Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Watase - Low. I know this voting is more for the long term, but I feel like Watase should be looking for AD as soon as possible (assuming that setting Watase to low will make him risk his own safety and that AD really does provide protection from radiation), mainly for Kazami's sake.

Kazami - High. She seems trustworthy and dedicated to trying to save as many people as she can so far to me.

Jun - High. Same reasoning as Kazami.'

Yuuri - Middle. As asymmetrical said "She's, technically, done nothing wrong, but to be fair, she's also done a lot of nothing."

Ena - Middle. Seemingly the most confrontational person in the party; her students are her top priority, but she gives me the impression that she'll do everything she can to get everyone out alive.

Ukita - Low. Ukita seems helpful, but I personally don't trust him, what with how upset he became over those researcher's murders (even Watase notes something seems to be a little off). Ukita also seemed quite quick to send everyone away from the Server Room when he was trying to open the bulkheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

I'll vote for A, moving on to Root B straight away. Simply because we know we'll get new information in Root B, whereas we might not get that in the friendship and bad ending scenes in Root A.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

TheMcD posted:

It was a picture of a sourfaced man with a somewhat stern look in his eyes.

(Who's this guy... something about his face pisses me off for some reason.)

From what we can see of the picture, and Tachibana's adamant refusal to let Ena or Jun see the picture, it seems like Watase may be in for a shock when he sees his reflection. I wonder if his feelings here are stemming from jealously, or if that's really what Watase thinks?

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

Thanks for all the updates you've been putting out these last couple of days.

:agreed:

Enjoy your holidays, TheMcD (and everyone else.) :)

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Nasty. :stare:

Amnesic Watase is sometimes almost painful to watch, with how kindhearted and earnest he is.

TheMcD, you mentioned you were using OCR software for this game, is there one you would recommend?

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

TheMcD posted:

I haven't experimented with a lot of software - the first one I used, which I recall being recommended in some sort of LP thread (Sandcastle or Tech Support Fort, can't remember), was already good enough for what I wanted. The one I'm using is Capture2Text. It's simple, but it gets the job done just fine.

Thanks! :) I'll look into it.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

Keep in mind she's in rage virus mode. It's totally possible that they simply had a professional relationship.

From the little we know of Watase pre-amnesia, and how easily Jun can start opening up to Watase, I could see any issues between them being the result of a simple personality clash. Though the idea that there was some antipathy between Watase and Jun before LABO got me thinking; do we know how long Watase has been a rescue worker? Just wondering if he had anything to do with the rescue efforts when Jun was trapped following a gas explosion where she got a scar on her back and her friend/Tachibana's sister died. If Watase was part of the rescue efforts, Jun might harbour some resentment towards Watase for that, ie, "If you had only gotten here sooner, my friend might still be alive."

I still think they probably just had a personality clash though.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 30, 2016

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Top while there's no danger. We currently have no reason to distrust either of them.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

I can't help but be amused at the way people point out Salyu's hair colour as an indication that she's not full-blooded Japanese considering that Watase is the only one in the main cast to actually have black hair, and even then he has blue eyes.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

It almost seems to me like Natsuhiko and Watase swapped personalities or at least have adopted some of the others traits. Natsuhiko used to want to be a hero, to the point that he would go up against bullies larger than him without any hesitation, and would easily befriend most people, which kind of sounds a bit like amnesiac Watase. Then, most likely as a result of the trauma Natsuhiko experienced nine years ago, he became much colder, and more guarded with people, putting up walls between himself and others, which sounds a bit like normal Watase, from what we've heard of him.

Not saying I think BC or ghosts or anything else is responsible, just something I noticed.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 13, 2017

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

TheMcD posted:

Rescue Worker 1: You kids must be survivors, right?
Y-yeah... We happened to be down here by coincidence and got caught up in all this.
Rescue Worker 1: Anyone else with you?
No, just the four of us.
Rescue Worker 2: --How many did you say?

Hmm...did the rescue worker just somehow overlook someone, or could he literally not see one or more of them?

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 17, 2017

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

OddHaberdasher posted:

Alternatively, the rescue worker (the blue armband was Watase, right?) might have been seeing the ghost of Gunshot Girl.

Watase had a black armband.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Wow...judging from that first shot of Watase with the gun, and the way he was acting in the factory, I'm guessing that Watase has the rage virus, but he really seems a lot more vicious than everyone else that has succumbed so far - Ukita, Jun and Tachibana - all of them seemed to simply want to kill their target; Watase is actively playing with, and trying to prolong Natsuhiko's suffering.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 17, 2017

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

I'll go for Natsuhiko. I dislike him, but given it was just pointed out that Watase is a good person (if perhaps misguided), I feel like erasing Watase's memories yet again could lead to a bad end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

TheMcD posted:

There weren't any real "hints" per se, just some stuff that you'd need to creatively interpret to come to that conclusion. For instance, in "6+3" back in Route After, when Ena asked if anybody could use BC, Kazami never confirmed or denied whether she was able to do so - Jun answered for the entire team.

According to the Aptitude Rank and Ability Level tip, Jun has the same aptitude Kazami had before becoming a rank S communicator, though I don't think anyone has mentioned that in-game.

On the subject of Watases' height, does this look slightly off to anyone else? Watase is towering over everyone there, and he's slightly hunched over with his legs wide apart.

• Locked thread