Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Hillary Clinton represents everything I hate about the American political class, and the liberal elite in particular. A stupendously wealthy lawyer with ostensible aw-shucks modest beginnings that don't really hold up to scrutiny; callous disregard for foreign lives in pursuit of American empire obfuscated by a veneer of progressive policies at home; unabashed cronyism and favourable media treatment by apparently serious thinkers whose ends-justify-the-means editorializing won't mount earnest criticism as long as there's always some other bogeyman on the horizon. She is the rot in the system, a caricature of a liberal the way Romney was a caricature of a GOP conservative, only it rubs rawer because she's supposed to be the lesser of two evils and not just the second of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I know. Her acting like the millions of dollars she got from her father was a small loan doesn't hold much merit.
You're changing the topic.

quote:

Yeah, can you believe she's wondered why we can't use nukes first?

quote:

Yeah. The fact that all the media attention means she doesn't have to spend a dime in battleground states!

quote:

Yeah, her preying on the housing market and hoping for it to fail really does show how the system failed us. Screw the lesser or the two evils, vote for a candidate that makes me feel good.

e.
Wait, no. I apologize. You're exactly right that her sole qualification for the presidency this election is "she's not Trump".

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 5, 2016

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Don't vote, please.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

BiohazrD posted:

No see if the candidate is literally not 100% perfect you're accepting the terrible status quo. That's why they are voting for noted perfect candidate.....uhhhhh, who again?
There's a big difference between "perfect is the enemy of the good" and "Hillary is the enemy of the good". If her only flaw was that she was imperfect then her approval ratings would be a lot higher and people wouldn't have serious concerns about YASS QUEEN's barefaced lying and drone strike fetishism.

Hillary is an imperialist hawk. A century ago, she would have been riding sidesaddle into Cuba with Roosevelt. If you're so amoral as to pull the lever for her because "at least she's not _______" then at least take ownership of her history of hosed up foreign and domestic policies instead of acting like some parsimonious protestant picking and choosing which passages matter and which can be glossed over. Nobody has a gun to your head. You can stay home or you can deliberately spoil your ballot. Your vote is an endorsement.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What is the point of letting the world burn just so you can go "Well at least I didn't vote for it"

Because the alternative is a decision about the number of logs you're putting on the fire, not between stoking it or smothering it.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Buckwheat Sings posted:

That's probably more to do with the republican machine pushing to destroy her for about 20 years now. Maybe we REALLY do need more 24/7 coverage of more Bengazi hearings.

Is this supposed to be a defense? That her opponents are successful at persuading people of distrusting her?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If your actions can lessen harm in any way, inaction is not virtuous
Stretched out over any kind of time frame, US politics-as-usual is probably the greater harm.

Eifert Posting posted:

I've yet to meet an accelerationist who wasn't a member of the educated white male middle class.
black panthers so white

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Explain how a destabilized US is better off in the long term for the world than a stable one
A destabilized America may prompt election reform. Otherwise, we get to the terminus of your preference a lot faster. I'm really not persuaded by a "We're as good as you can expect!" argument for American imperialism.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Propaganda is a powerful drug. Notice how people keep going on about the whole email thing without being able to bring anything of substance?
No. However, outside of the Fox News circlejerk, I've noticed a lot of substance being brought forward that is casually dismissed.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Hmm interesting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

But most likely won't

Okay got it, I'm the cynic and by golly as-is America is just about the best we can hope for (and everyone else is worse besides).

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

woke wedding drone posted:

Her voice isn't shrill, it's low-pitched. It can be a little blaring at times.

Guess what that says about anybody who calls her "shrill" :allears:
Oh, oh, let me guess -- that they think Hillary is a histrionic mess who's pretty hawkish (for a woman)??????

No, wait. It says nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

BiohazrD posted:

would you say, perhaps, that minorities just didn't know what was best for themselves?

Most people don't.

• Locked thread