Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I support some groups the media keep calling the "Far Right." I have a deep attachment to authoritarian idealism and a desire to be swept up in some sort of movement that gives my life purpose. People I know say I'm extreme in some of my political views.

I don't have any conspiracy theories, though. I'm skeptical/paranoid about everything so US media or RT or whatever else, they all have their own agendas. I also detest Donald Trump because there is absolutely nothing charismatic or inspiring about the man. He is a disgrace to the anti-establishment movement spreading over the world.

As for cultural/class factors, I'm "white" from Detroit which is a big ol' melting pot. I'm poor as poo poo 'cuz I live on Social Security. I only went to high school. I guess lady is right.

I could be crazy, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Jenner posted:

Sup fellow poverty-stricken and disabled Goon. This isn't E/N but, while you have a right to have your beliefs and are definitely entitled to them, you might want to :therapy: especially since you admitted to having some paranoia. (At least you're even self-aware enough to be conscious of it, many people aren't.) Even if we disregard your Far Right beliefs your poverty and living in Detroitness (lovely living conditions) have a huge link to mental illness so you might want to do a bit of self-care just to be on the safe side.

Well I live in Texas now so surely I'm cured!

Well, insofar as it is "self-care" my girlfriend is the only authority I really follow, whatever my politics. Don't want to be indelicate but she has the pants in the relationship. I was once advised, when I kept searching through both politics and religion for a "meaning" to my life, that I should just fall in love. And after I did, it has worked wonders for me, I think.

My paranoia is mostly related to abandonment and rejection. My authoritarian streak is due to a sort of envy for people who have absolute faith in God or their ideals whatever because that's just not possible for me. I doubt everything. Except my girlfriend who gives me peace of mind and since we've been together ten years, I see little reason to worry that's gonna be going any time soon.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your disability? I'm legally blind from a tumor when I was 4. I have one semi-functional eye. I've often wondered how this maybe worsened any paranoid tendencies I have.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 4, 2016

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

rudatron posted:

Depends on the authoritarian. Or, it depends on the ideals.

Seriously. I've spent much of my life searching for a political identity. Teenage me was a Marxist-Leninist, I don't think I'd have been killed unless it was from the civil war or starvation or cold or the million other things that went wrong for the Bolsheviks. Honestly, "equal rights" seemed to be something they were good at initially. Or maybe Stalin just makes Lenin look better. That is possible.

In any event, I no longer agree with that. Those were my crazy teenage years, ya know. But I'm unaware of what authoritarian regimes believe in purging disabled people. I think that was mostly a Nazi thing and Nazis were uniquely terrible even among authoritarian regimes. Or not. They just believed in this wonderful new thing called eugenics which was all the rage in places like the United States.

• Locked thread