Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Extreme0 posted:

If you got one I liked to hear it.

Like it or not, genetics dose play a role into the behavioral patterns and thought process of different people. Some do think bad things because they do have bad brains in a way. Not that it's their fault to begin with anyways. There are stupid people who endanger everyone and there are the unfortunate. The former I would gladly get rid of in a heartbeat if it were possible and taken care of in a manner that limits the most consquences.

I suppose my definition of insanity is complicated or maybe just not what it actually means but I don't understand how some people function like they do and not expect me to think they are deprived from the harsh world of reality. I think it's insane that people who have illogical views are represented by the people that think that same person is the type of person that be willing to fix problems rather then make it worse. It boggles me and worries me.

I suppose I don't care much for humanity anymore. I just watch people do stupid, insane stuff and wonder how they function and how they came up with certain though processes. The human mind is...fragile to say the least.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

quote:

I wouldn't consider Brexit to be evil or bad. Just stupid. I can understand why Brexit is a thing and how it came to be but I'm also dissapointed in people thinking it's not going to affect them hard. Some still haven't noticed the consquences of their actions...they may never do so too even when things have gotten worse.

So no I don't think the likes of this arguement of 'rational = good and crazy = evil'. I think it's more to do with efficiency and choosing the route that solves more problems rather then the one that creates more.

I'm going to explain to you how mammalian human beings from the Planet Earth process priorities. See, if I don't want Turkey joining the EU, and thus making it easier to Turkish people to come to my country, and I value this above the exchange rate value of the pound sterling, it's completely logical to prioritize leaving the EU, even if it carries some downsides with it. Logic is just a measuring stick for consistency. You don't need to be mentally ill or genetically damaged somehow to believe something like that. And in fact that's kind of an insult to genuinely mentally ill people who are dealing with actual problems they didn't choose to have but who still manage to not hate foreigners.

quote:

Is this one of these dilemmas where it's better off to be insane or sane?

It's a quote from Warhammer 40K. So the only dilemma is whether or not to go broke buying crack cocaine that you can model and paint.

• Locked thread