari on some talking episode.

Naze himself felt Tekkadan should stop being so aggressive. He told it to Orga. That he seemed to have no clue were he was going and was just in a rush to get there.

Bael is on Mars in that shot not earth.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 11, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyway they have a good plan now. And seen to be ditching McGillis.

Glad despite what we thought Orga was not doubling down.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argas posted:

I like that the public (at least within Gjallarhorn, probably) revelation that McGillis was just Iznario's personal favorite boy to abuse is met with Gjallarhorn considering him no longer the successor of the Fareed family and thus a FAKE GJALLARHORN.

Iznario apparently did care for McGillis in a son like way. Wanting their relationship to be more casual. The bruises were from him being too rough. Not that it really makes their relationship any better. It's a horrible that Iznario pretty much had McGillis as a boy toy and pretty much worse that he thought he had a good thing going with McGillis and that McGillis did not hate him.

As for the news the fake Gjallerhorn thing. The guy attempted a coup so yes they would be much less forgiving to him. Also McGillis probably should have tried to deal with Iznario in some way. He knocked Iznario down from his pedestal and the guy now had nothing to lose from revealing his true relationship with the man who brought him down.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Midjack posted:

Besides outing himself as a kid fucker, but that may be okay for the aristocracy of the world.

Well yeah but already he lost all of his status and power already. So he has nothing to lose from revealing that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argas posted:

Gaelio being alive was the big thing that forced him to accelerate his plans and Bael was what his plans relied on given that he had no more time to climb the ranks.

Ironically this was not actually a problem. Gaelio did not plan to act against him until he felt that McGillis really did have bad intentions. Had he waited Gaelio would not have acted against him for a while. After all if Gaelio really wanted to just bring McGillis down from the start he could have just revealed his survival right after he was nearly killed ruining all of McGillis plans. Instead he waited years before acting to try and understand McGillis' intentions better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lestaki posted:

Iznario is a huge piece of poo poo but I did laugh at him looking smug in his exile mansion. Basically McGillis needs to get better at following through when he betrays people, a few more corpses and he would have won easily.

Here is the biggest thing. McGillis killing Carta and Gaelio was completely unneeded to his plan. And those crimes are the major things that are bringing him down.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be fair to Gaelio we don't know his long term goals. He likely does have some stuff he plans to do after McGillis is finished.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hell Rustal was only against him early on because he knew from Gaelio about McGillis' crimes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argas posted:

Sure but I doubt he'd let that stop him.

Rustal had no interest in opposing Iznario who was more or less the head of the organization. (Though he did not have any issue with his exile.) The only reason he was so against McGillis at the start was because of Gaelio revealing his crimes to him. They probbably would have come to conflict eventually. But Rustal and Iok knowing the truth is why they opposed him from the start.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 13, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zebulon posted:

I'd place bets on using the Isarugi or whatever their remaining ship is named as a shield protecting the re-entry shuttle, if that's going to happen.

They already lost their other ship.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also it was totally McGillis who did that and set it up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nobliss did not know about them and had no way to make that attack unless he did. McGillis who allowed them to escape in the first place would know their location. After escaping he likely told Nobliss. Likely McGillis saw Orga as holding them back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

paragon1 posted:

Told Nobliss how? McGillis had no way of contacting Gordon. "All communication lines have been cut" was covered multiple times in the episode. It's currently a main driver of the plot. Far more likely that Gordon had Admoss company offices watched just in case.

McGillis got out of the base and into the position were he could make phone calls.

I rewatched the episode with the ending in mind and looking at what McGillis was saying and doing makes me sure that he was responsible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also, there's zero reason to think McGillis did this.

No there is a ton of reason to think he was involved.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

So, just to be clear here:

You think McGillis, the guy who literally believes that power defines you, who depended on Tekkadan and who basically worships Mika, who Orga went to and said "I'm out and I'm taking my guys with me", who went to Mika and had conversations about how Mika should do what he wanted and who got the response "I do what Orga tells me", who tried to poach Mika for his organization, the guy who also was literally the only person outside of Tekkadan themselves who knew Orga was leaving...

That guy had absolutely no interaction at all with the sudden out-of-left-field assassination of Orga and it's ridiculous to think so?

Lets also not forget him saying that Orga leaving helps his objectives as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lemon-Lime posted:

The idea that he somehow did it because he said a couple of enigmatic things and might have potentially maybe had the time to make a phone call while rushing out to fight, completely ignoring the fact that the shooting was done by goons who looked suspiciously like Nobliss Gordon's men and that Nobliss Gordon has set himself against Tekkadan is pretty loving stupid.

Nobliss had no way of knowing about Orga's location. Lots of use don't think Nobliss is uninvolved. I think McGillis told Nobliss the location.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

Nobliss Gordon is explicitly working with Gjallarhorn. Why would Nobliss send gangland assassins to anonymously shoot Orga and no one else from Tekkadan present rather than call up Rustal and go "yo dude Orga Itsuka is completely undefended right now, free win" to curry an ENORMOUS amount of favor from the most powerful man in the solar system right now?

Plus his job is to control the media he has no real reason to shoot Orga, rather then simply call Rustal. Not that Nobliss should know as he should have no clue about any of them leaving the compound. I think his goons did preform the Hit. But it was at McGillis's urging.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Doesn't the Mars Branch consist of a station, Mobile Suits, and maybe a few ships though? They're not exactly a major outpost, they're the boonies station no-one wants to be stuck assigned to.

I think it has 40 mobile suits and 10 halfbeaks (Corrected). It's part of why Orga was not keen on a rematch with airanhod as they had more then twice that number for the first battle and managed to do pretty much diddly squat against them. Combined with the fact that most of their stuff was damaged and Tekkadan had lost half its mobile suits and pilots.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

jackhunter64 posted:

This is barrelling towards a really disappointing ending unless there's a big old pile of Arianrod corpses at the end of next week. I know the setting of the show is an absolutely unjust world, but no-one on that side deserves any of their victories.

Well they kind of deserve it in that they utterly outplayed their enemies.

• Locked thread