Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I also liked the fact his first response on hearing an explosion was to draw a pistol he was carrying.

The pistol he brought with him to pick up friends from a school.

It's interesting to see just how venerated Tekkadan is getting. All Cookie and Cracker's schoolmates viewed "Dying for Mars in battle!" as The Coolest Thing Ever, while they... don't.
It's probably safe to assume that Cookie and Cracker know the full story of how Biscuit died, while the rest of their classmates only know the broad strokes/watered-down version that comes off more heroic. Hell, the rest of world now thinks it's cool to use child soldiers for combat operations simply because Tekkadan did it first. I would not be surprised if a few of Cookie and Cracker's classmates want to join Tekkadan just because people their age work at the company.

As others were saying, I hope they do go somewhere with both of these points. It would be nice to see Tekkadan having to face the ripple effects of their actions and deal with them head-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Since we were chatting about the Vidar, more pictures of it have come out, and it looks like it might have a third Ahab reactor built into its rear thruster pack. :stare:

This thing is going to be ludicrously fast.
3 Ahab Reactors just seems unnecessarily pointless and a waste of resources. At that point, you might as well start fielding MS-sized Ahab Reactors as your front line forces.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Droyer posted:

There's no reason to believe this to be true. He's in charge of her old fleet, so he uses the same kind of robot she did.
Yeah, unless McGillis outright says (either out loud or inwardly) "Oh, by the way, this was Carta's old ride.", I'm just chalking up the custom Graze Ritter as a case of "You are now in charge of the Oribital Fleet. Here's a custom MS to go along with the office." for now.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Mika has a close but kind of unhealthy friendship with the young, charismatic, silver-haired commander of a mercenary company that's heavy on the child soldiers. He has a busted arm, a busted eye, and a terrifying well of murderous rage that's the single biggest obstacle to his dream of a quiet life beyond his constant battles. He also owns a special, wolf-themed suit of armour equipped with arm-guns and an enormous sword that grants him tremendous strength and speed at a tremendous mental and physical cost.

Let's be honest here, Akihiro just doesn't have the Guts.

That said, McGillis has way deeper parallels to Griffith than Orga does. He even sort of cosplayed as him in his Montag disguise.
Let's just hope that Mika doesn't get stuck on a boat for a decade.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why does it seem that Daisuki is really bad with advertisement timing this season? They keep popping up in mid-sentence of people's dialogue and it is really annoying. I don't remember this last season.
You are not alone, I noticed that as well. What's worse is that the ads somehow get around AdBlock as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I will accept this only if there's a Vince McMahon-style dramatic reveal. This also goes for Masked Man's identity being someone else besides Biscuit.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

It's that nice balance where ships are fast in space because duh it's space, but not too fast like in Igloo where ships are basically drifting like it's Fast and Furious.
Hopefully, things in IBO don't get too insane to the point where we start having to resist the urge to insert Initial D music to underscore the crazy ship drifting.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Admittedly, this is the same joke I'd use if I was in Amano Jaku's place.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh dang, the Vidar has both toe and heel-knives.

Gaelio may be less of a Char than McGillis, but he sure does understand the importance of keeping up his kicking game.
Now I'm imagining Gaelio busting out some deadly versions of capoeira moves when Vidar finally appears in-show.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Someone please link that pixiv account with the iron blooded episodic comics, I lost it and it was funny
https://twitter.com/kyabosean
Have the artist's Twitter account (also contains link to their Pixv account, too).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ka0 posted:

I like the Flauros but that color scheme has to go.
Look, don't judge Shino for having odd tastes in personal color schemes.

At least it's not Miguel Aiman/Heine Westenfluss and their eye-searing bright orange color schemes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Green Intern posted:

As soon as they develop bluetooth technology, Mika's golden.
I look forward to Mika's upgrade being called "Gundam Barbatos Lupus NetGear".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

In addition to its other uncomfortable similarities with the Graze Ein, it looks like the Rex will have one hell of an arsenal - in addition to the claws, the tail, and the extra-large mace, it has pile bunker heels, 200mm autocannons in its wrists, and an extra set of folding sub-arms with an unknown purpose in its forearms. Preview images here and here.
That is a "literally gently caress your everything" kind of mace right there. :stare:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Buckle up fellas!

As long as Iok isn't the catalyst, I'd be down for a Victory Gundam ending.

Actually, scratch that, give Iok the Chronicle Asher Special and I'll be set for life.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also they should totally do an Akihiro Beargguy. The line's silly enough as-is, there's no reason they couldn't.
Why stop at just Akihiro? Do a full sub-line based on Gundam characters, like a Mikazuki one or even a Garrod one. Or even ones based on creative staff members like Okada, Sawano or Tomino!

...actually wait, Tomino Beargguy might be the final straw that makes him snap and go full-on berserk. Scratch that idea.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Iok's final moments have been leaked:

From here.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Meanwhile, in another timeline...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

He lives to suffer. I imagine there ain't anyone who's going to be able to rip and tear space Guts.
All I ask is that, if Akihiro survives the climax, his final fate is not being stuck on a boat trip for nearly ten years.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, the ending was a mixed bag for me. Add me to the crowd who felt the wrap up of Mars' situation was a little too cozy, but hey at least there's a happy ending there overall. On the other hand, rest in piss Iok Kujan. Sadly, he did not overtake Chronicle Asher as the most hilariously embarrassing Gundam death, but is a solid runner-up in my book. Glad that Akihiro got some revenge at least. As for Ride, I am satisfied that some people who lived didn't get happy endings, but I do feel bad that one of the more positive members got the less happy ending. Overall, like others have been saying, IBO stuck the landing very well, considering other series in the past have messed up on that part in various ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Will there be a series set in the Calamity war? I wanna see some robot dragons getting hosed the hell up in glorious battles.
Outside of either a manga or a novel, I doubt we'll get one.

But I'd be down for a prequel story told from the point of view of Barbatos and be all about reminiscing about its past loverspilots.

• Locked thread