Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, a poor white person who finds that every job opportunity has dried up is not someone who is going to be sympathetic to minorities entering america, as that directly impacts their livelihood for trying to find a job. Every democrat seems to focus on the poor minorities, or advocates for illegal immigrants to stay, while the job market in that persons town dries up. Young college kids talk about checking privilege and the evils of institutional racism, but the low-income whites in rural areas feel like they are being ignored or never had this 'white privilege' while minorities are being given special perks and having institutions accommodate them with programs that are talked about in major newspapers.

To the poor white man, white privilege is a myth, because he feels like he never had any special accommodations based on his race, or any advocacy groups like the NAACP. In fact, he is the butt of the joke in progressive circles.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I cringe whenever I hear 'progressives' blantantly insult groups of people by calling other people 'basement dwellers' or other epithets.
Even more so the media hyperbole used for describing trump supporters.

It just makes me less sympathetic for their actual causes if they are going to tar entire groups of people so eagerly without realizing how they look in the eyes of someone who knows why some would support trump and why some support hillary..

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know Hillary and the 'woman card' issue?
Hillary and her supporters saying that she should be president because she is a woman has been one of the talking points for her campaign early on.

I was personally taught to never discriminate based on gender or sex, and I believe in a meritocratic system.

But the way Hillary's campaign and her outspoken feminist supporters made her gender a issue is a big problem for people who want gender of a candidate to have no bearing on their selection.

Obama never made his race much of an issue, but his supporters did, and that was fine.

A female leader of a country is not that unique anymore, after Thatcher and other leaders in other countries

Then Hillary associated herself with the latest ghostbusters marketing by appearing on a show with the cast members.
The same ghostbusters where Sony decided to paint any critic of the film a mysognist in a marketing war with critics and dissatisfied fans no matter the reason after the awful inital trailer.

And then all her outspoken feminist supporters saying not liking hillary is mysoginist makes people who dislike both candidates not like her campaign and supporters even more.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The current president of south korea is a woman.

But anyone saying I should vote for Hillary because she will be the first woman president is a person who sounds to me like they want to get a achivement for getting a female president.

It sounds so 'fake' to support hillary only on the grounds that she is a woman, and that caused a ton of online and media slapfights between hillary and bernie feminist supporters that I saw a lot of.

I dislike hillary for everythung that has gone on with the email server fiasco and her handling of it, as well as how shifty she has been in all the recent scandals as new facts emerged.
But the email server issue and how she handled it is why I wont vote for her.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 7, 2016

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Main Paineframe posted:

Similarly, when people say that Hillary is "shrill", or too ambitious, or too fake, or too real, or too weak and frail, or doesn't smile enough...those are the same attacks women have faced in the office for decades.

Too ambitious and too fake are actual reasons for why somone would not like hillary, independient of being a woman.
Hillary is a career politician who got the DNC to rug the primaries in her favor based on the DNC leaks. Then she refuses to do public press confrences for over a year, while trump has done multiple ones.

She always acts like she is hiding something.

• Locked thread