Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Watase-Top, Jun-Bottom

No need to listen to anyone's advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Bottom

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Logicblade posted:

Well the bulkheads and security gates didn't lockdown until the nuclear reactor went into meltdown, and before that all the gates were open so people could evacuate. There's still a lot of unanswered questions, but that could explain why some people had access to areas they weren't supposed to have.

The trip with Dojima and Hiyama to Area N is before the lockdown so that's fine, but the shot of the Area 5 hallway is after the lockdown, plus he returns to Area N where he meets the "monster" (it doesn't say it's another part of Area N but it definitely looks like a central area).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
TheMcD: Just checking but are you aware the second half of the "Backdraft pt 2" update was also optional (there's an extra chapter "Instill" in there triggered by a Kazami decision you didn't show)? It's a little weird you only pointed out the Senior & Junior scene.

Edit: Any theories why Yuuri appears twice in the opening video cast list? I remember that was the first thing I noticed when I played the game.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 25, 2016

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Well, I didn't plan to 100% the game throughout this entire LP. What I have planned can be summed up thus: "Show off all the endings and everything unique that happens on the way there". The fact of the matter is that this game has a fuckton of poo poo. I found a walkthrough that shows off how to get all the endings, which I will be using, but there doesn't seem to be anything that would allow me to easily work out how to 100% the game, i.E. see all the scenes. I mean, just look above - apparently I completely missed a scene I never knew existed, and while I found a walkthrough that would get me that scene, that walkthrough doesn't get Senior & Junior, the chapter I got before, so there's probably stuff missing there too.

Basically, I'd probably throw myself out a window before I managed to work out how to get all the scenes. Unless somebody has a guide that tells me how to get everything, "all endings" is the benchmark I'm setting.

EDIT: For reference, I think when I first beat the game (i.E. getting the ultimate True End), I had seen about 75% of the scenes.

TheMcD:

I...wasn't aware that you need a high favor for Kazumi to make the yellow decision for Instill appear (it looks like you only needed one extra +1)

I don't think you should 100% everything either, but some of the bonus scenes are probably a bigger deal than the bad/normal endings, and they unlock epilogues at the end of the game if you get them all.Here's the guide I used https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1svf8q-WESCb3CWo7g_yVgz0E91T40xa86dtkLgBR_ug/

(more explicit info about how the bonus scenes work) Each female (3 in Route A, 3 in B) has a series of 6 extra scenes that have to be unlocked in order, which I'll call A-F. Instill is Kazumi A, and Senior & Junior is Jun A. If you miss one of them, then the yellow decision to trigger the next scene in the series doesn't appear and it's automatically skipped along with the rest of the series. When you see an F scene, then a flag is triggered and that character gets an epilogue scene permanently unlocked after the final, true ending. So you're not just missing Instill, you've got 6 more scenes locked out.

The other tricky part about getting them is that while you can see all the Route B scenes in one playthrough, there are branches in Route A where Watase chooses which of the 3 women to split off with (in Factory and 9-3). Ena C can only be triggered by going with her in Factory, and Kazumi E,Jun D/E, Ena D are all in the 9-3 branch. You have to reload after seeing each F scene to get the others.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 27, 2016

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
To be fair, when actually playing the game you can tell that you picked wrong by the red choice appearing and get a chance to save and pick other settings before you actually die. You pretty much have to get the bad ends on purpose (except for a couple exceptions).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Hey McD these scenes with Jun, if we had a better relationship with one of the other girls would we be getting these scenes with them instead?

I ask cause this is a Japanese character game and thus I assume at some point the game will tell us which girl our character ends up with cause well frankly they all basically end up like that.

It's not really exclusive like that, the scenes for each girl are at different points in the game and you can get most of them in one playthrough if you keep senses high. Think of it as us deciding which girls we're really close friends with at the end of the game, you can have multiple. We're just not getting Kazami scenes because we barely missed on her first one due to low points (and once you miss one for a girl you're done with her), and Ena has always been low. In this case if you've messed up with Jun I think he just goes exploring the contaminated area on his own (the bad end is still there).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Jun-Top
Kazami-Middle
Ena-Middle
Everyone else-High

because we're on a roll with getting the Jun scenes and I don't want to blow the sequence.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

I guess we're going to go through the story again with everyone on max to get the good ending.

I'm a little bit curious how far this will actually work so I'm trying it now. Well except Watase gets to be set to middle the whole time because he kept diving into fires and such.

Edit: There's a decision early in chapter 2 where you must have Watase above Kazami to survive (a tie isn't good enough).

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 8, 2016

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Now, you might look at this ''investigate what Natsuhiko was doing over the past few days'' thing and say that that's a lead-in for you to go to Route B, which is about the last few days before the LABO incident from the point of view of Natsuhiko. But you'd be wrong. As you can see, the game tells us what we need to fix in order to get a better ending. However, the next question is ''how do we do that?''. As it stands, the game is telling us to waste less time. It doesn't tell us where we wasted time or anything, just that we need to fix it. This can be quite aggravating - I recall talking to somebody who didn't like this at all - but I didn't have too much trouble working it out because I made the same fuckup we did here, and it's fairly easy to realize how to fix it.

Where is it? Well, I gave you some help. Remember that I screenshotted several times where the game told us that we wasted time, and only one of them has an easy way to fix it. See if you can work out where it is, and what we need to do. Of course, you don't have to - I'll make that necessary change all the same. So, next time, we un-gently caress ourselves and we'll eventually see what saving just a little bit of time can do.[/i]

There is one good reason for a player to move onto Route B actually. If you have Route B completed, an extra decision point unlocks after Yuuri's body mysteriously disappears. LPwise it's not worth showing off at all because literally the only difference is they skip searching for Yuuri and go straight back to the lab. Gamewise however you avoid the biggest time waster and have a much easier time avoiding this ending (it might not even be possible to mess up after that).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Oh does this end up being a case of play both Routes and as you get Ending X in each one you unlock more options in the other so you can get the super ending by finding the whole truth and playing with 0 time wastage? That's actually pretty neat if really loving fiddly.

No...the only difference is what I said. It's still possible to get the good ending for this route the first time (which TheMcD is about to do) just a bit harder. I'm not sure if there are any extra Route B scenes that require Route A (because I played A first) but if there are it doesn't affect the endings at all.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 9, 2016

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Make sure you watch that credits video to the end, everyone.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I vote for B2, but if A wins I'd also be fine with showing them between early Route Before updates.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

OddHaberdasher posted:

EDIT: Between the different splits and such, is there any situation where friendship scenes are mutually exclusive? There doesn't seem to have been any so far, but maybe I missed something.

Yes, when you pick who to go with in 9-3. You can only get that scene where you find out Kazami is his ex if you team up with her, and going with Jun in the main run allowed us to find out about the scars on her back. After he gets the last Kazami scene TheMcD is going to have to reload and team up with Ena to finish her scenes.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

OddHaberdasher posted:

TL;DR If answering this one way or another does not constitute a spoiler: When we get to the end of the game, are the epilogues mutually exclusive to the point pretending they took place in the same play-through would require ignoring whole paragraphs (Ex: Tachibana and Ena both seem to be going the romance route)?

Hmm...well I'll say they're not going to flat out contradict each other, no. Let's leave it at that.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

I wonder if, after the end of Route Before, we'll access some sort of merged route? It's not like that sort of thing hasn't occurred before in video games that present this sort of option, ranging from Final Fantasy 6 to Radiant Historia.

Well, at the end of the first route the Playing Log showed that we had 19/39 endings. The Route Select screen shows that this route has 5 endings, so we'll be at 24/39. Obviously there's more to the game after this route.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Cyouni posted:

That would indeed explain it. On the plus side, it's not connected to any of the other ones so you don't really need it to collect the other friendship scenes.

As far as I know, you have to get all the friendship scenes in order, so since we missed her second scene we're done with her until the route is over and TheMcD goes back to get them.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

TheMcD posted:

VOTING

So, another day in the books. We've learned a lot about Salyu, Mashiro continues to be the team mom, and Yuuri continues to be very mysterious. Now, it's time to update our Senses once more. We seem to have fallen off the tracks for Salyu's friendship scenes, but continue to be on track for Mashiro and Yuuri. One bad end lurks in the chapter for September 13th.

With that in mind, pick between Top, High, Middle, Low or Bottom for Natsuhiko, Yuuri, Mashiro and Salyu.

Since we're off the Salyu train and we've already passed a bad end for low Salyu favor, I think Mashiru/Yuuri-Top, Natsuhiko/Salyu-High is a good choice.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

TheMcD posted:

In this case, we have two options for you to pick between: Favor Watase, or favor Natsuhiko and Yuuri. What will those answers do? Well, that'd just spoil the fun, right?

We're jumping right into things with a red branch. Death awaits. Choose wisely.[/i]

Isn't there a third option to have all of them at the same value?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Cyouni posted:

Off the top of my head, that results in one of the two options given.

No it doesn't, there were two bad ends available here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
In case anyone's not reading carefully, the video at the end is a new OP for this route, not the same one we've seen before.

• Locked thread