Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)
What's the definition of insanity again? Because I'm voting for Hillary and I'm sure she will do everything to solve global warming and end infinite war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

People in this thread need to read this book

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

Extreme0 posted:

If you got one I liked to hear it.

Like it or not, genetics dose play a role into the behavioral patterns and thought process of different people. Some do think bad things because they do have bad brains in a way. Not that it's their fault to begin with anyways. There are stupid people who endanger everyone and there are the unfortunate. The former I would gladly get rid of in a heartbeat if it were possible and taken care of in a manner that limits the most consquences.

I suppose my definition of insanity is complicated or maybe just not what it actually means but I don't understand how some people function like they do and not expect me to think they are deprived from the harsh world of reality. I think it's insane that people who have illogical views are represented by the people that think that same person is the type of person that be willing to fix problems rather then make it worse. It boggles me and worries me.

I suppose I don't care much for humanity anymore. I just watch people do stupid, insane stuff and wonder how they function and how they came up with certain though processes. The human mind is...fragile to say the least.

"I'm a pretty good judge of what is sane and what is not, now hear me out on my plan to make things better by cleanly getting rid of all the people with inferior genetics who endanger the good people. Also I don't care for humanity. I can tell who the bad genetics people are because I don't understand why they don't think like me."

Bob le Moche fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 8, 2016

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

In this insane world the most dangerous people are those who have managed to delude themselves into thinking that they are sane

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

Maybe being depressed is not a mental illness because sometimes people actually have terrible lives and no power at all to change that and the only thing they achieve by not being depressed is making it easier for others to take advantage of them

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

Apologies: I'm only trying to bring up the fact that the definition of mental illness isn't something that came down from god but something that we collectively define as a society throughout history.
If this is ruining the thread where we very rationally and scientifically discuss whether or not we should categorize our political enemies as mentally ill, then feel free to prove me right by declaring me to be mentally ill I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I didn't mean to deny the existence of depression symptoms, which would be an extremely lovely thing to do to people who actually suffer from them. I was trying to bring attention to environmental causes, and the chili pepper metaphor is a good one.
Also, in the world, there are some culinary cultures that rely on the availability of abundant pepto-bismol more than others.

Now, a thought I had about the thread topic:

If you ask commies, they will say that it makes sense that some people have different views than them: There are people who benefit from the institution of private property, and radical leftists fully expect these people to be their political enemies. Not because they are *wrong*, but because they have different political interests. What lefties will argue, though, is that most people out there are being lied to and fooled into supporting politics that go against their interests, and instead favor the interests of the ruling class. This still constitutes an explanation for where these politics come from other than just "insanity": these politics do benefit some people.

If you ask Trump voters, I suspect most will say that it makes sense for, say, Mexican immigrants, or Muslims, to be anti-Trump. They might see their opponents as subhumans or having bad genetics, but they don't really expect everyone to espouse the same far-right views. They will argue that welfare queens, and the gays, and latte millenials vote for big government because they want it to continue to pay for their lifestyle, because it benefits them, which is an explanation that sees their opponents as having a self-interest goal and the ability to act towards it. Some of them are also stockpiling weapons for the upcoming race war, because they do not really expect black folks to simply accept the righteous white supremacy without being forced to through violence.

But if you talk to some Liberals, there seems to be a different attitude where, because liberalism is the rational solution to the problem of "what is the greater good", everyone should logically agree with it, and if they don't, then it's because there's something wrong with them. Why can't they see that liberalism is just the correct opinion? There is a kind denial of politics in the sense that there is no room in this conception of politics for opposing camps except for abberant and irrational ones. No population will really benefit from promoting the politics of the far right or the far left, so only insane or evil people would do it, and as people who recognize what the greater good is, we are the ones who know what is actually best for them. I don't believe that liberalism is immune to what some would call totalitarian tendencies.

• Locked thread