Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Secular Humanist posted:

Trump is undoubtedly a self-centered prick who only gives a poo poo about money, but that reeeeeally doesn't equal "fascist". I really think people WANT him to be Hitler so they can bravely state to the world that they are ANTI-HITLER when in reality Trump isn't much different than any other self-interested republican businessman.

They're probably calling him a fascist given his long running tendency to encourage visitors to violence among his followers and stated desire to purge America of the undesirables who are holding us back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I love the assertion that Trump will just be hot air. It's like a people have somehow forgotten what total Republican government looked like. It's only been a decade folks.

And that's assuming that Trump wouldn't be worse than W, which I think is a ridiculous assumption.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

This is flat out false bro. She had a pledged delegate lead from Super Tuesday on.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah, let me tell you how much much I value the opinion of a person was, just pages ago, defending the Assad's Syria :itwaspoo:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

TomViolence posted:

It's a bad day for everyone the day you're getting dunked on by horselord. Good job America.

HorseLord isn't dunking on anyone tho.

America is bad because their military actions kill people!

Assad is fine, actually it's his right to ethnically cleanse his nation

:irony:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

All I'm getting out of this is that horselord lusts for death, otherwise he wouldn't be so eager to carry water for Qaddafi and Assad.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

HorseLord posted:

the one lusting for death is the one who defends and advocates wars that cause more deaths to happen than if there wasnt a war

So you're explicitly pro intra state ethnic cleansing?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Bob le Moche posted:

The whole loving point of your vote is that you dangle it in front of the politicians and make them think that they might not get it if they don't try harder to please you. That's how you have any power over them, and that's how you get them to do things that benefit society. You don't owe politicians anything. You people really suck at this democracy thing.

I like this post because I can't tell if it is for or against strategic voting, hah

^oh, no. Turns out that you're a moron. Never mind.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

This thread really needs Boon and Iron Rose to the start posting in other now, lmao

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

sarmhan posted:

Wow you really are the living example of someone who is so deeply concerned with ideological purity they will actively work against progressive policies. The perfect is the enemy of the good indeed.

:agreed:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Bob le Moche posted:

I'm pretty confident that all my problems with Hillary are very clearly things that Trump is not better at, and that me openly speaking out about them will not cause anyone to vote for Trump

Yeah HRC is thankfully going to win this election anyway, because enough of the election is sensible enough. That doesn't make what you're doing any less than Morally Hazardous.

This kind of failure of collective action literally brought us the Bush administration, a mere sixteen years ago. Nader likes to reclaim there was a majority progressive vote, but we drat sure got someone decidedly regressive policy thanks to him deliberate spoiler campaign.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

boner confessor posted:

i shoulda have used my sarcasm voice, darn it

In this thread, yes :v:

quote:

She or her campaign (and by extension, she) colluded with the media, the DNC and the superdelegates in such a way that her nomination was a foregone conclusion despite the massive grassroots attention given to Bernie. They barely stopped him, and shot themselves in the foot to boot.

Citation Needed

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lyesh posted:

I have a number of strong disagreements with Clinton's policies. DLC-style triangulation is a terrible idea that has lost the party a lot of support and is part of the reason that this is a close election.

Triangulation hasn't been a thing since the Clinton administration and this isn't a close election, at all.

It's like people don't even live in the same country or something.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

King of Gulps posted:

Now tell me about the lesson I should have learned voting for nader in 2000

An understanding of the nature of first past the post elections.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lyesh posted:

The DLC doesn't exist anymore either. That's more because it took over the party than it is that that sort of leadership no longer exists. It also doesn't mean that things like anti-poverty or pro-union laws are even being brought to the table, much less pushed past Republicans (when it was possible to do so).

Until the debate, there were any polls whatsoever that showed Donald Trump winning the election, which is much, MUCH closer than I'm remotely comfortable with.

There have been attempts at passing a bill to require the NLRB to certify unions after a simpler majority card check vote for the a while. There's a five paragraph section in this year's DNC platform laying out pro union plans ranging from the above mentioned certification reform to ending Right to Work, to specific protections guaranteeing the rights of public and private employees legal right to organization and representation.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lyesh posted:

No, the reason she's a neoliberal is that she's advocating market-based solutions to poverty

Anything less than Full Communism Now is a Betrayal of the Revolution, comrades.

Anyway, the actual platform contains the 10-20-30 plan, as well as increases and expansions to the EITC, and CTC.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lyesh posted:

All of those are useless to people who don't have kids and can't work though, which is my loving point.

Expanding the ETIC to childless men is expressly about covering this gap friend.

I would also like Universal Basically Income. Sadly we're not there yet.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Taerkar posted:

So does that make those proposals bad to you?

The perfect is the enemy of the good comrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Yeah minorities always are a strong voter base in the South. Remember when they supported Strom Thurmond?

Look at this knob who doesn't understand primary elections

• Locked thread