Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

HorseLord posted:

Probably her bloodthirsty imperialism abroad and her open racism at home.

It was p.funny seeing her "apologise" for the superpredators thing though, on stage to an audience of millions going "okay yeah so I did say that black children are predatory supermutants who can walk on the ceiling and drink blood, and that therefore they should be all locked up forever, but that was on accident! I just tripped over my own tongue and accidentally did racism throughout the multi day process of speech-writing and practising, totally unintentional".

Honestly I expect her face to melt under stage lighting one day. She's not any kind of human I'd recognise; the important poo poo like empathy or shame isn't there.

How old were you in the 90s? There was a ridiculous amount of paranoia about youths/gangs/etc. then before we had the time to observe and realize that generation grew up better than the one before it. Nobody likes what she said, but it was an understandable mistake at that place in time for someone who tries to be so populist. You give someone a bit of a benefit of the doubt once they show that they recognize their mistakes/issues instead of constantly focusing on stuff from 20 years ago.

In other words, that's not a reason to "hate," it's one to "be wary, in case her opinions did not actually change and she's still just being populist."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread