Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

asymmetrical posted:

Kazami: High. Despite my initial suspicions so far she's been by the book in her characterization - straightforward and serious about doing her job and saving people.

Jun: Top. As serious as Kazami about her job and the welfare of our group, but also our sort of closest companion now that we're amnesiacs. I, personally, like her a lot.

Yuuri: Middle. She's, technically, done nothing wrong, but to be fair, she's also done a lot of nothing. She's a plot device waiting to happen, but until then, we have no reason to distrust her.

Ena: Low. Teach has honestly been the most combative of our group, and also the first one to panic. I feel like if it came down to it, she'd throw us aside in order to save her students.

Ukita: High. He's done his best to assist us, and we've made a lot of progress thanks to his know-how of LABO. There's no immediate reason to suspect him, other than every character is here for a reason.

I agree with these.

Watase: Middle. We're voting for right now and long term, so it'd be better if Watase valued himself a little bit but not too much. His memories are still nonexistent, but Kazami's giving him a crash course and he's clearly physically capable, if his performance lifting two people (even if one is a kid, dead weight is still super heavy) is anything to go by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Jun - Top
Ukita - Bottom

Because like whitehelm said we're getting the Jun scenes so far.

And because gently caress Ukita, he's an rear end in a top hat. The rest of the people I don't have any idea what to vote for, so I'll abstain.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Assuming that our Yuuri is Subject Y-II mentioned in the report, I think we just found Subject Y-I :tinfoil:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

My vote goes to B2, if only because we know these people will try to kill us later, so let's be friends :v:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Why does this game love describing how Watase burns to death in exquisite detail? I mean, I'm not saying he didn't earn it by being a colossal idiot, but it's starting to veer into a little too much information.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

And look at best buddy Jun being a wingman :3:

Man, Jun continues to be the best :3:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Watase just keeps dunking on people so hard they burst like overstuffed pinatas.

Jesus, people.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Top for both. I mean, Natsuhiko's known them both for years, so why wouldn't we trust them?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Logicblade posted:

Going to stick with Mashiro at the Top, Yuuri just behind her at High, while both Natsuhiko and Salyu are Neutral

This seems as good a plan as any.

I'm placing my bet on this Yuuri we keep seeing in LABO to be some hallucination, or astral projection, or ghost, or something. It makes sense, since she won't leave the house otherwise.
Alternatively, 'Yuuri' is just Natsuhiko's alternate personality and he has schizophrenia or some poo poo.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Also, just gonna point out that Salyu doesn't sound like 'salut', unless they don't pronounce the Y and her nickname is just 'Salu'.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

The typical rendering of the French word "salut" in Japanese is サリュー, "saryuu". Salyu's nickname sounds similar to the first syllables of each of her names in Japanese, Sannomiya Ruiizu Yui. SaRuYu, Salyu, saryuu, salut.

Huh. Learn something new every day.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Mashiro - Top
Salyu - High
Yuuri - High
Natsuhiko - Neutral

I'm tempted to vote bottom for Yuuri (since she said we could distrust her if we wanted to :v: ) but I want the friendship scenes more.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

It's like the writers looked up some weird scientific facts (I've actually heard about Maxwell's Demon before, though the whole 'removing energy and creating fire' was new) and then proceeded to base all this stuff on flawed understanding of it all.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

TheMcD posted:

So, commence going nuts about ghosts now. But please don't overlook the fact that Mashiro has seen Full Metal Jacket.

I was going to get irritated about ghosts, but Full Metal Jacket is too good to be mad.

Also, you have a broken quote tag in the first part of the update, the BC receptor tip.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

High Natsuhiko, top everyone else

Yep, this seems like an okay idea.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Yeah, no, I'm on Natsuhiko's side for this one, game.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I'm just guessing here, but this whole flashback thing is probably going to be handwaved somehow by Natsuhiko connecting to his past self's mind or something like that.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I mean, it's still a really lovely thing to do, but at least Mashiro has a reason for playing along with Natsuhiko's delusions. There's not much else you can do when he goes into a panic attack any time he gets close to the truth.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

This LP: 8 because yay compliments :v: In all seriousness, a lot of effort has been put into this thing and thank you so much for doing this.

Now, for character rankings:

0 - Keiji Ukita. He was a non-entity in After, and I hate him for being a total poo poo in Before.

1 - Mashiro Toba. Honestly, the only reason she's here is because this was the last slot open and she was the last character. I dunno, I just feel like a lot of After's problems are because she decided to investigate terrorism herself instead of talking to the authorities. Then again, one of the authorities was terrorist, so :shrug:

2 - Ena Tsubakiyama. She'd be higher, since she's a good teacher and stuff, but I can't help but not like her because of how useless she is during most of Before.

3 - Watase Kasasagi. Kind of a dumbass, though a lot of times that's because we voted wrong for Senses, but seriously. Also is a terrorist.

4 - Yuuri Kotono. There's something up with this girl, but I don't really like her. She didn't do anything in After, and Before she was just a character there. Current might fix that, but at the moment she's here.

5 - Natsuhiko Tenkawa. While there's plenty of things to talk about re: Natsuhiko's Mom and Terrorist Hunt, I think most of his responses were valid given the situation (despite what the game seems to think).

6 - Kazami Tachibana. She's calm, competent, and trustworthy, though maybe a little too much so at times.

7 - Louise Yui Sannomiya. She's an adorable little gumdrop and I can't help but like her, especially her blunt responses to basically everything from suddenly suplexing Natsuhiko to being able to murder the gently caress out of Watase. What a cute axe murderer.

8 - Jun Moribe. Aside from the brief murdering stint (which I'm 90% sure is caused by an outside force) she's Best Buddy Jun.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

What the hell, Natsuhiko? You specifically said that you didn't have to worry about this guy wanting to kill people for now, and then you immediately mind crush him when he tries to help out your friend? Who is currently in 'Oh gently caress' levels of radiation exposure?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I'm just gonna point out that the LABO scientists are real dumb for using a target definition type that is so easily ambiguous as the first syllable of a person's name

(I know it's so players can put the clues together if they're paying attention, but still)

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Yep, I foresee nothing wrong happening at all. This plan seems completely fool-proof.

to be fair he's lost a lot of blood but still loving hell Natsuhiko you idiot

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I... am not entirely sure how to feel about this reveal?

I mean, on one hand Yuuri had a damned if you do, damned if you don't choice on her hand; save Natsuhiko and have him lose all memories of her, or let him stay in a coma. On the other hand, making him hallucinate a fake Yuuri is still a really lovely thing to do to Natsuhiko.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Hahaha holy poo poo and here I was starting to feel a little bad about how Natsuhiko treated the Professor earlier

How hard would it be to say to relatively adult Natsuhiko, "Hey kid, you know you think Yuuri's alive? Well, she is, but she's in our secret underground lab for reasons."

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Watase's are as well, they're just way smaller.

Speaking of which, I like how the twins supposedly have "almost the same face" but Wataru's eyes are three times the size of Watase's.

Yeah, but that's just the usual JRPG sexual dimorphism at play.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

We should favor Watase because he's actually a pretty cool guy when he's not being controlled by the rage virus.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

...:smith:

I kinda feel bad for Nagisa, when it comes down to it.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Nah, I'm sticking with Watase. Partially because I'm hoping this is how we get a bad end, and partially because I just don't like Natsuhiko all that much.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

drat it Natsuhiko you idiot did you learn nothing from last time

SSNeoman posted:

Come on Natsuhiko. I get why you would've been taken by her the fiirst time but this was weeeeeaaaaaak.

What he said.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Cyouni posted:

And this is where we learn Natsuhiko learned nothing from the last time a smashed keypad was used as the lock and a hole was cut into the door.

Natsuhiko, not learning from previous experiences? Perish the thought.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

So Salyu just completely ignored Watase shouting about how he wanted Ena to save Natsuhiko and Mashiro? I guess?

But it meant she got to kick Watase in the face again, so I really can't blame her.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Danaru posted:

...:smith: ow my soul

yeah this was my reaction too

ow :smith:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Yeah, no, still on the 'Miyoko did everything wrong' train and riding that poo poo to the station.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Cyouni posted:

Nah they did nothing wrong, they just set up multiple ticking time bombs that kill everyone because they have no clue what they're doing. No biggie.

Also their plan would have gotten a ton of people malice-infected, causing a repeat of the The Great Arson. Let's forget about that too.

Counterpoint, they deliberately set it up so that nobody would get hurt, and two, how the gently caress were they supposed to know anything about N-ifying people since LABO kept a stranglehold on the information because :moreevil:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Option B, because I happen to like Best Buddy Jun and Yuuri more than the three chucklefucks that got us into this mess.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I always get a good chuckle whenever the Clue Cards pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Now, for character rankings:

0 - Keiji Ukita. He was a non-entity in After, and I hate him for being a total poo poo in Before.

1 - Mashiro Toba. Honestly, the only reason she's here is because this was the last slot open and she was the last character. I dunno, I just feel like a lot of After's problems are because she decided to investigate terrorism herself instead of talking to the authorities. Then again, one of the authorities was terrorist, so :shrug:

2 - Ena Tsubakiyama. She'd be higher, since she's a good teacher and stuff, but I can't help but not like her because of how useless she is during most of Before.

3 - Watase Kasasagi. Kind of a dumbass, though a lot of times that's because we voted wrong for Senses, but seriously. Also is a terrorist.

4 - Yuuri Kotono. There's something up with this girl, but I don't really like her. She didn't do anything in After, and Before she was just a character there. Current might fix that, but at the moment she's here.

5 - Natsuhiko Tenkawa. While there's plenty of things to talk about re: Natsuhiko's Mom and Terrorist Hunt, I think most of his responses were valid given the situation (despite what the game seems to think).

6 - Kazami Tachibana. She's calm, competent, and trustworthy, though maybe a little too much so at times.

7 - Louise Yui Sannomiya. She's an adorable little gumdrop and I can't help but like her, especially her blunt responses to basically everything from suddenly suplexing Natsuhiko to being able to murder the gently caress out of Watase. What a cute axe murderer.

8 - Jun Moribe. Aside from the brief murdering stint (which I'm 90% sure is caused by an outside force) she's Best Buddy Jun.

Updating on these:

0 - Ena. She dropped ranks for me after I saw her backstory. I mean, I get that she had her reasons, but at the same time she just kinda annoyed me with her backstory.

1 - Yuuri. Nth-ing the consensus that Yuuri seems to be a matyr without a cause. She just wants to sacrifice herself for some reason.

2 - Natsuhiko. While a lot of his problems are problems the game insists are problems, I no longer feel as much sympathy for him. Yikes, boy, get over yourself.

3 - Ukita. Big jump for him here, and I'm proud of the guy for trying to do something about LABO, but he could have planned things out better than 'join terrorism -> commit terrorist attack'.

4 - Watase. Guy's got reasons for what he did, though I think he swung a little too far on the rear end in a top hat scale after his sister died.

5 - Mashiro. I still think it was a lovely thing to do to lie to Natsuhiko the entire time, but she had her reasons, and let's face it, they're better than the others.

6 - Jun. Honestly, she only dropped because Kazami went up.

7 - Salyu. Her background just makes her more sympathetic, and she's not wallowing in her self-pity like Yuuri, Natsuhiko, Ena, or Watase. She's actively trying to integrate and move forward with her life. (Although, her taste in boys leaves something to be desired.)

8 - Kazami. Aw, she's so strangely adorable when tripping over herself with her first crush.

Dishonorable Mention: Natsuhiko's Mom. Yes, you're trying to protect your son, but that doesn't excuse poo poo.

Honorable Mention: Subject N. Heck yeah, she's great. What a shame she went insane.

• Locked thread