Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I have a feeling exactly zero questions will be answered soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Put everyone on top all the time. Even if they turn into villains. Especially if they turn into villains.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Top and I don't have to justify myself to you people :colbert:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yuuri Kotono: Middle
Ena Tsubakiyama: Low
Keiji Ukita: Bottom
Kids: Top

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Haifisch posted:

I say Watase should be low, because he still needs everything explained to him like a civilian. Jun and Kazami should be at the top for the same reason Logicblade said.

Pretty much this.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Never played this game, but judging by the way that Watase is acting, I don't think that's Watase at all. Amnesia doesn't change your personality. Something else is going on here.

Clearly the nuclear explosion caused Watase to split into two people, one the player character and the other the 'monster' from the prologue thing. Then it'll turn out the other Watase is the rational, talented half and everyone will prefer that one, so player character Watase will nobly sacrifice himself somehow.

And then the second scenario will involve time travel somehow because anime.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Clearly THIS is what is meant by Watase's voice in his head saying "Save her", so let's put Watase on top and Kazami on high so he mans up and does something to save her.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't get the Sense system at all anymore.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Clearly we just need to modify my original suggestion (which, way back when, was "max everyone all the time for social links"). Put everyone at 8 except Watase, who is put to 7. That way it's high but still lower than everyone else. Problem solved!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm still trying to figure out what word could end in -ro and also end a sentence.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Maybe the kid died from prototype AD, and was related to Yuuri? Hence the distrust of current AD?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheMcD posted:

EDIT: Alternatively, I could of course just have droughts happen if they happen and not really care about it. We'll probably be here for a year or more, what's a few days more, right?

And then the next thing you know, you have a 4-year gap in your Just Cause 2 LP.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Top Yuuri, High Watase

Because it's either that or Top Yuuri, Low Watase, and the coin I flipped came up heads.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I was really hoping the escape route wouldn't be a dead end because I'm getting sick of the "find just enough AD at the last minute" branches.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Watase - High
Jun - Top
Kazami - Top
Yuuri - High
Ena - Low
Ukita - Bottom
Kids - Middle

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know why it took me so long to realize (probably because I'm sick right now).

A ghost did it. The reactor isn't nuclear, it's supernatural, powered by the souls of the dead. But one of the ghosts escaped and created this whole mess. It's a ghost killer.

But not just any ghost.

It's a Case N... for NAGISA! SHE'S THE GHOST! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Would you kindly

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

This is building off of my absolutely correct "runs on ghosts, case N for Nagisa" theory.

The kids are vampires. BC is just vampire mind powers, and the kids came in to steal the souls in the reactor. Ena is a mortal who also wants it shut down but to free the ghosts rather than steal them.

Watase is a vampire hunter they called in because of the meddling vampire kids, hence he called the student a monster. But now they have to work together uneasily because of Case N and the mysterious "killer", a werewolf who wants them all dead.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Jun how could you? :(

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yuuri was obviously a ghost all along.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I find it rather strange that they pace this out to have (what we're supposed to think is) a real death so soon after a fakeout death.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ghost reactor, Case N for Nagisa, I'm telling you! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Obviously Ukita and Jun have been possessed by vengeful ghosts. From the ghost reactor.

I'm going to push this narrative until it becomes true, damnit!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Obviously to fix the ghost reactor, Watase has to become a ghost himself!

In more seriousness, I don't remember TheMcD saying anything about this route having "bad ends", other than the deaths when the Sense thing turns red. What makes you think this route has multiple endings? It could just be "here's how hosed these people are" and then we go to the Before route or Route B or whatever it's called and get the rest of the story.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I guess we're going to go through the story again with everyone on max to get the good ending.

This was literally the first thing I suggested forever ago and I was told the game doesn't work that way.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think I know what Watase ran into:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm going to vote A because seriously, "spend more time with the characters we know so well"? We don't know poo poo about any of these characters! Ukita never told us anything about his work, Ena claims to be a teacher and clearly isn't at LABO in that role, the kids are just packaged anime mystery, and Watase is as much a blank slate now as when he started.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Regarding the Bible quotes, the one for Route After (Isaiah 24:22) is part of the "Apocalypse of Isaiah" or "little apocalypse" as it is sometimes called. This chapter refers to "The city of confusion" which basically refers to the capitol city of whatever power is oppressing the Jews at the time. If it was originally written during the Babylonian exile, it would have referred to Babylon and the readers at the time would see that obviously. It was later interpreted to refer to Antioch during the Seleucid persecution, and later still to Rome. The specific verse refers to the fate of the people of that city, the oppressors of the Jews, as being punished by God when the end times come and God reigns from Jerusalem.

So in the context of the game, it could refer to all the villains and schemers (like Ukita and pre-amnesia Watase) being trapped in LABO together, shut up in prison and punished.

Meanwhile, Route Before (Psalm 88:8) quotes what is generally regarded as the saddest, darkest, most melancholy of the psalms. The psalmist is in the depths of despair and has apparently been abandoned by both God and those around him. The situation of the psalmist is never explained within the psalm, and there are various conflicting interpretations possible (quarantine due to leprosy, imprisonment as punishment for crimes, guilt from sin, or simply unjust treatment).

Given what little there is to know and that only one and a half verses are actually quoted, I'm just going to guess that Natsuhiko is going to be betrayed or abandoned at some point. Vague, I know, but there doesn't seem to be a lot behind the Route After Bible quote either.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Top for both obviously.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

tiistai posted:

That's the fire incident in 2021 that Senior Fellow S caused and they're the two children that infiltrated LABO. The documents said "two lives were lost as a result" and Jun talked about a single kid who apparently died of radiation exposure.

Obviously the other life lost was Natsuhiko's and he's a ghost now.

It'll be true someday, damnit!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Mashiro and Yuuri - Top
Natsuhiko - High
Salyu - Bottom

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Clearly Mashiro is Best Buddy Jun, Yuuri is Ena, and Salyu is Ukita.

Which means Mashiro is going to betray us (probably by revealing that we're a ghost).

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Haifisch posted:

What I'm getting from this is that either Salyu can read minds, or her stuffed animal is some sort of intention/emotion detector.

So the stuffed animal is possessed by a ghost, you say?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

HydroSphere posted:

Hmm...did the rescue worker just somehow overlook someone, or could he literally not see one or more of them?

The rescue workers can't see the ghosts.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Great, now I have to stop reading this LP so I don't get depressed over whatever tragic fate befalls the poor doggy.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Everyone bottom

They are all time-traveling ghost hallucinations and I don't like them.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheMcD posted:

So, commence going nuts about ghosts now.

Honestly, that was too much bullshit for me to process. Ghosts have gone from a dumb joke to a welcome alternative.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

No bad ends, you say?

Everyone bottom

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Everyone top to celebrate the dog getting a happy ending.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Mister Olympus posted:

I haven't done this yet, but the way I read the reveal was that Natsuhiko's psychic power is so strong that his hallucination of Yuuri was visible and audible to everyone else in the house because he was convinced of its presence. She's there in Before because it's almost like a parasite that transferred to Watase and broadcasted to the survivors through him. In essence he made a "BC ghost" a la the explanation earlier and is going to transfer that self-sustaining information broadcast over very shortly.

He makes a BC ghost that gets AD injections? One strong enough to persist through all the AD - a substance that (IIRC) inhibits BC - that the subjects are injecting themselves? One that he decides to make appear dead to just one person for... some reason?

Y'know, with the way the story's going, that's probably true. I know I was the one who started the whole ghost thing, but I really haven't been enjoying this Route. Watase's story is way more interesting, this Route hasn't really told us anything new about Ena or Ukita (or Jun I guess) to inform their actions in the other Route, and I really dislike how BC went from "psychic powers" to "able to do whatever the plot demands at any given moment".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm still not sure what we learned on this route to enlighten anything about Watase's route. I guess it confirmed what everyone was already suspecting: Watase was one of the terrorists.

• Locked thread