Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't wait for McGillis to wear something stupid and love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would totally be fine with increasingly ineffective Ein based super weapons.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, my guess is Ein, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Oh God I both love and hate this with all my heart.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ein is my favorite character, he is the Pete Campbell of this show but even more pathetic.

RIP.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol at Eugene getting all indignant about somebody towing a ship to hide it.

And this is why he is my favorite character.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is slowly becoming a reality tv show to determine Mika's top rival.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why is everyone keep talking about the final boss of the show and ignoring the obvious choice of Ein again?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh no, Mika's former hatred of swords was foreshadowing him meeting his greatest nemesis, a sword made out of beams.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
McGillis just seems like a dork when it comes to murder machines from the past. He was just excited to see the thing so much he forgot about the order. Hell he is even like "yo Mika isnt that poo poo cool?"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Build Fighters is also Gundam Hell, because everytime we see Jerid there he gets clown on like.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You know, I have been generally happy about Gaelio still being alive but now I had the realization that I am going have to watch him die again.

Man, I really wonder about the end game of this show. I mean the mobile armor stuff has to come into play again right?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like how they are setting up McGillis' belief in symbols and power to backfire. Yeah, he finally has Bael, but he is so obsessive with Mika's power he has missed that Mika has really started to symbolize a dragon and Gaelio is starting to look more and more like the "true knight" of the equation.

Like I am not really sure who is coming to come out top here, but the narrative is about to be taken out of McGillis' hands especially when the Maiden of Revolution comes into play.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope there is a fight between Gaelio and McGillis' Gaelio replacement to determine once and for all who is the best best friend.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would honestly rather see Rustal get the "pathetic" death more than Iok at this point. Seeing Rustal fall apart would just be way more satisfying for me, I rather have Iok living out there knowing that somewhere that idiot is still being a huge idiot :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm very happy my dream of McGillis' boyfriends fighting each other happened last episode.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Mika surviving as a broken weapon that can no longer be used fits the show thematically, so yeah I think there is a good chance he survives.

Darth Walrus posted:

And if they want a 'ray of hope' ending, they'll have him move away from the death-wish that's been plaguing him all season and let him start to find some meaning for himself as something other than a killing machine. A bunch of other Tekkadan folks are so going to die, though. My money's on Eugene for one of the more spectacular ones.

Eugene is going to die doing something that was almost really cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ImpAtom posted:

Well, someone has to survive to tell the story.

Yeah, I can't wait for that last shot where Granddad Iok is telling his kids how he was the lone survivor of the Massacre on Mars.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Logicblade posted:

Was I the only one yelling "just kiss him already" at the end there?

These iron blooded boyfriends never kiss when they should and its pissing me off.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am writing a fan fiction where Rustal is the one who dies and Iok democratizes Gjallarhorn.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would rank this show Good instead of OK because of three things
1. McGillis
2. Gaelio
3. Carta's army of McGillis look-a-likes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It must suck to be a Char clone, you have this whole distinct personality, life goals and dreams, but you just happen to have blonde hair and occasionally wear a mask and everyone just looks skin deep. They never get to know the real me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The formula of someone wearing a mask and being blonde, yeah you can totally do a lot with that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tae posted:

Being blonde was never a requirement though?

They don't even wear masks sometimes. That is why its kinda silly.

e: basically I agree with Wark Say. Like Char Clones are of course visual references to Char, but that visual reference is usually just used as a quick way to inform you of the sorta role this character may have in the story, it doesn't necessary mean its a commentary on that character type every single time. People wearing masks are just cool.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
to the thread, it seems the iron blooded boyfriend all along was Barbatos all along

• Locked thread