Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gundam 00 was a Gundam series that had a really good first season and then a lackluster second season. This has happened with other Sunrise-produced mecha shows, like Code Geass and Gundam Build Fighters. Good first season, not-so-good second season. When IBO Season 2 was announced, people were worried that it would follow that trend.

I really liked 00 though both seasons. Though the movie was balls; and yeah the 2nd half the of 2nd season was a bit trite.

CG got better in the 2nd season IMO; but again that's more because it was one of the first shows I'd watched where we had a real villain-protagonist and they world was defined as ultra grey no matter what.

Really looking forward to the character development in this season. Hopefully Miss Meribit gets more screen time. I like her whole over-seer type role as an idea, but I felt in the first season her entire existence was to stand up in that one episode and go "B-but kids, killing is baaaad" and to be an implied love interest for Orga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Knowing IBO McGillis will consider betraying them; decide this is a dumb decision and end up being even more bro-y with Orga as Tekkadan becomes the new guardians for a free Mars allied to McG's Earth.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Yeah Mika's strategy is go for the cockpit every time; he doesn't give them time to surrender he just goes hit-hit-crush your cockpit kill your blood sluices out the sides.

It's like the combat version of Orga's plans. Go for the throat and take the shortest path to victory.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tae posted:

SEED Destiny didn't really poo poo the bed until episode 11, fair warning.

SEED Destiny poo poo the bed in like episode 3 because it was the same strategy of stock footage as SEED and that was loving annoying.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Darth Walrus posted:

Colour pics for the Vidar are out, and... uhh... Gaelio really isn't taking his betrayal well, is he? :stare:

He's modified the Kimaris to look like McGillis's Schwalbe Graze.

Oh ja that's some obsession.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Earth machines in season 1 of Gundam 00 used solid ammo too. The Celestial Being Gundams using particle beam weapons was a big upset along with the rest of their fancy high-tech toys.

Until the back end of season 1 and all of season 2 cause then everyone had beams and sparkly missiles.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ep 33 spoiler:

Awww I think Lafter has fallen in love with Akihiro :3:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Considering the rather unique (for Gundam) directions IBO is going I'd be really surprised if McGillis turns out to be the Big Bad Evil guy at the end of the season/series. In fact I hope he ends up as the Big Bad Good guy, doing the things we'd assume are wrong for all the right reasons.

Like his offer to Orga to make Tekkadan "King of Mars" is basically him saying, "You help me, I put you guys in a position to declare the independence of Mars from the economy blocs." Which is what Kudelia has been looking for because as long as the current G-Horn is running the show it doesn't matter how many blocs give their Mars colonies more freedom G-Horn will get the last say in the administration of Mars.

If anyone ends up as the Big Bads I'm actually guessing its gonna be Space Mafia.

Also on this recent episode do we think that Masked Mans comment that the special person who was "loyal and all that" in his life is "close to him" is implying that maybe he's got PARTS of Ein in his suit?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

galagazombie posted:

Comedy Option: Turns out Gaelio and Ein both died, but each left enough meat behind that someone Dr Frankensteined them together into a single vengeful entity.

When I said PARTS I meant like he has the various cybernetics he pulged into Ein now pluged into him.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tae posted:

Teiwaz and nobliss are still huge factions untouched and there's still way over half a season to go.

I can't imagine Nobliss would be too happy if Tekkadan suddenly becomes defacto boss of Mars.

Nobliss and/or civil war with Teiwaz defiantly being set up as next big bads.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Bloody Pom posted:

Jesus christ McGillis. :catstare:

It's really hard to read that as not being :aatrek: as gently caress.

I blame Japan not considering how creepy that is to a western audience.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Now's not the time Vidar.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

paragon1 posted:

This reminds me:
You know who McGillis said reminded him of Agnika Kaieru? Mika
You know who is standing in front of the MA right now? Mika
Mika is going to destroy Hashmal and McGillis is going to fanboy the gently caress out and try to make Mika King of Space, calling it now.

I'm still on McGillis not being an evil prick so much as ambitious and driven. Here's hoping he and Orga/Mika end up taking over G-Horn so they can achieve the objective of being so strong that no one will dare challenge them; thus letting them live in peace.

Flausei-Go is totally coming in next episode to provide fire support with it's rail guns.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 13, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

So what they built AI not-kill bots that then decided that kill botting was the superior choice?

From that article it sounds it was a case of AI going SkyNet.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
A Song of Bullets and Blades: Game Of Gundams

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Still waiting for Nobliss Gordon to do something.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ImpAtom posted:

I'm guessing that is her father's blood.

Or Mackys after she stabs him OR her brothers after he's returned from the dead only to get up getting stomped on by someone.

Soooooo Bael was Agnika Kaieru's Gundam. Annnd from that episodes exposition on the AV system we learn that a regular human brain is overloaded by the data input from using it, which is why the Vidar has Ein's brain doing the computing as to not kill Galeio if he goes over the limit.

Soooo considering Macky points out that Bael has the "soul" of Kaieru in it, perhaps it has some sort of fragment of his memory inside it to help the pilot.

Compared to Mika who with is 3 AV implants can already go beyond the limits of his comrades who only have one; and is slowly losing control of his body presumable because every time he red lines Barbatos he chews up more of his brain as a processor and wipes away his motor functions. So I'm willing to be by the end of the season Mika is going to be basically the new Ein. Just a processor for Barbatos to run on; while Macky may not be willing to sacrifice his body to the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok so anyone got bets on the final episodes fight?

3 way brawl between Mika, McG and Gali?

• Locked thread