Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I got worried when it started saying how all got better, but those worries quickly disappeared when that was followed by "OTOH, Tekkadan proved child soldiers are loving sick so those got pretty popular".

The series making it very clear the ideological differences between old and new Tekkadan was pretty good too, I can imagine that will be a source of internal conflict. And Mika's appearance at the end was so drat cool, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

bondster posted:

DId we always know that Chad's full name was Chad Chadon? Because that is another Gundam-as-gently caress name.

He mentioned his name during an episode preview, and yes, it's very Gundam. He also complained that the audience had no idea who he was.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, I don't remember the name getting revealed before and I'm pretty sure him looking surprised when Makanai called him by his full name was him being surprised he'd just been given a last name, like a real person instead of human débris.

That's a pretty cute headcanon, but...

Blaze Dragon posted:

He mentioned his name during an episode preview, and yes, it's very Gundam. He also complained that the audience had no idea who he was.

He's been Chad Chadan since S1.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Counterpoint: the Mobile Armor reacting to Ahab Reactors is not something unknown, McGillis knew it - we can assume that it is known to the higher strata of Gyallarhorn, or at the very least to the Seven Stars. There is no reason for Iok not to know this beyond being an absolute idiot, which is exactly what the series constantly paints him as.

He acted without basic knowledge, close to a super weapon he didn't know how it could react, without any sort of precautions. Despite the knowledge he needed being something that McGillis knew and that I strongly suspect Gaevidar and Rustal should know as well.

I smell foul play but not from McGillis (I mean, definitely from McGillis, but not only from him this time). Someone kept this knowledge away from Iok for some reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Psycho Landlord posted:

So you've got someone who can move a robot with their minds in conjunction with physical controls. What's more, all of the sensor data that robot is receiving is going directly into that pilot's brain.

Who is going to be more effective in this situation - an MMA fighter and expert marksman who understands how radar and Newtonian physics work and is familiar with the mechanics of the robot in question, or some untrained teenager they pulled off a street, did some surgery on, and shoved in the cockpit because it was cheaper?

Knowing Gundam, the latter :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rewatching the opening (several times...) I can't help but notice two things.

1) This song is drat good and I can't wait for the full version
2) During the Tekkadan backs moment, several characters are shown in flashes. Iok, Rustal, Gaelio, that other Teiwaz boss...and Naze. Is it trying to say something here?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Adel posted:

What are the chances of seeing Bael vs Epyon in a SRW game?

Pretty high, IBO would work really well with Wing and SRW has shown that it likes having the child soldiers meet each other, seeing the amount of games with Heero, Setsuna and Sousuke in them.

Although it'd probably be less Bael vs Epyon and more a team-up of Chars. I can't imagine McGillis using that for Tekkadan's sake.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AradoBalanga posted:

Meanwhile, in another timeline...

I'd play the hell out of that game. It'd be an improvement over the original, Mika wouldn't cry when he gets kidnapped. He'd just beat the kidnapper to death and come back, maybe with one less functional limb or two, but he wouldn't cry about it! Apart from blood, he does cry blood quite a bit.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's also important to remember that every Seven Stars family has a Gundam, even if we haven't seen them ready for combat. I don't doubt Rustal will bring forth the Elion and Kujan family Gundams if neccesary, to tip the scales to some extent. I doubt the Kimaris Vidar is his trump card here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, even if Iok's still in his custom Reginlaze, he seems to have some sort of reality-warping field that spells disaster for anyone he's up against on his side, so that's three major threats on the Arianrhod side. :v:

Iok is far more of a threat to his side than the enemy's. How many of his own allies have ended up dead because Iok is an idiot?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zedd posted:

Two questions that recently sprung to my mind, probably stuff I missed because I didn't pay enough attention.

How old are Ogra/Mika/Atra and :byodood: KUDELIIA AINA BERNSTEIN :byodood: right now? I can't find any info on their ages (both pre and post timeskip)
Mika has barely been outside of Barbatos recently, and pretty much perma plugged in, is his leg damage still around after the Hashmal incident?

Their ages were never given, so it's hard to say. Seeing how they're orphans, it's very likely Orga, Mika and Atra have no idea how old they are or when they were born. In contrast, we know Kudelia was born on April 8 but we never got a year, nonetheless, she's most likely aware of it. The rest of Tekkadan might not even know what a birthday is.

Mika still has all the damage he's taken from both times he used the Alaya-Vignana at its full power. Half of his body is effectively useless without being connected to Barbatos right now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The main thing about Orga is that he has changed his mind about things. He's become more cautious, he doesn't want to jump straight into unwinnable situations anymore and hope for Mika to fix everything. He's downright scared of what's going on, he wants to be out of it, he feels guilty for making so many of his own people die.

But he can't have what he wants, because the rest of Tekkadan has not gone through that change. Eugene is far more cool-headed and far better of a leader than he was in S1, but he's basically entirely stuck in his sunk costs: they have dead people, so they can't go back, else their deaths lose meaning. Shino is not a smart person and is fully aware of it, so he's just going straight in for Orga's "king of Mars" wish, even forcing Orga into his own dream just so he can follow it. Mika is always there to tell Orga to get more and more bloodthirsty and how he'll be his weapon and kill as many people as he needs to. He's loyal, but he's a psycopath, and Orga is too afraid to go against Mika's will, and he feels that as a leader he must follow his team's wishes, apparently not realizing what being a leader is.

Basically, Orga and McGillis are complete opposites right now. McGillis forces his will unto others by way of his extreme charisma, and said others follow him without any sort of questioning, having fully bought into his dreams, not realizing that McGillis is a monster who only cares about power and will gladly sacrifice them all, or worse, some fully realize it but still go on with it because it's the one ray of hope they still have (Isurugi in this episode proving this). Orga, meanwhile, has become more cautious, more unwilling to go on, despite being the one who bought into the King of Mars bullshit at first. But he managed to sell that dream to Tekkadan, and now Tekkadan wants said dream. They don't understand it, but they fully believe it's the only good ending Tekkadan can have now, so they force Orga to continue even though Orga, wisely, is scared of a fight they can't win. A fight they won't win.

Mika has zero development beyond realizing a bit more about what human emotion is, but that's already important. He's still a massive psycho who's only the hero nominally (and the series makes no attempts to hide this), but he now realizes that Atra means something to him and wants to protect her, which is...a lot for someone who'd gladly hug women because he didn't even remotely understand the significance of it and who told someone blatantly in love with him to have children, with anyone or with him, without any sort of care.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NutritiousSnack posted:

I have to say I just caught up on season 2 and it's weird to have a good gundam again that isn't a reboot/remake like Gundam: The Origins

Hey, Gundam Build Fighters only ended slightly less than three years ago!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad Atra is still fully in on the OT3 even after having sex with Mika and getting at least something resembling feelings out of him.

By this point even if they get their identities changed and everyone lives happy forever after or whatever, it'll be a sad ending if the OT3 doesn't happen. Kudelia deserves happiness too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shinjobi posted:

Rustal is the kind of guy who gets General Septum'd in just about any other Gundam show.

Now I want Rustal to die by getting thrown off a plane by a secret door then headshot in mid-air.

It'd be really unfitting but hilarious.

• Locked thread