Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well you haven't abandoned it yet so you're already doing better than he is. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Try making it a competition! It really helps. Let's say...

"I will finish LP'ing this before Danganronpa V3 is released!"

Or something of that description. Having a goal with a deadline (sort of) can help motivate you and make you work harder.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Junpei posted:

Try making it a competition! It really helps. Let's say...

"I will finish LP'ing this before Danganronpa V3 is released!"

Or something of that description. Having a goal with a deadline (sort of) can help motivate you and make you work harder.

For what it's worth, I'm very probably going to be gunning for that, since I certainly don't want to have to take my attention away from DRV3 once it comes out - though not knowing when the western release will be makes that a bit difficult. I'll have to reevaluate that idea once the date is announced.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Disregard

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Well, are we? I don't know, but here's what we're putting into the Senses input, anyway:

code:
Watase:

Top:    I
High:   III
Middle: 
Low:    IIII
Bottom: 

Result: ((1*8)+(3*6)+(0*4)+(4*2)+(0*0))/8 = 4.25 = 4

Jun:

Top:    IIIIIII
High:   
Middle: I
Low:    
Bottom: 

Result: ((7*8)+(0*6)+(1*4)+(0*2)+(0*0))/8 = 7.5 = 8

Kazami:

Top:    IIIIIII
High:   
Middle: I
Low:    
Bottom: 

Result: ((7*8)+(0*6)+(1*4)+(0*2)+(0*0))/8 = 7.5 = 8
Watase went up a bit in your opinion, going from 3 to 4, and Jun and Kazami shot up all the way to 8. Now, I asked people to explain their votes, and the prevailing vote, which was Watase Low, Jun/Kazami Top, was arguing that it would go down similarly to before - Watase would defer to Kazami and Jun, and therefore follow their commands as well as possible. However...

...the red branch indicator of doom tells us that we hosed up, and you're not getting the second chance to un-gently caress yourself.

'I see'... Captain, you sure you get it?
Firefighting is all about teamwork. Not only must our minds be as one, but we need to work closely together as one unit, understand?

Anyway, let's hurry up with the search. We have a lot of rooms to check.

--And with that, the group began searching each and every room. They stood in front of a room on the edge of the outer ring-- Kazami headed toward the door, hose at the ready.

The door's... blue. No heat here.
Roger. I'll open the door, then!

Jun announced that as she opened the door.

...It doesn't look like there's any signs of a fire here, does it?
Yeah, but the same goes for any survivors.
Then search the place for AD. You have 30 seconds.

It wasn't long before they found a box.

But-- it was empty. Somebody must have taken the contents already.

Tch, no luck, huh...
And no card either.
Then let's move on to the next room. Be more efficient this time.

And so the group searched one room after another. But as the search went on without them finding any AD or survivors, to say nothing of the origin of the smoke-- Watase forgot about the threat of fire without even noticing it.

No, Captain, stop! You have to check for heat fir--

Watase heard Kazami's warning. But by then, he'd already pressed the open button--

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

--A second later...

He also felt something like the air getting sucked up at the same time.

(What's that!?)

Watase's gaze turned to what lay in the room. And what he saw--

♪ BGM: Abyss

!?

At that moment, a memory flashed back in his mind.

So when the door to the place is opened, fresh air rapidly pours into the room and then-- Kaboom!! ...it starts burning again like an explosion.

By the time he completed that thought, Watase had been engulfed by red hot flames.

Congratulations, tiistai!

tiistai posted:

I'd put Watase at high, I get the feeling that having his self-esteem too low here is just going to get in the way of doing his job while putting it at the top might make him too rash. Agreed with putting the girls at the top.

You were right on the money with having Watase's Sense for himself being too low screwing things up. Logicblade and SatansOnion also voted for a combination that would have led to not dying. Everybody else, alas, your fate lies in meeting face-to-face with a massive wall of fire.

We'll do better next time.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
This was a good LP, congrats on a job well done.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Backdraft: 09/16/2030, 09:54 - Part 2

Alright, let's not gently caress up this time.

Setting Watase's Sense of himself to 6 will do for now.

Note the +1s to Jun and Kazami.

Watase gulped and checked his surroundings. About ten doors lined the hallway. They all felt like traps to him. Explosive booby traps just waiting to be tripped.

...So I need to take this seriously or we'll all be screwed. Every single one of these doors has the potential risk of shooting flames out if I open it, right?
Yes. But there might also be AD or survivors behind them.
And we can't just leave the source of the fire alone. So in the end, you'll have to man up and open every last one of them.
Don't rush things, but keep in mind that we have limited time to search.
Y-yeah, got it...!

--And with that, the group began searching each and every room. They stood in front of a door at the end of the outer ring-- with Kazami pointing a fire hose right at it.

The door's... blue. No heat here.
Roger! Opening the door!

Jun announced that as she opened the door.

...!

Watase braced himself the moment the door opened--

...somehow, the office went from disorganized to trim and tidy by having a higher Sense for Watase.

...Phew, no signs of a fire here, huh?
Yeah, but the same goes for any survivors.
Then search the place for AD. You have 30 seconds!

The group quickly searched the room in accordance with those orders. It wasn't long before they found a box.

Watase ran up to it and looked inside. But-- it was empty. It appeared that someone had already taken its contents.

Tch, no luck, huh...
And no card either.
Then let's move on to the next room. Be more efficient this time.

The room opposite of that one was a stairwell. Unlike the automatic sliding doors that the other rooms used, this one had a fire door with heavy hinges. But when they opened it--

Hold on, why did this staircase collapse? I don't see any traces of a fire in here...
Indeed, it doesn't look like it was caused by a fire. I believe that it was one of those 'explosions of unknown origin' that did this.
C'mon, let's just forget it and move on to the next room already. Chop Chop.

The group continued the search at Jun's urging. --However, no matter how many rooms they checked after that, the only things they found were empty medical boxes. To make matters worse, there was no sign of any of the survivors, to say the least of the source of the fire.

(Goddammit, we need to find some AD...!)

Watase was starting to get more and more impatient. The last time the group had taken any AD was around 9:20 AM. But his watch showed that it was almost 10:00 AM now.

(We don't even have half an hour...)

The survivors and security cards were important too, of course, but they wouldn't be able to live past the next hour without some AD.

(poo poo, this is all me and my amnesia's fault... I kept wasting everyone's time by demanding all those explanations from them...!)

They needed to get their hands on some AD quickly in order to make up for that mistake. The group approached the final door in the outer ring as Watase thought this.

There's... no heat.
That's strange. Perhaps the smoke came in here from another area, then?
Anyway, roger that. I'm opening the door now.

Jun then moved to press the button for the door. They'd been through this routine ten times already-- and as a result, Watase was probably nowhere near as focused as he'd been at first because he'd gotten used to it. That's why he didn't notice it sooner.

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

That unlike all the other doors, the IRT scanner was showing that this otherwise blue one had a slight yellow tinge to it.

...! Oh crap! Moribe, don't open it!

But it was too late.

!?

Jun immediately jumped away from the door. Fire spewed forth from the room only a mere second later.

Watase tried to dodge it, but his body wouldn't move.

Captain!!

No sooner had Watase heard that shout than were he and the rest of the group blown away by the blast.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

He wondered that for a second-- but no. He was still alive. However, it also felt like something was crushing his body.

Ugh...

Watase then opened his eyes,

only to see Kazami shouting at him and helping him up. It seemed she'd knocked him out of the way just in the nick of time.

I—I'm okay! But this is--

The fire that'd spewed from the room was spreading all the way out into the hall. The fire hose had fallen out of Kazami's grasp and was now lying past the roaring flames.

Watase looked in the direction of that shout to find Jun standing on the other side of the fire.

Affirmative! Pass the fire hose over here first!
On it!

Jun picked up the hose lying in the fire and tossed it with an underhand throw. The metal nozzle slid across the floor and stopped right in front of Kazami. But the flames swayed at that moment, briefly licking at Watase's left hand.

There's another game over lying in wait here, but it's been too little time since the last voting, so I'll just move on with what we've voted for the last time...

...since the correct decision here is to have Watase's Senses lower than Kazami's.

The heat shot through his gloves and burned the back of his hand. Hot wind then blew in his face as if to add insult to injury, causing Watase to breathe it in and singe his nostril hairs.

*cough*! *cough*!
What are you doing, Captain! Please fall back!
G-got it--

As he said this, Watase noticed that there was something caught on his right hand.

It was a locket with a broken chain. Kazami had apparently dropped it when she'd tackled him earlier. Watase quickly put it in his pocket and looked at the sight that lay in front of him.

Kazami was staring at the fire, twisting the hose's nozzle.

Commencing hose down!

A fierce spray of water shot from the hose at the same time. It mowed down the flames, pushing them back all at once.

Amazing...!

Those were your words—- Now watch carefully as I demonstrate them.

Kazami quickly handled the hose. The water swelled like an animal and fell onto the fire in front of them. The flames that had been heartily burning with such fury earlier were now growing smaller and smaller with each passing moment. And soon enough, they were gone completely.

Tips posted:

TIP: Fire extinguishing
Category: Includes fiction

In the world of firefighting, a fire can be either suppressed or extinguished. The fine nuance between the two differs depending on the organization, but suppressing a fire means that a fire phenomenon has been returned to normal. The engine crew has brought the fire under control, so even if the fire has not completely disappeared, the fire can be said to be suppressed. In contrast, extinguishing a fire means the chief executive in charge of the scene has determined that no further firefighting from the engine crew is necessary. The chief executive in charge of the scene at the LABO fire was originally Watase, but since Kazami took command in his place after he lost his memory, the duty of determining a fire's extinguishment fell to her.

Kazami turned off the water with that declaration. Jun quickly came running back over and called out to her teammates.

Man, that was too close for comfort, guys.
Yeah... it's all thanks to the two of you that we got out of there alive...
More importantly than that, Captain--

Kazami suddenly glared at Watase.

Why did you give the OK without checking the IRT scanner properly!? One wrong step back there and we'd all be dead!
I-I'm sorry... I was just thinking about how badly we needed to find some AD, so I got impatient...
Impatient!? You screwed up because you were -impatient-!? You think you're fit for this line of work with such naive thoughts like that!?

Yeah, he really hosed up back there! It's almost like he lost his memory or someth- oh, right.

You won't be able to save the survivors like that, to say the least of keeping yourself safe!
...!

Watase found himself instinctively shutting up at the angry look on Kazami's face. It was at that moment that Jun couldn't hold herself back any longer and out in.

Hold on Lieutenant! It's not his fault! Any other day and we wouldn't have this problem!
Yes, you're correct. Normally, he wouldn't be the kind of person to take such rash actions. It was the same back when he tried to save Ms. Yuuri. He tried to run right into that fire without even thinking about it...
Wait, but at that moment, I just felt that I had to save her no matter what. Wanting to save someone in of itself isn't a bad thing, right?
Of course it's not. However-- 'Someone who would throw their own life away to save survivors is no hero. Just a fool.'

Kazami's blunt statement shocked Watase.

D...don't you think that's a rather harsh thing to say?
So you really don't remember anything, do you? I'm quoting none other than -you- yourself.
What?

Those words were oozing with cold intensity. He couldn't believe that he of all people had once said that.

Hey, Tachibana... exactly what kind of rescue worker was the normal me like?
Let's see. You were a calm, intellectual, and extremely cautious person.
...Sounds more like a coward if you ask me.
D-don't be ridiculous! You were an intellectual rescue worker who always made rational decisions no matter what the crisis.
She's right. Well, okay, you were a bit of a hardass, but your logic made sense.
So that's who I was...

If someone as competent as Kazami was praising him this much, then he probably really had been a truly superb rescue worker. That thought alone made him curse his current self's incompetence.

Okay... then I'll make sure to put safety first from now on-- my own included.
Yes, please keep doing that until your memories... until your old self comes back. Then that's enough lecturing out of me. Let's regroup with the others.

Kazami gave that order and started walking again. Watase and Jun followed behind her. His burnt left hand still ached under its glove.

Another yellow decision path.

Not bothering with voting here either - a high Sense of Jun gets us an extra chapter, a low one just skips the chapter. More content = good, so we're doing that.

Watase thought over the situation. The normal ''Watase Kasasagi'' would never have screwed up as badly as he had just now. Then what kind of relationship had he had with Kazami, his lieutenant?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Senior & Junior

And so this is the extra chapter we got from the decision in the last chapter.

♪ BGM: Challenger / Theme of Jun

Jun said that to Watase with a wry smile.

... That bad, huh?
Oh yeah. You look real bummed out. Never thought I'd ever see a face like that from you.
I was just looking back on how pathetic I am.
Wow, you really aren't acting like your normal self today. You sound more like me.
Like you?
To be honest, I often find myself wondering 'should someone as pathetic as me really be working in Sirius?'. Stuff like that. Y'know, 'cause there's all these awesome people on our team, especially you and the Lieutenant.
Awesome people, huh... sorry to break it to you, but I don't think I have the right to be one of those today.
Oh c'mon, don't get all mopey on me. It's only natural, what with your memory going all kaput and whatnot. If you start working harder than me, then I'll lose in flash, no doubt 'bout that. But hey. without your memory, I guess that means I've been doing this whole rescue thing longer than you now. So that makes me your senior!
Maybe you're right...
Okay, then let's work together and do our best as fellow newbies!

And with that, Jun gave Watase a nice hard slap on the back.

(... Is she being considerate of me? She may not choose her words wisely, but she's not a bad person at heart.)

Jun continued as those thoughts crossed Watase's mind.

Well, you can't keep beating yourself up forever. I've got your back if you screw up, so just do your best and keep at it. Keep trying and your old instincts will find their way back one by one.
Thank you... I'll do my best to catch up to your level, so I'm counting on you until then, 'ma'am'.
Yep, just leave it to me, 'rookie'.

Watase and Jun broke out into a smile at that exchange. A strong feeling of reassurance broke through the clouds of self-pity covering Watase's heart.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Speak for yourself.

Never played this game, but judging by the way that Watase is acting, I don't think that's Watase at all. Amnesia doesn't change your personality. Something else is going on here.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Pollyanna posted:

Speak for yourself.

Never played this game, but judging by the way that Watase is acting, I don't think that's Watase at all. Amnesia doesn't change your personality. Something else is going on here.

I mean this is true but it's magical anime plot amnesia, it can do whatever the hell it wants.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Clearly the nuclear explosion caused Watase to split into two people, one the player character and the other the 'monster' from the prologue thing. Then it'll turn out the other Watase is the rational, talented half and everyone will prefer that one, so player character Watase will nobly sacrifice himself somehow.

And then the second scenario will involve time travel somehow because anime.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
gently caress yeah, more fire rescue action. I hope the secret twist of this game is that only you can prevent forest fires.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

TheMcD posted:

Congratulations, tiistai!

Nice, I get to feel smart :toot:

TheMcD posted:

...somehow, the office went from disorganized to trim and tidy by having a higher Sense for Watase.

Yeah that's not suspicious at all. Like I thought this is looking more and more like it's the person we're playing as who's having amnesia, not Watase. Since telepathy-related psychic powers are nothing particularly special in this world, a possession doesn't even seem that strange. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if our Sense of Watase actually means something like "how much Watase am I".

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Pollyanna posted:

Speak for yourself.

Does amnesia not change your personality? I mean, Watase seems to have lost all memory of ever having been a rescue worker, and given that he's an elite rescue worker, that has to make up a massive chunk of his memory. If becoming a rescue worker made him into the hardass Jun and Kazami describe him as being, wouldn't it make sense that losing all rescue worker memories would make him the "old" Watase again, whoever that was?

Of course, then you mention that he also forgot his name, the city he's been living in and all that stuff, so yeah, this isn't a garden variety amnesia no matter which way you slice it. I can't devil's advocate my way out of that one. Though there's like a billion different ways this amnesia could end up being explained.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ok, weird intuition.

The "amnesia" is some sort of mind swap. Not sure who Real Watase switched with, but Monster and Natsuhiko are what my inuition say.

Again, it's just a gut feeling. I'm probably wrong.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Junpei posted:

Ok, weird intuition.

The "amnesia" is some sort of mind swap. Not sure who Real Watase switched with, but Monster and Natsuhiko are what my inuition say.

Again, it's just a gut feeling. I'm probably wrong.

No, I think this isn't far off. In the first update, Watase made a comment about his body not feeling like his.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
While 'plot amnesia' is always a possibility, I am increasingly seeing the plausibility of the 'mind-swap' theory. This theory may end up holding more weight depending on what Natsuhiko (currently top suspect for the 'monster') is like, in terms of personality.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ProfessorProf posted:

No, I think this isn't far off. In the first update, Watase made a comment about his body not feeling like his.

This can be put down as a case of Disassociation due to trauma (usually it's childhood stuff but it's been recorded in adults who have panic attacks) though that doesn't rule out any other crazy anime reason.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Escape: 09/16/2030, 10:04

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

D—did something happen? I thought I heard an explosion or something.
Well, you see, there was this backdraft, and...

--Watase informed Ena, Ukita, and Yuuri of what'd transpired back in the outer ring.

There was that much fire in the outer ring...!?
What's wrong, Mr. Ukita? You seem rather surprised.
No, it's not that... just thinking about how the fire's spread further than I'd imagined.
drat straight. If I'd known it'd spread that far, I probably wouldn't have gone myself and left you guys behind.
I'm also to blame for what happened... sorry, Mr. Ukita.
Let's not dwell on it. It's more important that we make haste with the search, is it not?
Then let's get moving on to floor B1 on the dou... wait, what the heck?

A puzzled look formed on Jun's face before she could finish her sentence.

Hey, Ms. Tsubakiyama, Mr. Ukita... where's Yuuri?
--Huh!?

Taken aback with shock, everyone looked around them. But Yuuri was nowhere to be found.

A blue branch, asking us about our opinion of Ena - and of course, it's not exactly great. That might change in the future, but for now, it sits at 2.

I don't know! She was right here with us a minute ago!
I swear, I had my eyes on her until just a little while back!
Then she ran away!? But why!?
I don't know, but this is bad... it's too dangerous to wander around alone in this place!
Let's get to searching, guys!
Yeah!

And with that, the five of them split up to search for Yuuri.

Dammit, she didn't go this way!?

He then turned around and chose to head back to Area 3.

Did you find her!?
No, no luck!
Where could she have gone...!?

Just as Watase started to think about where Yuuri could have run off to, he heard Jun's voice.

Found 'er! Guys, I found her!

Her voice was coming from the direction of the emergency staircase.

The B1 staircase!

Watase said that and raced for the emergency staircase. Kazami and Ena followed suit.

There she is!

to find Yuuri there.

She stared at Watase in what appeared to be fright as she stood in the darkness. Jun and Ukita were right there with her. At that moment, Kazami started yelling sternly.

!!
Didn't I tell you it was dangerous!? I'll get mad if you do something like that ever again, you hear me!?
U-Um... I'm sor...

Yuuri's voice trembled in the face of Kazami's harsh scolding.

H-hold on, calm down, Tachibana!
No, she's right. Yuuri, why'd you leave Ms. Tsubakiyama and Mr. Ukita?
U-um...

Yuuri appeared to be at a loss for an answer for a while, but then finally answered as if she'd prepared herself.

I heard that explosion... and then I got scared...
I don't blame you... but you'll be in more danger if you go off on your own.
Don't you think that it'd be safer to stay with all of us?
I-I'm sorry...

Yuuri was practically shrinking after having every adult in the room scold her at once.

C'mon guys... we were already gonna go to floor B1 anyway, so why don't we just thank Yuuri for saving us some time?
You're being too soft, Captain! If something like this happens again, then we may find a body instead next time!
I get that, but Yuuri's learned her lesson by now, right Yuuri?
...Yes.

Watase gave the crestfallen Yuuri a wry smile as he and the others left the stairwell-- and reached floor B1.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Knocking on Heaven's Door: 09/16/2030, 10:08

You know what's fun? Having to wait like three hours to post an update that is already basically done because your upload speed is atrocious and you want the video you're uploading to still look good. It's even more fun because this update is one of those I really want you folks to see.

There were no signs of a fire there. The Procyon reading was only ''1792 mSv'', so it posed no threat on that front either.

It looks like this floor is safe... for now, anyway.
Then shall we split into two teams and search like we did last time?
It takes up too much precious time to decide on teams each time. Let's just get to searching right away.
Yeah, especially seeing as we haven't found even a hint of any AD.
Then we'll take the outer ring, while Moribe's team will cover the inner ring.

No one offered any objections. Like last time, they split into teams of ''Watase/Kazami/Yuuri'' and ''Jun/Ukita/Ena'', and began their search of Area 3, B1.

But when they tried to open the security gate in the connecting passageway that led to the outer ring--

Huh?

--it refused to accept the card. It was a Level 3 gate, so a Level 4 card should have been more than enough to open it. But even after they put the card in the slot again, the door still wouldn't open.

Dammit, the thing must be busted! Are there any other ways in?
I'll go check!

Kazami said this and took out the map she'd drawn earlier.

Now that I think about it, this staircase collapsed too, so we can't get in there from another staircase, can we.
Which means that our only choice is to enter from the Area 4 side, though it'll mean taking a detour.
Things just keep getting worse and worse... and we're no closer to finding any AD.

They only had 10 minutes left until the effects of their last AD shot wore off.

If only we had one more...

A shy voice spoke up after Watase had muttered this.

Hmm? What's wrong?
If it comes down to it... then why don't I just pass on taking any... so that everyone else will be fine...?
What are you saying, Ms. Yuuri!? We could never let you do something like that!
!

Yuuri trembled with a start.

She's right! If something like that happens, then -I- will--
No, let's not worry about that until we're out of time for sure.
Y-yeah, you're right...
Anyway, let's get back to the inner ring stat. We're short on time.
O-okay...

Kazami quickly started walking off, followed closely by Watase and Yuuri. But Watase felt something was off about Yuuri.

(What is it about her that's so strange...?)

She was by no means being uncooperative with the search. True, she was very scared, but there was also a kind part of her that tried to put others before herself, like he'd seen just now.

(So then... Why'd she try to run off by herself?)

He remembered the look Yuuri had given him when they'd first seen each other. She had definitely been afraid when she saw him.

(Could it be that she's still scared of me? But if that's the case, then why...?)

But just as Watase thought this--

He heard an ear-piercing scream.

What was that!?
W-wasn't that Ms. Jun and the others!?

Yuuri was speaking in a loud voice for the first time in what seemed like ages.

--Let's go!

Kazami broke off into a fierce dash without a moment's hesitation. Watase took Yuuri by the hand and followed suit.

C... Captain!
W-w hat's wrong!? Did something happen!?
Aah!? Y-yes...

Ukita in particular seemed quite shaken up, as he started muttering nigh-incomprehensibly upon seeing Watase and the others.

Everyone, please calm down! Exactly what is it that happened!?

It was then that Ena mumbled in dazed shook, her face pale.

...Bodies...
Huh?
So many... bodies...!

--All the air in the hallway froze at that moment.

D-did you say... bodies...?
They're in that room...
Were they... victims of the fire?
!!

The image of Natsuhiko and the others, their bodies horribly charred, passed through Watase's mind for a moment. But Jun shook her head.

No... it'd make a lot more sense if they -were-, though...!
Wh-what do you mean...?
...You'll understand if you go in there and see for yourself...

Jun looked to the nearby door with a confounded look on her face.

--but they could still smell what appeared to be rust coming from it.

(What's that stench...?)

No sooner had the thought crossed Watase's mind than he was gripped by an inexplicable feeling of terror. He took a big gulp and prepared himself.

...I think it'd be best if you stayed back here, Yuuri.
O-okay...!

Yuuri nodded with a frozen look on her face.

Captain, Lieutenant, you ready...?
Y-yes.
Yeah...

Jun walked up to the room-- And opened the door.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Just to note, this is something that isn't available in the sound test. When I check the menu to see what is playing, the game just calls it '''---------''. I don't know how else to describe it, it's just ominous ambience. Anyway...

The first thing that flooded into his eyes was red. The room was dyed with the color of blood. Lying close by Watase's feet in that pool of blood were two crumpled bodies. And-- there was one more body deeper in the room. A body wearing the same kind of radiation protection suit that Kazami and Jun had shown him earlier. The second she saw it-- Kazami shouted.

I-it can't be...!? That's... that body is...!!

Jun nodded with a look of grief on her face and answered.

Yeah... that's Dojima.

Watase gasped at those words. Though he didn't remember the name, the fact that -Jun- did meant--

Don't tell me... was that man... one of our...!?
Yes... he was a member of Team A, just like us...!
Why... why did this have to happen...?

Kazami and Jun fell to their knees right then and there.

(Wh-what the hell is this...!?)

Watase had expected that any ''bodies'' he would find in this facility would be those who had burned to death. But that clearly wasn't the case here. These corpses had lost their lives at the hands of others-- Yes. They had clearly been murdered.

Wh-what the hell... ...happened here...!?

No one answered that question. Watase just stood frozen in a daze in that room filled with the stench of blood.

He'd thought that was the worst things could get. They were already in a hell where a moment's distraction could lead to death... But perhaps fire and radiation were not the only threats to the group's lives out there. There were 8 more hours until the lockdown was lifted. The life-and-death drama they were all a part of had only just begun...

Remember when I said ''[t]he true Root Double starts here'' back during ''6+3''? I lied. The true Root Double starts here, and the game agrees with that, giving us the intro video now when we're more than two hours into the game (real-time, that is, not in-game-time). Now, this intro video is to be watched with caution, because it shows you a LOT of things. This video is practically made for people that pore over every word for information, because it just slams poo poo in your face. However, this game also loves toying with you by giving you incomplete and contextless information. Things that you might see as potentially revealing facts might just be red herrings. Or they might actually be revealing facts. Nobody knows yet. Well, I do, but that's beside the point. What I'm getting at is that there are some particularly suspicious things in that video, but you might want to be careful in making snap judgements based on them.

Next time, we will begin the second chapter.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 28, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, maybe it isn't as bad as all that. Most murderers have a fairly strong sense of self-preservation...?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
SO MANY CLUES IN THAT OPENING!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Rereading old updates is fine but I don't like rewatching this kind of opening videos so I won't.

The only thing I really got out of it was that Yuuri is special somehow which wasn't really new information anyways.

I wonder if Yuuri for some reason thinks she doesn't actually need the AD. I guess the alternative is that she's fixing to die. "Putting others before herself" sounds too easy. :v:

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I don't really know what's going on, but I'm around 90% sure that the nuclear horror is probably fabricated. Seems like the sort of thing that would be made up to prevent people from getting to close to the N area. Maybe the group was given fake geiger counters, since they were provided by the company itself.

That leads to my next point, which is, "What is really in the AD ampoules?" I don't have anything on that yet, but I do get this feeling that nothing we've been presented so far is what it appears to be. Maybe I've just played too much Zero Escape.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Warning, Wall of Text confirmed!

Welp, murderer confirmed! My attention is piqued. One thing I will note is that, despite their being bullet holes the boxes Dojima is next to, the bodies that are not him are facing away from him with bullets in their back. Dojima himself is blood covered, with what appears to be a twisted neck, and no bullet holes (though whether that means he wasn't shot, or we can't see them for the blood, or that he was shot in the front and then had his neck broken, will be determined shortly).

As for the opening, an antagonistic relationship between Natsuhiko and Watase (or at least The Captain) is seemingly confirmed. I will also note, in regards to the mental dissonance others seem to have picked up on, that Watase ("Don't worry...I'll save you. You can count on that.") and Natsuhiko ("Self righteousness just leads to danger") seem to have distinctly different personalities.

Here I'll put down some things in the video, in order of appearance
Watase Kasasagi (A man who has lost his memories) A: "Don't worry...I'll save you. You can count on that." B: NO DATA. Type 5: The Investigator
Natsuhiko Tenkawa (A boy bound to the past) A: NO DATA B: "Self righteousness just leads to danger." Type 7: The Enthusiast
Yuuri Kotono (A girl who doesn't belong anywhere) A: "I don't know what to believe anymore." B: DATA CORRUPTED ("Hey, what about you? Do you think") Type 9: The Peacemaker
Mashiro Toba (A devoted childhood friend) A: NO DATA B: "Well, if our voices couldn't re(ach?) _____ directly appeal to his heart, if you catch my drift?" Type 2: The Helper
Louise Yui Sannomiya "Salyu" (A noble yet mysterious girl) A: "Don't get any closer." B: "I was sent here to protect you, after all" Type 4: The Individualist
Kazami Tachibana (A cool and collected partner) A: "Our mission is to ensure everyone leaves in one piece. So please" B: "I understood. Please stand back; it's too dangerous." Type 6: The Loyalist
Jun Moribe (A fiery buddy) A: "(Don't)cha know, Captain? They call that the buddy (system?)" B: "(I wan)ted to be the hero who saves people." Type 8: The Challenger
Ena Tsubakiyama (An aggressive and intelligent teacher) A: "Don't be an idiot!, If there's traces of a fire, that's all the more reason to be searching" B: "As a teacher, there's no way I can approve of students (putting) themselves into danger, can I?" Type 3: The Acheiver
Keiji Ukita (A perfectionist and honest researcher) A: "Go ahead and laugh. I know it's fragile justice. B(ut?)" B: "But no matter what happens, promise me: you (ki?)" Type 1: The Reformer

Denial Syndrome, Communicator, BC Misuse Act, Dark Energy, Information Energy, Betelgeuse, Maxwell's Demon, Charles Bonnet, Accelerating Universe

"Reality" soon becomes memories
Memories change shape and distort the "truth"
The distorted "truth" seizes the "real" you and never lets go.
When these two dissimilar souls meet by chance, their "memories" begin to reveal the cruel truth

OddHaberdasher fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 24, 2016

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Llab posted:

That leads to my next point, which is, "What is really in the AD ampoules?" I don't have anything on that yet, but I do get this feeling that nothing we've been presented so far is what it appears to be. Maybe I've just played too much Zero Escape.

I like this theory. Looking back, two points:

TheMcD posted:

Urged on by the woman, the man loaded the ampule into the cartridge. Once he injected it, the fluid in the container entered his body, accompanied by the slight prickling pain that came with a shot. And at that moment, he felt like something had faded from his head.

(What's this feeling... is it a side-effect of the drug?)

First, this. Whatever happened immediately here, I don't think it was related to radiation poisoning.

Second: We never saw Jun and Kazami take the drug. It's just assumed that they did offscreen, and now they're insisting everyone else dose up on it. I don't know if we can trust that stuff...

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

ProfessorProf posted:

First, this. Whatever happened immediately here, I don't think it was related to radiation poisoning.

Cool. "Something fading from your head" in a setting with psychics is pretty interesting. Does it lower "mental defenses" or something like that, like make people easier to be controlled? Whatever it is, I'm not yet entirely convinced it's bad for you, but that'll depend on whether Ukita does or doesn't actually know what it's really used for.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
TheMcD: Just checking but are you aware the second half of the "Backdraft pt 2" update was also optional (there's an extra chapter "Instill" in there triggered by a Kazami decision you didn't show)? It's a little weird you only pointed out the Senior & Junior scene.

Edit: Any theories why Yuuri appears twice in the opening video cast list? I remember that was the first thing I noticed when I played the game.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 25, 2016

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Speaking of the strange, unknown effects of the AD and other things, I wonder if AD is intended to reinforce a specific 'belief' of what happened by making it easier to convince others of what you say. Just fixating on the 'memory' thing mentioned in the opening. Now to google some of the terms, like Maxwell's Demon.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

whitehelm posted:

TheMcD: Just checking but are you aware the second half of the "Backdraft pt 2" update was also optional (there's an extra chapter "Instill" in there triggered by a Kazami decision you didn't show)? It's a little weird you only pointed out the Senior & Junior scene.

Bwuh? Is that in the Xtend Edition on Steam? Because I just went back and checked the playing log's scene title section, and there's no chapter called "Instill" that I supposedly saw. So all the content that has been part of this LP has not been in a chapter called "Instill", and I have yet to not show any decisions that aren't blue. I think I showed all of them or at least mentioned them, but I might have skipped a blue one - but definitely not a yellow one. There is a chapter between Senior & Junior and Escape I didn't see, so that might be where it went, but I didn't get any other decisions. Maybe it's because we never really had a high Sense of Kazami and therefore we don't have a high enough Favor to trigger the option to get that scene?

I should reiterate I'm not 100%ing this game.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 25, 2016

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
If you're not 100% completing the game (I'm not complaining, leaving decisions up to us and then contorting things so as to see everything would be rather missing the point), will you come back at the end of the A story?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

OddHaberdasher posted:

If you're not 100% completing the game (I'm not complaining, leaving decisions up to us and then contorting things so as to see everything would be rather missing the point), will you come back at the end of the A story?

Not sure what exactly you mean here.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Well, you're not going to 100% this playthrough, which I understand (no point leaving decisions to us if you're going to show us everything anyway), but I'm wondering if, when we're at the True end of this route or the B route, whether you will show us 'what we missed'.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

OddHaberdasher posted:

Well, you're not going to 100% this playthrough, which I understand (no point leaving decisions to us if you're going to show us everything anyway), but I'm wondering if, when we're at the True end of this route or the B route, whether you will show us 'what we missed'.

Well, I didn't plan to 100% the game throughout this entire LP. What I have planned can be summed up thus: "Show off all the endings and everything unique that happens on the way there". The fact of the matter is that this game has a fuckton of poo poo. I found a walkthrough that shows off how to get all the endings, which I will be using, but there doesn't seem to be anything that would allow me to easily work out how to 100% the game, i.E. see all the scenes. I mean, just look above - apparently I completely missed a scene I never knew existed, and while I found a walkthrough that would get me that scene, that walkthrough doesn't get Senior & Junior, the chapter I got before, so there's probably stuff missing there too.

Basically, I'd probably throw myself out a window before I managed to work out how to get all the scenes. Unless somebody has a guide that tells me how to get everything, "all endings" is the benchmark I'm setting.

EDIT: For reference, I think when I first beat the game (i.E. getting the ultimate True End), I had seen about 75% of the scenes.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 26, 2016

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Murder Case: 09/16/2030, 10:12

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

--Watase kept himself from shivering and took in the terrifying spectacle that lay before his very eyes.

D-dear God...!

The bodies at his feet were wearing what appeared to be white lab coats. It wasn't strange for there to be researchers in this facility. What -was- strange was the fact that their bodies were full of countless bullet holes.

(They were... shot?)

Given that they were lying with their heads turned towards the door, it was possible that they'd been trying to escape from the room. The various sized holes in their body, especially the big ones in their stomachs, exposed their innards. The organ that had shaped whom they once were now oozed out of their split heads, leaving a slimy stain on the floor.

(Ghh...!)

He instinctively looked away from the horrible evidence of how the men had died.

But further in the room was one other body... the remains of the rescue worker who Kazami and Jun had called ''Dojima''. His case was even stranger. His limbs were bent in unnatural directions, his fingers broken at their bases as if they'd been tortured. Flesh from the nape of his neck had been torn off, blood oozing out from it, and the bones also appeared to have been twisted and crushed. His face was warped in agony, and his tongue was sticking out of his mouth in a slovenly matter.

(What... what the hell is this...!? What could have happened to cause him to die like this...!?)

It was hard to believe any human could have done this. It looked more like he'd been grabbed and casually crushed by a giant hand. It didn't feel as if any person could have done an act so horrific-- it was more like the work of a monster or something.

A monster, you say?

But the whole thing in general was strange. Why was it that those two had been shot to death while this one had died differently?

What in God's name happened in here...!?

Kazami answered, quietly rising to her feet.

...I don't know. However... It looks like they'd set up a simple makeshift base in this room...

When Watase looked at the room more closely, he noticed there were several objects that appeared to be broken equipment.

What's this...?
A jackhammer... they probably brought it here in order to break down walls and doors.

Watase picked it up and pressed its switch. But it didn't respond at all. It looked like one of the bullets had shot the motor right out. There were two broken ampules lying nearby.

! There's AD...!
Ah...!

One of them had been smashed, like someone had stepped on it. The other one was still in its original form, but the container was cracked, the liquid inside leaking out.

It appears these are the ones they'd been given at the start...

Kazami picked up the cracked AD and said that. Just then, Jun broke her silence.

Do you think... Dojima administered it to those people?
...Yes, maybe. Dojima probably took those two under his protection and tried to come up with an escape plan.
Just like us... But... this doesn't make sense. Why did Dojima have to die...!?

Watase could say nothing as he watched Jun say that and hang her head. --He wasn't sad. It didn't feel real to him-- like it was an event that'd happened in a TV show. Even though it was his very own squadmate who was dead--

(... I'm...!)

to the now amnesiac Watase, the death of his supposed squadmate ''Dojima'' felt the same as the death of a total stranger. And he hated himself for that. Kazami gently wrapped her arms around Jun's shoulders as the latter bit her lips.

...You mustn't let yourself dwell on this.
Judging from the fact that there's no sign of Hiyama's body anywhere, he's probably still alive. We can still save him at the very least...
...Yeah...
Let's go for now... if we remain here much longer... then it'll be difficult even for me.

Watase and Jun nodded and headed for the door with Kazami. --Kazami and Jun gave a small salute before they exited. Their final sendoff to their colleague who'd been killed under mysterious circumstances. All Watase did was just stand by and watch them...

Wha—!?
Three people are dead, and even the jackhammer's broken...!

N-No...! How could I... know... anything...

Kazami frantically pulled Ukita off of him.

Mr. Ukita! Please calm down! Even we're confused about why our coworker was killed!
How could I possibly stay calm in this situa--

But before Ukita could continue his ranting and raving--

a tearful voice echoed around them.

--!?
Y-Yuuri!?
D-don't panic...! People d-died there, right...? If something like that happens again...!

It was the first time Watase had ever seen a look like that on Yuuri's face. It was still strained with fear, but there was a clear, fierce will in her eyes-- Rationality returned to Ukita's eyes as soon as he heard her.

Ah... s-sorry... To think I of all people... would lose my composure like that...
...It's only natural.
By the way, were those researchers perchance acquaintances of yours, Mr. Ukita?
No... to be honest, I don't know them.
Huh?
I-it's not my fault! The odds of ever seeing someone who doesn't work in your area are particularly low in this facility.

There was something about Ukita's explanation that didn't sit right with Watase.

(If he didn't know them, then what was he getting so worked up for?)

But Ena suddenly cut in.

But still... why were they killed...?
M-mmm... perhaps they were trying to steal AD?
No, I doubt that. There was still AD in that room, after all. The bigger question is why the killer had a gun. At least, it is to me...

Honestly, I have completely different questions than the ones these folks are asking, and I'm sure you do as well. And, well, I might as well just tell you - the answers to those questions? Not coming for QUITE some time. We need to pile up a shitton more questions first.

Good point...

Ukita's eyes suddenly widened in shock at that moment.

Everyone, it would be best to be careful... the killer might still be in this facility.
What!?
If those three were killed after the lockdown began-- Then naturally, that means the killer is also trapped in this facility, just like we are...!
!
If someone with a gun is lurking around LABO... then it's not just fire and radiation we have to worry about.
Wh-what the hell are you talking about!? You're not saying that you suspect my students, are you!?
No, that wasn't what I was getting at! There's no way children could do something so heartless, right?

A blue decision, asking us about Ena and Ukita. You decided that you trusted Ukita more than Ena - just by a bit. Of course, that could change later, but for now...

So all I'm saying is that it might be best not to move around carelessly, even if we're here to search.
Huh!? Quit acting like a spoiled brat! That's all the more reason why we have to find my students quickly--

Watase frantically out in just as it looked like another argument was about to start.

Man, we are really blowing it with Ena.

What was that...? Are you two idiots!?
'Idiots'!?
Isn't it clearly way too early to assume that the killer is trapped here with us? Even the killer should be afraid of the radiation and fires, so what reason would they have had to go out of their way to kill a rescue worker?
Mmph... that's certainly true...

Watase found himself shutting up at Ena's logic, with Kazami soon backing her up.

Yes... and what's more, the AD Dojima had was destroyed. If Dojima had been killed after the lockdown started, the killer would have never broken it. Those three were probably killed before the lockdown. I don't know what the culprit's goal was... but if my theory is correct, then they should have had plenty of time after the murder to escape.

Kazami's tone was calm, but her eyes were wavering. She too was grieving, and yet here she was, desperately reprimanding Ukita and Ena.

I'm not buying it. Usually, I don't want to make judgements in these updates, since you're good enough at creating doubt at all the right (and wrong) places all by yourself, but I'm not buying this in the slightest. Even disregarding the fact that we basically know that Dojima was killed after the lockdown - Dojima and Hiyama were both still with The Captain after the lockdown in the prologue - this call is tenuous at best and complete asspulling at worst. ''The killer wouldn't have destroyed the AD if it was after the lockdown''? That's assuming SO many things! I could go on about it, but the core is that given the complete loving chaos that was going on in that room, how in the gently caress can you not even remotely consider that A) the AD was broken in the fight and B) the fight was ABOUT the AD? Of course, with it being broken during the fight, it would be no use to the killer, and he'd just vacate the crime scene and try to find some other source.

I mean, it might be that she doesn't buy her own bullshit either, but she's spewing it to try and calm people down. But of course, once you make that assumption, you start wondering that when it's possible she's lying out of reason A, then why couldn't she be lying out of reasons B, C, or D, all of which will probably be a lot more sinister? In retrospect, these scenes make me doubt a lot of what Kazami is saying. I mean, I know exactly whether she's to be trusted or not, but just judging from what you've all seen, she's hella suspicious in scenes like this.

B-but... I'm just worrying about your safety as a member of this facility...

And Ukita has all the god drat reason in the world to be suspicious. Disregarding that he clearly seems to know *something* that he's not spilling, just from the way he's acting, there could be anything roaming these halls. Everybody just seems to assume ''well, there's us six, and those three kids, and Hiyama, and maybe some survivors, but that's it'' and the thought of ''maybe there's somebody here that might be dangerous'' just completely flies past them.

You people in the thread? You're doing it right. If there is a loving fly mentioned in the game, you'll start suspecting that fly of being the one behind this all. Suspect everything.

Like I was saying, the killer's already escaped. We should go with that--

But before Kazami could say any more, a beep suddenly echoed through the hallway.

CLIFFHANGER!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Shortage: 09/16/2030, 10:16

Oh, I just can't leave you on cliffhangers, can I?

We hear a constant beeping.

Oh, that's my watch alarm. I set it to go off when our last dosage of AD wears off.

Taken aback, Watase checked his watch. The digital reading said ''10:16 AM'' on it.

I know there are some of you here who took their last AD less than an hour ago, but we should all inject ourselves now just to be safe.
I-I see... then let's put this discussion aside for now and administer it to everyone.
Yeah... these are our lives that are at stake here, after all.

Jun seemed to have come back to her senses, as she quickly distributed AD to Ena, Ukita, and Yuuri. Ena and Ukita injected themselves immediately.

...This'll keep us up and running for another hour, huh?
... Yeah.

Ena and Ukita muttered that. But-- Yuuri and Yuuri alone still hadn't injected herself for some reason.

Ms. Yuuri, what's wrong?
No... I-I don't want to inject it...
You're still saying things like that!? Very well. Then I'll do it.
N-no...
You can't be stubborn!
Ah...

Just like last time, Kazami injected Yuuri with AD without hearing the latter out. --But there were now only two AD left. Watase, Kazami, and Jun exchanged glances.

Dammit, now we're too short...!
...What should we do?
'What should we do'? That's already been decided. Captain, Moribe, please administer it to yourselves.
Wh-why us!?
Your body still isn't in perfect shape, so there's no way I can allow you to push yourself. And Moribe has the smallest body amongst us. So we should assume her resistance to radiation is weak.
B-but what're you gonna do, Lieutenant!?

Once Jun asked this, Kazami held out something to her and Watase.

I'll use this.

--It was the damaged ampule that'd been lying near Dojima's body just minutes ago. Only half of it still remained, the other half having leaked out through the cracks in the container.

N-no way... You're not seriously gonna try keeping your body protected with only half a dose, are you!?
What do -you- think, Mr. Ukita?
W-well, let me think... if the drug's dosage has been halved, then that means the effects should also be halved... Or maybe it'll only be effective for half the time... Honestly, I don't know.
But you -are- saying that it's better than nothing at all, right?
Well, yes, that's true, but--
W~wait a minute! It's still way too risky!

Jun showed her Procyon to Kazami.

The Procyon's reading is currently at '2035 mSv'! Not only is this level life-threatening as it is, but it's still rising, you know that!?
She's right! If this AD's effects don't properly manifest, then you'll be exposed--
Then what do you propose we do? The fact remains that we don't have enough AD. I'll be taking the damaged AD no matter what you say.
But...
No backtalk, Moribe!
!

Kazami's angry shouts echoed through the hallway as if to ward off Jun's pleas.

This is an order! You're wasting valuable time complaining about this! We're all being exposed to radiation right now, at this very second! If you're worried about me, then please administer the AD right now and continue the search!

Hmmm...

VOTING

So, this will be interesting again because of the Senses system being funky. What will having Kazami's Sense higher than Watase's mean? Will it mean ''Watase respects Kazami's decision and goes with it'' or does it mean ''Watase values Kazami's life higher than his and insists on taking the broken AD''? Only one way to find out!

Pick between Top, High, Middle, Low and Bottom for Kazami and Watase.

And yes, death once again lurks behind this decision. You must choose... but choose wisely.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Clearly THIS is what is meant by Watase's voice in his head saying "Save her", so let's put Watase on top and Kazami on high so he mans up and does something to save her.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I think in this circumstance we should have Watase's senses higher than Kazami's. If this works the way I think it does, he'll be more inclined to take the broken AD than Kazami. Considering he's a man with a stronger body, the radiation should have a lesser effect on him than Kazami.

Let's go Top for Watase, and Neutral for Kazami.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

CirclMastr posted:

Clearly THIS is what is meant by Watase's voice in his head saying "Save her", so let's put Watase on top and Kazami on high so he mans up and does something to save her.
I'm down with this.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
I'm willing to go with the above on this one. As for everything else, well, the only person we know to have a gun was the Captain, and the bullet holes we see seem to be entry wounds, so it seems that they were not at all prepared for Cell A clearing house and being shot in the back. Obviously whatever/whoever was attacking the Captain has it in for Cell A, if not everyone in general. Ukita not knowing the effects of half a dose of LABO's most well known product is incredibly fishy, though the fact that he seems to have been the sole scientist spared does put him in a brighter light. I reckon, given the captain survived being in what I speculate to be Area N (because where else would the climactic confrontation with the 'monster have been?) for some time, fled in a blind panic and then fell unconscious for some time, assuming the radiation is real he can take more than most. If not real, then it is possible insisting on taking the half dose could lead to Kazami letting something slip, assuming she is a guilty party. Ena immediately jumping to the 'you're saying my students were killers' is also odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

CirclMastr posted:

I'm on board with this plan.

Oh also I found my way here off the Political Machine LP too but just hadn't posted yet. I've no experience with the 999 series but I like the speculation and rescue drama so far!

• Locked thread