Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Warmongering psychopath who never met a bomb she wouldn't drop. That she sounds normal and sane to people is proof of how truly awful American politics are.

Also, insanely corrupt. The extent that everyone decided to shut their mouths and circles the wagons this year, because of trump, is nauseating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BiohazrD posted:

source your quotes/nice meltdown

Name a military intervention over the last 25 years that she opposed. Name one where she wasn't pushing for it to go farther

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Someone tried to argue to me that Trump wouldn't be that bad because he would need Congress' approval to declare war.

Because that stopped Iraq and Afghanistan.

The only good thing to be said about Trump is that he's lovely in a bunch of different ways compared to the Washington consensus. The worst thing about Hillary is that she's lovely in the exact same ways as it is. The government would likely fight Trump and restrict his power, not so much with Hillary.

Can't wait for all the Sane and Sober people to nod along as we get into pointless and insanely dangerous confrontations with Russia

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm phone posting so pretend I put the We Came, We Saw, He Died video

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Please tell me why Gaddafi getting killed is something to be sad about.

I'm going to avoid the question of whether we should have taken out Gaddafi and instead note how insanely ghoulish that was. There's a difference between putting down a mad dog because it's necessary and doing the same then posting a picture of you brutally crushing its skull on Facebook.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen threads like this around the internet and it always turns into Hillfolk getting angry at people for the reasons they give and yelling "But Trump" and pretending he's orange Hitler to make Hillary seem better.

The last 8 years, particularly this election cycle, is a real lesson in how small the principled Left is and how large the number of tools who will excuse and overlook anything if it has a D and tickles their cultural fancy

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder that the US is directly aiding a genocide in Yemen

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SickZip posted:

Reminder that the US is directly aiding a genocide in Yemen

Further reminder that the only people who care about this are usually the people who also criticize Hillary's foreign policy and that the main thing you get from Hillary and her supporters is deafening silence. Maybe in a couple years, when they need to appease the actual left again, we can get a half-hearted mea culpa from them ala Iraq

The Only Moral Massacre Is My Massacre. We must care and object only at times that are convienent for them, which is never when it matters or is near an election

SickZip fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 4, 2016

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eifert Posting posted:

Hillary is not Bill.

The shifting of rhetorical focus where Hillary is simultaneously The Most Experienced Candidate In History and also completely not responsible for everything that happened during the process of getting that experience.

"She had important input to his administration", "2-for-1", "He'll be an important asset and resource to her presidency" transitions to "Their different people who just happened to be married" once anyone brings up the fact that Bill is human garbage

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BiohazrD posted:

You realize that she was also other things besides the wife of a president right? Like I think she had some kind of government job between 2000 and now.

8 years as a senator and 4 as sec of state are nothing all that special as far as presidential candidates go. Her time in the white house is a crucial part of the experience claim that suddenly becomes irrelevant when the nature of that white house administration is questioned.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I hate Hillary because I have to hear the word wonk constantly from newspapers, tv, and other talking point echo machines.

It's an annoying inside-the-Beltway shibboleth and the amount that it suddenly starts turning up from sources that would normally never use it is a constant reminder of the extent that the media takes direction directly from campaign PR people and does it so lazily that they just parrot the exact wording.

Paul Ryan deserves a shallow grave for the same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
There's a number of regions in West Virginia that have lower life expectancy then the Palestinian Territories. One county manages to lag by almost a decade.

In light of this, I would support them if they were to launch moonshine powered rockets into any pockets of upper middle class satisfaction they can reach.

• Locked thread