Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Parts of this thread come across as "AmeriKKKa" presented by South Park.

America is a "Two Party" system in the surface, both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are made up of coalitions, they're just not really identified as such.

And I like how "Neocon" is thrown around so much that the definiton now is "Person is a politician that I don't like"

Polygynous posted:

good thing we can elect the fascist now and save time, then

But the Republicans in congress will totally stop him, honest! It's not like the supposedly more rational ones aren't terrified of being primaried by the frothing base or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

What's your opinion about the intervention in Darfur?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

She or her campaign (and by extension, she) colluded with the media, the DNC and the superdelegates in such a way that her nomination was a foregone conclusion despite the massive grassroots attention given to Bernie. They barely stopped him, and shot themselves in the foot to boot.

I'll let go of the election fraud when it's no longer an issue. It's weird how the problems with voting never happened to Clinton supporters, isn't it? Awfully convenient. No need to look into it, either, because... reasons?

Provide your evidence.

And no, RT.com is not a valid source.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

woke wedding drone posted:

I have a feeling any real threat to Hillary would have gotten the same treatment, registered Democrat or not.

I unironically agree with this statement, but not for the reason that you made it.

Lyesh posted:

The DLC doesn't exist anymore either. That's more because it took over the party than it is that that sort of leadership no longer exists. It also doesn't mean that things like anti-poverty or pro-union laws are even being brought to the table, much less pushed past Republicans (when it was possible to do so).

I love seeing this claim and at the same time knowing that the Blue Dogs are mostly extinct.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

So basically the reason why she's a Neo-Liberal is because she's not advocating for making everything perfect at once.

Good to know.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Rygar201 posted:

Anything less than Full Communism Now is a Betrayal of the Revolution, comrades.

Anyway, the actual platform contains the 10-20-30 plan, as well as increases and expansions to the EITC, and CTC.

As an Ultimate Leftist I personally think any candidated that doesn't promote Full Communism Yesterday is a corporate fascist Neo-Liberal sellout.

My tower is high and mighty and I look down upon everyone.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lyesh posted:

All of those are useless to people who don't have kids and can't work though, which is my loving point.

So does that make those proposals bad to you?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The right also dislikes her because she's a Democrat and because of Bill.

A decent chunk of the right wing in this country believe that she and Bill derailed the thousand-year Republican Reign before it could bring prosperity to everyone (not everyone)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Do you understand that the feasible alternative right now is "gently caress the poor" and maniacal laughter?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Bip Roberts posted:

The second part.

Too many people have accepted the easy lie that the US is fundamentally more conservative in every regard than other places, even in the face of recent developments in Europe.

The US isn't more right wing than left, its more disinterested than anything else, which is another kind of problem entirely.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I really, REALLY hope you're quoting from somewhere.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Pharohman777 posted:

The current president of south korea is a woman.

But anyone saying I should vote for Hillary because she will be the first woman president is a person who sounds to me like they want to get a achivement for getting a female president.

It sounds so 'fake' to support hillary only on the grounds that she is a woman, and that caused a ton of online and media slapfights between hillary and bernie feminist supporters that I saw a lot of.

How are you posting from the great beyond, Mr. Rodger?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

A lot of the attacks on her politics are also (often thinly) based upon stuff that happened when Bill was president too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And to think I got a loving avatar for saying people this exist

Obviously that's your puppet alt. :downs:

• Locked thread