Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Not sure if I want Purple McMasky in the credits to be Gaelio or not. Am curious to see what McGillis has planned for the next phase of his "gently caress the system" agenda.

Wonder where they're going to go with Mika losing bits of himself in Barbatos. And if he and Orga will finally find something they can't agree on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
It's only Ein the first time they use him. Next time it's Zwei, then Drei, and so on and so forth.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So, a thought occurred to me about Masky McGlowface, and how he could be Gali-Gali without McGillis retroactively looking stupid for not confirming the kill: Gali-Gali got Eined and now he's a brain in a robot body. McGillis just underestimated how long sheer hate would let Gaelio cling to life after taking a giant sword to the torso.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Mordja posted:

"It was too big to be called a sword. Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it was a heap of raw iron."

Meanwhile, Akihiro feels vaguely robbed, and doesn't know why.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Darth Walrus posted:

Mika has a close but kind of unhealthy friendship with the young, charismatic, silver-haired commander of a mercenary company that's heavy on the child soldiers. He has a busted arm, a busted eye, and a terrifying well of murderous rage that's the single biggest obstacle to his dream of a quiet life beyond his constant battles. He also owns a special, wolf-themed suit of armour equipped with arm-guns and an enormous sword that grants him tremendous strength and speed at a tremendous mental and physical cost.

Let's be honest here, Akihiro just doesn't have the Guts.

:aaaaa:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Interesting to see Mika putting his dreams of farming into reality.

Also wondering what they're going to do with Robo-Gali.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Another little thing that grabbed me this episode: Atra noticing Mika's right arm working again while he's hooked up to Barbatos.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I think I like Space Hitler better than Space Benedict Arnold right now.

Also, I figured Robo-Gali was thinking about Carta when he was talking to Julieta, but yeah he's also talking about Ein and himself.

Orga made it explicit that he doesn't do too much long-term thinking.

And I had a reaction a lot like Orga's when I realized why Mika doesn't like peeling fruit.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I'm guessing that Galan was Rustal's brother, given the similarities in appearance and Rustal's little eulogy at the end there.

Wonder if that will ever come up at some point?

paragon1 posted:

Hahaha Radice they wouldn't let you live after what you did; even if you handed over the keys to Fort Knox. You dumb motherfucker.
It was almost fun watching him hold on to that last spark of hope so it could be snuffed out when Takaki took aim. You know, in spite of the implications of the nicest member of Tekkadan cold-bloodedly executing someone.

Also, I bet Pompadour was being called to grab a steam vac and clean the carpet in that office.

quote:

Eugene's got a real solid leadership/confidence thing going these days. I dig it.
With Biscuit gone, somebody had to step up and become the voice of reason.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 15, 2016

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Shino just saw a red Gyarados once and thought it was the most awesome thing ever. Really, can you blame him?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Argas posted:

It also really reflects badly on Rustal to let a dumbass like Iok flit around without restraint. Carta actually disobeyed orders and was manipulated by McGillis into situations where she'd just gently caress up more. Ordinarily the chain of command as well as her own sense of professionalism should've kept her from making some of the errors she's made, but she hosed up there.

Iok seemingly has none of that. Rustal happily gives him command of a portion of the Arianrhod fleet. He deploys in combat alongside vastly superior pilots and learns not a single thing in any encounters. If Carta actually fought anyone other than Tekkadan we'd have an even better comparison because Iok seemingly can't even deal with mobile suits piloted by rebelling workers.

Iok is the head of one of the other families of the Seven Stars. Rustal pretty much has to give him enough rope to hang himself with if he wants to reign him in; otherwise, there'd be issues with one of the families ordering another one around.

Assuming Iok survives this fuckup, expect him to wish he hadn't between Rustal's response and McGillis probably being savvy enough to have audiovisual evidence that he was the one that woke up a Mobile Armor despite warnings not to.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Psycho Landlord posted:

The worst part about Naze Turbine was this thread's discussions about him.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Then he and Fellini meet. It results in a more dapper version of the Major Armstrong/Sig Curtis flex-off in FMA.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I want Biscuit to be ludicrously talented Gunpla Battler,.

Nah.

He's the guy who runs a stable of Gunpla Battlers. Or, well, the one who makes sure they have spare parts and paints, arranges the schedules, tries to reinstall in some of the bossman's crazier ideas for promotions, etc.

While Mika is like the mom from Angelic Layer. Only, you know, male. And not a parent.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Just watched the episode.

Mari Okada is a loving monster. :argh:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Anyway, things I noticed: I think that's the first time Orga's been alone at that viewport when he was contemplating something.

I would not be at all surprised if Mika doesn't know how babies are made.

The whole scene with him stuck on the floor and the baby crawling up to say hi with him using his only working limb to administer headpats just reinforces the gap between what he wants from the future and what he's likely to have.

Also, Orga would not take it well at all if he knew (or figures out) that his show of restraint and maturity at the funeral was explicitly what got Lafter killed. It'll get worse if more Turbines die when Mika likely blows up Saisei next week. Either way, when Teiwaz dies Orga will probably have to bring the surviving Turbines under Tekkadan's umbrella, which is just going to add more stress to what he has to deal with.

The character whose position I'm wondering about now is Nobliss Gordon. We haven't heard from the fat man in quite a while, and it seems like he should be relevant again pretty soon.

Now, question is, who does Iok go after next, Takaki or Biscuit's sisters?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Rustal is as big of an idiot as Iok if he thinks that Iok understood him

He doesn't, he just hopes that it takes Iok long enough to spin up the hamster wheels that by the time that's done he at least can't gently caress up the current situation any farther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
The question now is how they tie this into the plot of whatever SRW game IBO ends up in. Hopefully the same one as the new Full Metal Panic, they would work well together.

• Locked thread