Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Kasasagi - Low
Moribe - High

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Will you be stopping for every single choice point, or just the Caution and Danger ones?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

She seems pretty calm and composed, like she knows what's going on. Let's not trust her.

Bottom

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Excellent, can't wait to see what other terrible bad ends await us.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Well the bulkheads and security gates didn't lockdown until the nuclear reactor went into meltdown, and before that all the gates were open so people could evacuate. There's still a lot of unanswered questions, but that could explain why some people had access to areas they weren't supposed to have.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

High for the Kids, we're rescue workers and we need to ensure the safety of women and children.

Likewise, Yuuri should be High as well. Ukita and Ena seem pretty untrustworthy and can go to the Bottom

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

We're still not really ready for this high paced rescue stuff, but time waits for no man, especially not Watase. I say High for Watase while putting Jun and Kazami at the very Top because they're the trained experts here.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

This was a good LP, congrats on a job well done.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I think in this circumstance we should have Watase's senses higher than Kazami's. If this works the way I think it does, he'll be more inclined to take the broken AD than Kazami. Considering he's a man with a stronger body, the radiation should have a lesser effect on him than Kazami.

Let's go Top for Watase, and Neutral for Kazami.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Maybe the writers were feeling generous with the pacing of the game and didn't want to give you another red flag immediately after just having one which seems like it'll take effect later on. Guess I had the wrong idea, but it turned out for the best? Welp.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Well that's what happens when you don't listen to the voice in your head, Watase. God.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Max for everyone. We need everyone to be on point and work together.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I don't mind the current pace at all. I don't particularly mind being wrong. This isn't a perfect system, to be sure, however getting bad ends is one of my favourite past times.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Yeah one would expect radiation to well... radiate from the source. The source would be in area N, and all the areas are pretty much equidistant judging by the map. I'd have to assume the raging fires and explosions are causing damage to the barriers and bulkheads. It's possible it could be something else though, like carbon monoxide buildup?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Watase: High
We need to have confidence in ourselves if we want to get through this dangerous situation. There are still holes in his memory and questions to be answered, but for now, we should believe in ourselves. There are probably a lot of options to change how we feel about Watase later.

Ukita: Low
I still don't trust this shady motherfucker. He's hiding some poo poo, and probably can't wait for us to leave before we figure out whatever the gently caress is going on. He's been helpful so far, but that's only because there are clear and present dangers to deal with.

Ena: Medium
She's just a civilian, but we should have high priority on getting her out of this place. However I still have some doubts about her, so the ambivalent sense makes the most sense.

Kazami: Top
She's doing the best she can to make it out of this hell hole. Pretty much the character we should be able to trust most explicitly.

Yuuri: Top
She's a civillian, she's innocent, and she deserves to get out of here. Protecting her should be priority number 1, even if my reason is just assuming that she's important because of meta.

Jun: High
There's no reason to doubt Jun. We need to work together and trust each other to survive. I just have her lower than Kazami so that we can defer to Kazami if blue choices come up.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Isn't it weird that the psychic voice came back right when the AD was wearing off? I don't know what AD is exactly, but it's starting to feel less like a radiation drug and more like... a mental inhibitor? We were murdered the second we ran out of AD, so maybe it's doing something for everyone's sanity, but that doesn't explain why Yuuri keeps rejecting the stuff.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Yeah Yuuri was passed out. If she wasn't, I'm sure she'd kick up a fuss.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Zero is the first word that comes to mind. I don't know what to make about the document though, but I'm almost positive that the children that snuck into the lab nine years ago have something to do with the high schoolers we haven't found yet.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh jeez... I dunno. I have to figure this is one of those cases where both parties need to get out alive so...

Top Watase and Yuuri. Gotta have faith.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Yuuri - Top
Watase - Low
Kazami - Top
Jun - Top
Ukita - Bottom
Ena - Middle
Mashiro - High
Natsuhiko - High
Salyu - High

I'll share my thoughts later, but I'm cramped for time.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

This isn't a nuclear lab at all, it's a BC Lab. It all makes sense. No wonder people aren't instantly dying from accumulated radiation, they're being hit by... well whatever the gently caress BC radiation is. The voice in Watase's head is telling him not to think too deeply because he's making more of it when he does. ... or something. That means the AD they've been injecting isn't an anti radiation drug, but an anti BC drug. So that might explain why Yuuri (a child and probable Esper) is so drat reluctant to take it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Uh... what? Yuuri isn't actually dead, right?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

The only Ka we know of is Kazami I guess? But that doesn't make any sense, she couldn't be a Communicator, could she? I am so confused, but I am loving this roller coaster.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Well poo poo, we have to be on a bad end now. I thought we were gonna get a bunch before this, like before we even escaped the security monitor room. Anyway I tried to parse the file the game gave us, see if I could make heads or tails of it.

Case N specifications Alteration Proposal Aug 1: -ken Kashiwagi
On Some Date 2021 Subject N attempted escape
As you already know ***
At the same time *** this chance to re-evaluate the danger of ***
Events leading to the accident ***
**** researcher S*** proper s****
**** took this chance **** e BC****
****with senses(?) ****
Communicators ***is ability
*** the targeted ***their brain conditions(?)
Reseracher S ***dire contact with subject N contained in Area Zero(?)

Paradoxically when ***just by ***at*** Subject N ***to run

Reason for alteration
Gene type S is wor***
Resistance to WX particles?
Subject N, WX particle generator went haywire?
*** been said ***ing of A.
This shows that **** something in area zero is up
Althought Subject (Y1? or N? Another Letter?) was born in LABO there is no reason to let it out?
It is Subject (Y1? or N? Another Letter?) we need to be careful about.

So what I'm getting out of this is that these WX particles are causing genetic alterations to everyone, which is why they're all going crazy. Which means that it's not radiation leaking out of area N, it's WX particles. A case N would not be a nuclear meltdown then, but instead one of the subjects trying to escape the lab. That's probably why they keep this facility all on the down low, they're doing unethical human experimentation in here, and the lockdown is so none of the subjects can escape and tell the world what LABO really is.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

What if Kazami was the killer all along? I mean we don't know that she wasn't already crazy. After all she tried to revive the dead girl by the elevator and she was "talking to the radio: when there's no way that story holds water. She's just as nuts as the rest of them, if not more so.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Pollyanna posted:

Wait, who's Yui?

Louise Yui Sannomiya, aka Salyu.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

So my grip on heat is pretty weak. 53 C is about 106 F right? Putting aside heat injuries that don't include burns, does anyone know what kind of trauma in what timeframe we are looking at for full body immersion in that water?

Actually it's about 127 F, so that's pretty rough for air temperatures alone.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh... now I look at that diagram, there's probably a giant rear end pump in the way of the drainage pipe. So much for your brilliant plan Watase.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I kind of want to vote for B1 and B2, I'd like to see the loose ends cleared up before we charge on down to the before route. Sorry Natsuhiko, your slice of life comedy can wait. >_>

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Mashiro to the Top, and Yuuri High, just in case we need one girl's validation over the other's.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Danaru posted:

Up until now I thought she was like, twelve :psyduck:

Same.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Gonna go with Yuuri is a BC ghost and ghosts can time travel because they're actually Bosons and poo poo

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Going to stick with Mashiro at the Top, Yuuri just behind her at High, while both Natsuhiko and Salyu are Neutral

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Yeah, we've played the Dark Route, we're playing the hero route now, so there must be a Last Route upcoming. (Where we crash LABO into the moon or something iunno)

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Mashiro - Top
Salyu - High
Yuuri - Neutral
Natsuhiko - Neutral

Always trust Mashiron.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Spatula City posted:

lol wow Natsuhiko & co have made some hilariously bad decisions. I mean, it makes sense. They're kids with more good intentions than sense. but still, I don't see the actual evidence of a dark conspiracy as much as that they're naive kids that don't realize that they're in a comfortable concentration camp.

Was... was that a pun?

Anyway since we've no more bad ends, put Mashiro to the top and everyone else High so we get her last friendship scene.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Pollyanna posted:

She drinks milk, I know that.

She drinks milk that Natsuhiko pours out into the sink.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

The other option is that there are two Yuuris. The one that died in LABO 8 years ago and the one that's currently running around in Watase's story. Or maybe... they're the same Yuuri and she never died to begin with, it's just that no one knows she's still alive aside from the higher ups in LABO. We know that Natsuhiko's mom isn't exactly the most trustworthy of people.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Cyouni posted:

The main problem is that the limits of BC are a known quantity - telepathy and empathy. Neither are relevant to Natsuhiko's situation.

Ghost Yuuri has made a point about mentioning the secret third ability of BC, to not just connect minds but hearts as well. Aka whatever the heck Natsuhiko is doing right now diving in Mashiron's memories. But that clearly isn't well known or a secret if Ena as never mentioned it, since she seems to be a BC fangirl of sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I like to imagine all the bad ends are just explicitly natsuhiko's fault now. Oh poo poo it's Yuuri, better dive face first into this fire!

• Locked thread