Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I love this game, but I kinda burned out about halfway through the B route. Maybe the LP will inspire me to go finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

TheMcD posted:

There's a bit of a problem with this line of thinking, and that's because the system is often (like in this case) used to decide between two options. Setting both to max is essentially giving the game ":shrug:" as an answer, and while I cannot confirm this, I believe that it takes that to mean "let's pick the option that brings the player closer to death".

With regards to the former, giving the game a :shrug: generally only works on blue dialogue bits, and even then it usually just pisses the other person/people off for being indecisive. In yellow branches it usually kicks you into a "I don't know what to do!" red branch (where doing it again will kill you), and in red branches it usually just kills you outright. So yeah, "pick the option that brings you closer to death" is a good way of describing it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

IceBorg posted:

Also a question because I might have understood it wrong when you explained it, but is there a diference between like having a character in the botton to having it on low in the sense thing? Or are they basically the same thing when you are deciding if you trust a character?

Functionally no, but it will come into play once we have 4 or 5 characters on the wheel at once. There might be no difference between "I do not trust character X or Y", but if you have one set at 0 and one set at 2, the game still takes that as "but I trust Y over X"

Artix fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 6, 2016

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Iirc most the actual "choices" just change who is with you at any given time. The actual events are the same, but when you split up you can decide whether Jun comes with you and Kazami does something with everyone else, or vice versa. There's a couple that are more substantial than that, but they're more of the "whoops you didn't have character X do thing Y an hour ago BAD END" variety.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well you haven't abandoned it yet so you're already doing better than he is. :v:

• Locked thread